Forget raspberry pi 3, there is orange pi 3 coming

tekniikanmaailma.fi/ensin-tuli-raspberry-pi-3-nyt-on-vuorossa-orange-pi-3-uusi-30-dollarin-hintainen-pikkutietokone-toimii-androidin-tai-linuxin-voimin/

Orange Pi3 costs merely 30 dollars at minimum and it is made by Shenzhen Xunlong Software -company.

It will support Android 7.0 – and some Linux distributions.

CPU is Allwinner H6 which contains Cortex A53 an actual CPU part and also ARM Mali-T720 GPU, both in the same single chip. Depending on the price you could get a model with 1GB of RAM or 2GB of RAM but the price increase is not very significant while RAM increase may do a lot of difference depending on what is being done with the device.

There will be analog video out in the device supporting PAL, NTSC etc. And of course for normal computer screens there is also necessary outputs but the video out is nice extra some competitors dont have.

IT ALSO INCLUDES mini-PCIe slot.

GPIO is 26 pins.

It can only be bought from Ali Express shop.

Attached: avaus-2-1024x683.jpg (1024x683, 97K)

I bought an orange pi solely for it's gigabit Ethernet. I have a USB 3.0 external HDD on it and I get 75mb/s transfer rates which are more than satisfactory for me.

>USB 3.0 type A
what is this 1996 again?

Attached: 795.gif (493x342, 393K)

Attached: c7f60c_6789326.png (1300x1300, 186K)

explain why is not type C then?
It's much smaller

(((Most))) people still use A.

>some linux distributions
does it at least support the ones raspi does?

what's this for then?

Attached: HTB1R_3WQFXXXXX1XXXXq6xXFXXXL.jpg (850x850, 71K)

>GPU that doesnt natively support indexed color
literally whats the point of this?

extra hardware that would add to the price or subtract from the utility if it came separate
i also prefer type c because you can just adapt it to type a but most people would probably rather just have a type a port, i'm pretty sure my opinion is in the minority

this one is the cheapest to mass produce

What kind of emulators does it run?

>OpenGL® ES 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, 3.1,
>OpenCL™ 1.1,
>RenderScript
garbage

whats the point of it?
if it isnt better at being a retro machine then its literally useless

Kodi machine. Has H265 acceleration, gigabit Ethernet and USB 3.0 for the same price as a Raspi.

>extra hardware that would add to the price or subtract from the utility if it came separate
>i also prefer type c because you can just adapt it to type a but most people would probably rather just have a type a port, i'm pretty sure my opinion is in the minority
Not sure why this is hard for people to understand. This Chinese company isn't trying to tailor its hardware to suit us autists.

>PCIe is not usable, Allwinner fucked up the implementation, it can address something like 32MB of memory
>no GPU/VPU HW acceleration on Linux
>good mainline support coming in next 3 years (hopefully)
>probably stable wifi connection
>fucked up CPU placement, you cannot put there a decent heatsink

nah, not really.

any benchmarks of emulationstation

If it cant bump my retropie up to ps2 enmulation then I dont care

>chinkshit

armbian will probably provide ubuntu and debian images. they have for all the other orange pi sbcs. i use ubuntu on my orange pi zero.

does that mali chip support h264 decoding? if so i could build a dvd/bluray/kodi box with it.

But is Armbian out for it yet?

newest Armbian should now work with tihs

No sata port?

>itoddler already prepping the adapter
color me shocked

Kyssaa itsesi vitun vammainen.

As long there is no proper standardization of how arm PCs out themselves on hardware level (aka. something like the BIOS/(U)EFI/OpenFirmware) it's as useless as every other rpi clone, because there aren't any standard operating system images available. Always having to flash a modified and only-for-that-device OS image sucks major dick.
What operating systems will opi support? 2? 3? Maybe ten? That's laughable when you compare it to the thousands of .isos you can boot any x86 PC with BIOS with.
Uboot ain't a standard. Standard is getting a sbc with arm chip and you have to flash the exact .img onto otherwise nothing happens, like, at all.

No matter how many dogs they eat, the rpi from the first world is the de facto standard for today.

>(((Most))) people
lol'd

I don't see it listed on the website.

Seriously? i was thinking about using a PCIe to SATA converter to make a small NAS/torrent box, fuck.
Allwinner as always botching something in their chips.

>made by Shenzhen Xunlong Software -company.
>ching chong dong
$30 spyware, right into the garbage.

I had an OPI2 couldnt figure out how to install gentoo on it and gave it away for free. And i run gentoo every day for nearly 15 years now. Its chink trash, maybe the PI have a better support community. Worked as a sys admin, low level chip programmer, engineering graduate. I am a technical person not some pleb.

This.

>I am a technical person not some pleb.
But you couldn't install Gentoo.

>using chinkware

enjoy having everything you do monitored by communists

But will it be compatible with a RetroTINK RGB hat or equivalent?

Attached: IMG_7177.jpg (600x600, 337K)

lmao
is right, you're fuckin' dum

GPIO looks heckin different my dude, youll probably fry your pi hats.

>no mainline support
dropped

is that an m.2 slot?

One can pray

I still like nanopc-t4 better
The only thing I don't like about the nanopc-t4 is the onboard mic
I think I can disable that without damaging the rest of the board though

but these thing also cost 30 usd(20 usd on bulk)

Attached: 3403.gif (600x600, 78K)

>26 pins
Dropped

Odroids shitty SATA Port is through USB 3 lol
Only thing that even had real ones was fucking original banana pi. You can't even read S.M.A.R.T. data on them

I think it's the same GPIO layout as the original raspberry pi model b

Attached: Front_of_Raspberry_Pi.jpg (1874x1399, 774K)

>It will support Android 7.0
I like how you thought his was a selling point. In the end its chinktrash.

Will probably be banned for sale in US as no build in CIA backdoor.

Noisy, high power consumption.

>implying they would not try to use existing chinese backdoors on them
these will only be banned to sell in US/europe for political reasons ONLY