Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) claims that algorithms, which are driven by math, are racist

twitter.com/RealSaavedra/status/1087627739861897216

How true is this?

Attached: 01-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-vogue-november-2018-issue.jpg (2439x1371, 496K)

Knowing the playbook, this is just a roundabout way to implicate anyone involved in data science as racist if they produce models that show PoC in any sort of negative light.

Ever been called racist for reading FBI homicide statistics?

Who cares?

Anyone notice Jow Forumsshit threads always have a full article title in the subject as if the OP thinks he's on reddit?

who gives a shit you turd

fuck off back to Jow Forums

If you can't contribute to the discussion (technical points for or against the points made), then don't post in the thread.

>im not good at something
>it must be racist

>"m-m-muhh facebook algorithms are targeting conservatives!!!"
>"hah! can you believe those democrats think algorithms can be racist?"
you need to go back to Jow Forums

There is nothing technical here, it's literally twitter drama, fuck off.

>twitter drama and another fucking thread to whine about this cunt
Stop being disingenuous. No one is going to fall for it that's been here longer than even a month.

They're butthurt that AI tools keep becoming Jow Forums

Attached: Untitled.png (1093x470, 46K)

The argument (data provided to algorithms inherits human bias) is a massive talking point in AI.

>Bro, how can I be a pedophile if its just a combination of ones and zeros, its just maths bro you can't make maths illegal bro

Attached: you.jpg (1462x2046, 121K)

Jow Forums is mostly russian disinformers anyway

nobody on here believes me
and they drown me out every time I mention it anyway

at least I'm relieved more people are starting to be aware of this shit

Attached: not a fucking coincidence goddamnit.png (1349x1808, 1.18M)

>member of congress says something stupid sounding about technology

What the fuck?! Color me surprised! How will Americans cope with this?

>as if the OP thinks he's on reddit?

Attached: 1543866170339.png (944x4013, 662K)

>He believe hacker russian propaganda

>something stupid sounding

Counter it then.

>cortez is retarded
everyone knows this. is no one just going to admit she was voted in because "baste latina slaayyy"?

>muh russian bots
upvoted and saved

>nobody on here believes me
Because you're obviously retarded

This has nothing to do with to technology. Stop placing your gay politics where it doesn't belong.

>Bias in AI (the forefront of technology for the foreseeable future) has nothing to do with technology

Back to your platform wars threads kid.

Getting your shit sources from twitter.
Fuck off.

I mean...

...machine learning is trained using datasets, curated by humans. So, while the algorithm is "pure math", the data set fed into it is subject to "human bias".

Just, as a mental exercise, briefly imagine being her baby boy for an evening and just getting straight up held.

That being said, what's there to discuss here? The rhetoric is obvious, changing how algorithms function to benefit or curtail non-beneficial applications of AI in relation to the indentions she represents.

It can never be objective.

her voice makes her sound like a whiny bitch

There’s a video

It’s actually amazing that after DECADES of making mistakes, we still haven’t learned from any of the failures.
We’re still inputting garbage into systems and expecting anything but garbage to come out the other end.

you're quoting a daily wire reporter, my good bitch. of course, he's taking it out of context and lying.

in this 30 second clip she argues that facial recognition software is capable of producing racially biased results or ineffective results due to race. we've all seen the stories about entire Chinese families being able to unlock a single iPhone via face recognition due to the software not being able to differentiate them. even in this out of context clip, all she says is that facial recognition algorithms are not infallible.

this is especially funny because conservatives are always whining about mythical google algorithms to oppress conservatives.

Algorithms implemented through computer programing are not sentient. There is no concept of race. Telling a child to say nigger doesn't make the child racist. The adult may be racist and he is to be blamed, but not the child. It only does what it is told.

This argument can be applied to anything in the world. This keyboard I'm typing on could have been made by people with racist views. The country I'm living in could be ran by people with racist views. Just clickbait interview to someone desperate for money. A lot of progressive woman are doing it these days.

She's technically correct that AI coded by humans is going to inherently have human bias when making decisions but that means humans are inherently bias or "racist". What she is asking for are AIs created by non-human entities or agents.

>tl;dr
She's right but it doesn't matter.

Could the point have been missed more than this?