Who was the best end user motherboard maker?

Forget about motherboards meant for PC dealers and constructors, lets talk about those mobos sold directly to the end user for self building of a computer.

Whoever made the best mobos for this purpose? Not necessarily for overclocking but thats a nice addition. Who was the worst?

Here's a list of the manufacturers I'm aware off:

-ASUS (a big name today but was in the game right from the start in the so called "clone pc industry" and it started from scratch back then)

-ASROCK (isn't this practically ASUS junior?)

-BioStar (död? made some nice boards ages ago)

-Arima Rioworks (made a couple of boards that had some issues but also had features not available elsewhere, very niche stuff)

-MSI (the only true competitor of ASUS?)

-Gigabyte (was always under the shadow of ASUS and MSI but they tried to offer some alternative chipsets not used by the bigger names so was at least interesting alternative)

-SuperMicro (Isnt this pretty much server only? I listed it because they do also sell motherboards directly, and not only complete server systems)

-Tyan (Almost completely server/workstation oriented, has made the best workstation boards ever if not perhaps being topped by Intel on some cases)

-Intel (Everyone knows this)

-Foxxconn

Attached: asus board.jpg (422x353, 50K)

Asus and Supermicro

Abit and dfi came out with fairly unique ideas

I loved Abit, but the damn NF7-S 2.0 was my last board. It was an awesome board except for all the DYING.

It's definitely not Gigabyte. Slow customer support, customer support won't replace defective boards (but amazon did...) but will keep it 2 weeks nevertheless, BIOS/UEFI bugridden as fuck, even in the GUI (certain options are hidden unless you set other unrelated settings in a particular order - the order of setting them is important!), BIOS updates come in the form .exe files - but they're actually just self-extracting archives, you still need to flash with another .exe in Windows only or from within BIOS, driver updates for windows 8, 8.1 and 10 came late (sometimes never).
And all that while wanting a premium price. Premium prices are okay for premium products, but not for trash that runs worse than fucking motherboards from dell.

Still upset about Gigabyte. I hope they go bankrupt.

I only used gigabyte in the year 2000 and it was fine, probably they shat themlseves afterwards

>ASUS
I don't trust because they invest more in their marketing than development. The industry standard I guess.

>ASROCK
Every board that I've had from them has garbage built in BIOS fan tuning software. Some of their boards have overkill VRM solutions, which is good I guess but I don't OC anymore.

>BioStar
Had one ages ago, rock solid but nothing special

>MSI
Included software and their low to middle boards are crap. Only their high end boards are nice. One of my most stable boards came from them.

>Gigabyte
I really like their mid range "Ultra Durable" line.

>Foxxconn
Based and redpilled

Possible. OP is pretty spot on with his words on Gigabyte. Chipsets are the reason why I bought them back then. But never again, I swear, never again. I was getting utterly disappointed by them multiple times at different occasions, whilst knowing that other manufacturers don't pull off such crap.

I've had Asus motherboards since I can remember. So far, they're running fine.
First laptop was Asus, and that was pure shit though!

Elitegroup

- ABIT
- DFI
- EPoX

Asus, but only because of their FanXpert with fan stop modes and auto tuning. Made my pc silent where others couldn't.

They're all shit. Probably the worst are supermicro and biostar.

This. Still rocking with my NFORCE6M-A

Brings me back to the good old days when pic related happened

Attached: 1416811210295[1].jpg (600x450, 337K)

I've used Biostar and Gigabyte.
Both boards were good. This was over 5 years ago though.

PC CHIPS

SOYO, never saw a manufacturer be so chad that pump and dump every single mother board.

The boards ive had:
Gigabyte UltraDuable AM3:
>absolute units
>always POST
>utilitarian BIOS UI
>Perfect home server board for minecraft (FX6300) and my Phenom X4 for my home streaming box

MSI X370 Series
>Very big boy, has reinforced PCIe x16 slots,
>no card sag on my RX 480
>Never gave up
>experimental Ryzen OC options, never nuked my CPU though
>USB 3.1
>Perfect fan curve control
>red AMD THEMED LEDs for maximum aesthetics

Poast other mobos and things you like about them senpais~~

Attached: chino.jpg (225x350, 39K)

Don't forget PC Chips aka ECS.

Other makers I recall, I'll try to order it by obscurity: Zotac, Evga (they are new), Colorful and Onda (China), Abit, DFI, PC Partner/Sapphire, Epox (later Supox), Soltek, Soyo, Albatron, Chaintech, QDI, Zida.

all those are good but they'll never reach the greatness of ZIDA TOMATO

Attached: bx981.jpg (640x480, 115K)

Soltek

that's a great box