Productivity

What do you use as your calendar, to-do list, notes, etc?

>Google Calendar
>Microsoft To-Do
>Google Keep
>Hobonichi Techo as a journal/planner
>Microsoft Word as an electronic journal

Attached: download.jpeg.jpg (640x480, 229K)

Other urls found in this thread:

iprocrastinate.libsyn.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

notebook

could get righteous comfy with an electronic scrapbook of sorts, grab jpegs, bits of txt, html, w/e. Keep getting told, One Note is what I am looking for. Its not very but

>hobonichi techo

I've been HELLA tempted for years to get one, but I've always gotten cold feet over it.

Does anybody have one? Is it worth it for someone who already has a written planner who wants a little extra spice?

OP here. I use it more as a journal for my thoughts or things I did or happened that day than something to plan out my days with. I do use the calendar to put in events though. The look and feel of it is great and it just makes you want to write in it. I've filled every daily page this year so far with journaling. The paper acquires this really satisfying crinkly texture after you've written on a page that I love.

I got it as a gift before I knew it existed but I'm gonna buy it again next year.

>calender
i remember what days I have to do things in my head
>todos
calcurses or paper
>notes
vim + org mode

Calender
Reminders
Notes
All three apps on my iPhone XS, and all sync perfectly to my Macbook Pro without any log-ins or hassle.

dude look at notion

a ~/Org/ folder with the orgmode files common on all my machines
plain text notes on my phone
Calendar: simple calendar on android. (what schedule on what day, broad view)
Agenda: trying org mode not so much to manage my time but rather as a tool to archive.
Finances: gnucash on android. Gnucash on desktop is bloated so I was using solely my phone for finances and archiving the files on my PC. Currently trying out ledger-cli.
Hopefully I'll find a way to synchronize between gnucash and ledger-cli

I keep it all in my head because im not a fucking brainlet

~/tenga.org

I use...
wait for it...
this will blow your fucking plebian brain...
an actual physical paper calendar, you goddamn retard.

That sounds hella comfy.

Damn I'm on the edge again. Haha.

cheers - looks a bit muh cloudy, maybe try dl the Desktop bit and disable any 'collaboration' BS. Prob just inherently disorganised desu, but an old cathedral, 50 giant printers and a good pair of scissors, I'd find that elusive missing pattern

This. You already stare at your screen long enough, why make it more bothersome by having all your tasks there?

>Calendar
ownCloud's calendar.
>to-do
>notes
>etc
Plain text files.
Sometimes pen and paper, then I type them back into those text files.
For something more complicated that has drawings, charts, spreadsheets: Libreoffice Writer/Calc files.

the most important tool for me is Keep, using the Location and Reminders feature
ie: I need to buy something in some place, I tell keep to remind me when I get to that place. This way, everytime I remember something about that task, I just add to it
same deal with reminders
I use Calendar for all the other stuff, just to remind me of specific dates, but still, Keep is way better to recollect info about that specific event, such as a map, or some pictures

Bullet journal & Google calendar

how does it feel to be tech illiterate

secretary

Emacs with org-mode for all of these. Stop using bloat. Unfortunately I do use separate calendar on my phone and it's just the default thing that was on it. Gotta read up on synchronizing org-mode with other calendars.
>inb4 Emacs is bloat
It was bloat years ago when 8MBs was your whole RAM capacity. My Emacs occupies 25MBs when starting and 40MBs after loading all packages I use (which sure is more than a basic text editor but it does more than a basic text editor).

iCal
iCloud
Sticky Notes for notes i will do today
vim + file system for archived/engineering notes

This is the most reddit tier comment I've seen in a long time.

"In a long time"? Are you actually awake?

I use a physical note book and post-its.

How those kind of post are not troll or paid shiller?

calendar, to-do list - pic related
notes - sheets of lined paper

Attached: 2019-01-23_132726.jpg (1920x1080, 274K)

Nothing to add, Emacs is comfy as fuck and keeps it all consistent.

A paper calendar.

>calendar
Nextcloud calendar + stock phone calendar + thunderbird
>todos/daily todos
habitica
>projects
trello
>notes
vscode for markdown notes + dropbox for syncing & reading them from phone

nigger faggot

I use a paper calender with pictures of naked woman on it.

I have a calendar on the wall, a paper one with cat pictures. I also use an agenda in which I write with a pen or pencil the appointments or things I must do that are important or events I need to remember. I don't rely on electronics for these things.

As a member of the neet lifestyle community I laugh at this topic.

$34 for a planner.

Attached: Screenshot_20190123-051624.png (1080x1920, 229K)

What makes this planner actually worth buying? What functional value does it bring over cheaper planners? I don't believe paper quality alone should bring a planner to such a price tag.

Whiteboard in my bedroom

>todo.txt
>todoweek.txt
>todoyear.txt

here, while I use Emacs for most things (because it's essentially a framework that holds all my tools together and it werks) there are a couple things I dislike about it, all of them narrowing down to the project being very old. Emacs Lisp has a couple weird things because it's a language from 80s and Emacs is weird in GUI world (for example refreshing the window - Emacs was written with the assumption that it has full control over the terminal but now it gets some requests from WM to refresh for example when resizing the window). I wish for a modern Emacs but that would require rewriting all tools that I use (apart from the work required to make the base program).

It's japanese and you can be more like a real nipponjin

Attached: weebposters.png (1280x1092, 598K)

I love my Hobonichi. My wife has been using them for years and after using one for the first time all last year I can see why.

It has a really good layout and the paper is absolutely godly. If you write with anything other than a $0.25 Bic ballpoint pen you will be in hog heaven. The paper has so little bleed-through that some people use Hobonichi's for things like daily paintings using watercolors and gouache.

Colornote for everyday things

Physical paper notebook. Fuck trees.

calcurse and a peice of paper in my pocket

orgmode

This is just a gridsl with the date on top. Aren't all like that?

Attached: 97311.jpg (900x600, 80K)

Full Year poster on wall + orgmode. Everything is in ~/org/ and the big things are on the year calendar for context.

Attached: 1547538938032.jpg (2155x1440, 663K)

Nothing , I'm just naturally not that organized. If I do need to remember something I do write it down on a notepad near my desk and as far as calendar goes, while I don't write on it I have one on the wall.

a note taking app called trilium. it supports writing your own plugins easily, and is open source. works for me.

>Emacs
>Stop using bloat
>Emacs

Emacs org-mode mostly, but usually keep small notebook in the pocket for rare occasions when I'm further than 10 meters from my laptop

Google calendar and taskwarrior

I went to try org-mode but the first line I put down was in a fuckhuge font, how do I make org-mode only use one font size?

>he doesn't live and breathe agile
Whiteboard with sticky notes

Google calendar
Todoist
Evernote
Trello

(custom-set-faces
'(org-level-1 ((t (:inherit outline-1 :height 1.0))))
'(org-level-2 ((t (:inherit outline-2 :height 1.0))))
'(org-level-3 ((t (:inherit outline-3 :height 1.0))))
'(org-level-4 ((t (:inherit outline-4 :height 1.0))))
'(org-level-5 ((t (:inherit outline-5 :height 1.0))))
)
goog^Wduckduckgo is your friend

This

Nothing beats pen and paper. Computers are too s-l-o-w.

Honestly I liked the MediaTek Calendar the most but Google Calendar is fine too.

Just a Rite-in-the-Rain Notepad

oh and a pen

pic related + google calendar

Attached: IMG_20190123_113224.jpg (3024x4032, 3.66M)

Evo planner

>go to their website
>WHAT IS YOUR BRAIN TYPE
cringe

good planner even if cringe for you.

The planner has other sections.

A secretary. That's what we pay them for.

All the kind of notes I take are usually in the form of a list, so I just use a spreadsheet.

>(custom-set-faces
> '(org-level-1 ((t (:inherit outline-1 :height 1.0))))
> '(org-level-2 ((t (:inherit outline-2 :height 1.0))))
> '(org-level-3 ((t (:inherit outline-3 :height 1.0))))
> '(org-level-4 ((t (:inherit outline-4 :height 1.0))))
> '(org-level-5 ((t (:inherit outline-5 :height 1.0))))
>)
Not him but thanks, that bugged me too on this new theme I'm using (material) but I was too lazy to even try to fix this inconvenience

Attached: planner.jpg (5472x3648, 2.24M)

>calendar
Fantasical
>to-do list
~/todo.org
>notes
Emacs + org-mode. I also have a bunch of square-ruled exercise books (like the kind you use in school) for each topic that I like to learn - I take hand-written notes in the relevant exercise book (literally scribble tier) then later on if there's anything worth properly noting I'd put it in an org-mode file.

Attached: autism.jpg (919x919, 66K)

Makes me laugh when people uses this apps for shit like "buy bottle of water". If they don"t write it, they will die by dehydration?

Here's mine, after a few years of use; I though I'd use it throughout my life.

Attached: IMG_20190123_180859.jpg (3600x2160, 2.17M)

RIP. I had a 500 for years that just disappeared into the wind one day so I bought a 1000.

>t. neet whos never worked on multiple projects and deadlines before

I use notion at work and it feels like a huge meme - the one guy who really likes it is fucking obsessed that you use all the features and it just feels masturbatory

I write a diary in a random file on my laptop and it regularly gets ignored.
I use google calendar when I'm busy but regularly forget about it when I'm not. At the moment I have a trello board where I keep a high level thing for all my hobbies and reference it every few days.

At work I literally have a google doc segmented into 30 minute blocks that I duplicate & modify each week because otherwise I'll forget what I was doing.

Go drink some bleach, shit for brains.

i have a self-hosted kanboard that I use to organize my life. pretty useful desu

Attached: kanboard-presenter.png (1280x800, 61K)

Forgot to attach, this is my google doc

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-01-23 23-51-39.png (1219x749, 49K)

>computers are bad
kys boomer trash.

paper calendar

paper legal pad for notes

>Needing a calendar

This is it. This is the most NPC thread on Jow Forums.

Attached: NPC.jpg (636x773, 32K)

Pen an paper. Seriously, what else do you need? Calendar events in Gmail.

All electronics are hackable, anything hand written is also a vulnerability, that includes any voice fingerprinting and biometric, memorizing is the best

Top three priorities then sub

>todo list
Rainmeter skin

>calendar, to-do list
I don't have anything to do, or anywhere to go, or anyone to see

Attached: every_day_the_same.png (617x387, 408K)

Whenever I try some fancy system I end up abandoning it after 2-3 weeks.

Moleskine planner and a 4 color pen (Uni Jetstream). I make connections between that and sync up important events and alerts to the ios calendar. Realize though I would like an alternative that syncs with my (windows) desktop and laptop. Seeing as there's a couple of anons with google calendar, might start there.

autist here, love this pen

we established year ago that Luddites are not welcome here

Same man. Trying to work things out better between colors but I feel i got a decent system down. Had this for over a year and now using it daily since the new year. Never realized it had a pencil as well until a week ago either.

the pencil aint bad, i usually use a kuru toga in combination with this pen since I like how the kuru keeps dat point. Glad you're enjoying it!!

Google keeps, TheBrain10

my nigga

Attached: fds.jpg (1063x1145, 112K)

my nigga!

Thought this was the best thread to ask

What podcasts do/have you guys listened to if any about productivity/thinking/learning?

t. user who needs to get his shit together.

I think you got mixed up there, buddy.

For productivity try iprocrastinate.libsyn.com/
The guy that heads it took what's in these podcasts and peer reviewed journals on the topic and wrote the procrastination puzzle, which was a great quick read. Next step for me is to listen to the podcasts to get into the beef of it, as procrastination is my biggest personal hurtle.

~/notes.txt

>todo.txt
this right here