pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Group Buys
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nl3D0wIqf3tU43bu0mc0LSkxeh2CxGrchr_OViEjZ4c/htmlview
massdrop.com/
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Attached: IMG_20190123_050741.jpg (4608x3456, 3.49M)

Other urls found in this thread:

keybr.com/
amazon.com/Keycool-Mechanical-Keyboard-Cherry-Switches/dp/B07KCGVFBN/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1548285976&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=keycool keyboard&dpPl=1&dpID=41wOexlwYyL&ref=plSrch
amazon.com/Cherry-Switch-Standard-Corded-Keyboard/dp/B0018ACJXW/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just ordered the Anne Pro 2.
White version.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 119K)

I have that same controller. Nice

>I'm an adult!

Who gives a fuck. By normie standards having a desktop pc is already degenerate.

>By normie standards having a desktop pc is already degenerate
t. hangs out with sub-70 IQ people

You seem mad. Chill out homie.

As if keyboard RGB is not a sub-70 IQ thing to complain about...

ergodox DIY kit, should I?

yeah why not, seems good to me
I'd go for an iris or let's split personally, since I use a 40% and they're also much cheaper
also ergodox only allows for a fairly small range of keycaps, no gateron or kailh box from what I recall, nevermind all the fancy switches

See thru gamepads literally look like sex toys

Anything MX will work, alps and chocs won’t.

half the keys on a Ergodox are terrible to use, try Gergo or crkbd.

Or Georgi, my 20% i’m Working on while I’m stuck at work. Need to add stagger still.

Attached: 75A2FB72-7F4C-457C-9E20-0E1387A8CD69.jpg (1517x611, 101K)

More Georgi

Attached: 1FB3860A-73DF-425A-AD59-FD40529BD8FD.jpg (1482x642, 118K)

I ordered a Race 3 RGB yesterday. Judging by how close they are, it should be here tomorrow or the day after.
Almost got the Pok3r RGB, but canceled it cuz I really like the 75% Race 3 layout

Sure, better if it's one of the hot swap kits. Something like a dactyl-manuform is better but I'd understand not wanting to hand wire everything.

I tried the ergodox and completely replaced it with my Iris because the thumb cluster is just too far to be comfortable. It isn't unreachable, just not nearly as comfortable as the Iris. My hands are about average size so if you have huge hands, it might work for you.

Attached: Iris.jpg (4032x2268, 414K)

Consider a Dactyl instead

Attached: Dactyl_keyboard_54199.jpg (1613x1210, 432K)

>RGB without see through letters

Lights can have utility but this is just rice

For just $100-300, you too can enjoy good feeling of oneness with cup rubber. Let the delightful solid THOCK resonate through your fingers as delicious words stream forth. Every key will bear testament to having been struck and you will never be left to doubt whether you've done the job.

Attached: topre_switch.png (648x608, 310K)

The underglow of the EZ Shine is comfy tho

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (670x350, 43K)

You DO know how to use a keyboard quickly and effectively ... right?

Attached: TypingEsport.jpg (1280x1280, 147K)

How can I learn the correct way? Right now I can type 120WPM using five fingers on my left hand and one or two on my right hand

You get that steno grind going.

Calling it right now, steno dink shows up and dicks that whole competition.

what? what do you mean, what is that

>Budget
$100-150
>Location
USA
>Preferred switch type
Black
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
100%
>Backlight
None, but blue a plus
>Previous/current KBs
Shitty HP membrane keyboard (current)

stenography

looks like the ducky one 2 is available with blacks and is like $100

Thanks. I'll look into it when pay day comes around.

Steno is banned in the tournament.

keybr.com/
It's going to feel extremely awkward.

Attached: touch_typing.gif (800x482, 61K)

Yes and so worth it. Bonus points for using the correct Shift keys too (left shift for right hand, right shift for left hand).

Those palm rests are pretty sexy.

Now I just need to get rid of the thumb buttons with a more elegant solution.

Do mx blacks feel the same as mx silent blacks?

>columnar stagger with thumb shift

that's disappointing, I was hoping they'd at least have a separate section for steno

>replace the thumb cluster
Here.

Attached: IMG_20180926_161727.jpg (3100x1606, 830K)

>Yes and so worth it.
I started learning it for fun recently after I got my Topre keyboard, and at first I thought touch typing was probably just a huge meme, but I can type about half my normal speed now (~110 WPM average on typeracer). Hopefully I'll surpass that eventually

What fucking retard uses his thumb. that's how you get polio.

I'm assembling a levinson from keeb.io, the micro usb port for the pro micro feels kind of loose, do you think it's the port or the cable?

>people with over 70 IQ
>normies
pick one

I normally used my right index finger but I'm getting the hang of using my thumb(s) instead with this technique. It did feel wrong for quite a while

okay, I pick "people with over 70 IQ"
what now? what's next, do I win a prize?

bump

Where can I get some nice transparent lettering pbt keycaps?

checked

Amazon.

aliexpress

Anyone have a suggestion for a good brown switch keyboard where the F keys line up with the number keys like this one

amazon.com/Keycool-Mechanical-Keyboard-Cherry-Switches/dp/B07KCGVFBN/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1548285976&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=keycool keyboard&dpPl=1&dpID=41wOexlwYyL&ref=plSrch

what's wrong with the one you linked? Just get the brown version.

thats actually pretty nice to bad it doesnt have cherry blacks

I want a keyboard with that layout, but not that one. My keyboard needs backlit keys and double-shot keycaps, of which the Vortex has neither.

Get vortex race 3

that same keyboard is on massdrop right now, for $60
only issue is that it's not programmable, other than that I've enjoyed it, although I want to get rid of it

>keeb
please kys

Attached: yuiexasperated.jpg (372x403, 101K)

So how is the dome in topre switches diffferent than the shitty ones in OEM keyboards?

Higher quality rubber, also the thing that actually registers the key is the conical spring, not the dome bottoming out on a membrane.

Race 3

>The switch's dome does provide most of its resistance and all of its tactile feel; but unlike conventional rubber-dome keyboards, the Topre's dome does not provide any "mushy" resistance near the bottom of the stroke. Its conical spring provides only around 5 cN of actuation force and is therefore critical only for sensing keypresses.

Attached: cup rubber.webm (500x281, 180K)

>When the conical spring is compressed, a capacitive sensing mechanism on the PCB senses the keypress mid-actuation. Circuitry on the PCB collects sensing data from smaller key groups and feeds it to the controller. This design also allows N-key rollover.

I got one of these and it's a really good board for it's price! enjoy!

I heard the Iris 2019 will have the pro micro and diodes and whatnot presoldered, so I'm thinking of waiting to get it until then. When does it come out?

Thanks user. can´t wait. like seriously. i smashed my old keyboard during game rage.

>i smashed my old keyboard during game rage.

Attached: 1389693013612.jpg (406x537, 80K)

Does anyone here have a Cherry G80-3000? What color are the caps/num/scroll lock leds?

depends on the model I guess, but on mine it's green, though I've seen one with blue LEDs

What model is yours? I am trying to avoid blue leds. The model I am currently thinking about buying is G80-3000LSCEU-2
amazon.com/Cherry-Switch-Standard-Corded-Keyboard/dp/B0018ACJXW/

>higher quality rubber
good job falling for their marketing

You can just look up the force curves yourself to see that it's not the same as a rubber dome you find in a $5 board.

doesnt have anything to do with it being a high standard of rubber. a lot of dirt cheap domr w/ slider keyboards have similar force curves

Do they though? I remember chyros saying that the old dome with slider boards are more tactile than topres.

>topre

Attached: 729.gif (340x340, 137K)

It's a g80-3000 hamus
That's pretty overpriced for that piece of shit. The build quality on them is garbage, but the lack of a mounting plate makes them easy to mod. The only reason I got mine was because I wanted vintage blacks and vintage double shot keycaps for the memes. I would never buy one for that much since you can get chinese keyboards with actual cherry switches for less with better build quality.
The only ones that retards buy are the ones with dye-sub keycaps

Wow very nice

Attached: a33.png (558x614, 32K)

hmm not sure if adult....

First trip to Goodwill today in search of keyboards. Came back empty-handed. 2 stores, nothing but cheap rubber domes, even the oldest and most obscure shit they had were cheap membrane boards. An associate at the second location even mentioned they had a few keyboards come in a couple days ago that got snapped up right quick.

Bummer.

goodwills are fucking shit maybe a few years ago it would have worked but not now. I actually remember going into a few seeing those ibm keyboards everyone likes.

look for electric typewriters. They tend to have unique switches.
I managed to find an olympia with special medium-stiff MX switches, but I haven't taken them out yet since the whole thing still works.

What actual retard does this?

I bought a "CM Storm quick fire rapid" (whatever that means) a few years back and I still enjoy using it. Is it a decent keyboard or am I just an idiot who's pretending he has a semi-decent keyboard?

Attached: 41yQG-xpzhL.jpg (500x332, 18K)

who here kinesis advantage?

That was the first mech keyboard I used. They're pretty decent.
It all depends on the switch though. Mine originally came with MX blues but I have since replaced them with some linear frankenswitch.

topre.

Attached: 1450968264910.png (256x256, 119K)

good keyboard, mod it with a The Frosty Flake or The Ghost Squid depending on which model you have

I'm not sure what those are.

i still love you

costar replacement controllers

tfw my tiny hands probably couldn't comfortably reach across the entirely of this

The curved columns mean your fingers have to move less than they would on a flat board. If you mean the thumb cluster, there are things like the dactyl-manuform, and modifications to it for handlets like pic related.

Attached: j4QbM1D.png (1190x920, 86K)

What is the name of that Keycaps font called?

Gorton modified.

Thank you, user.

u go to gulag

Why are you going with 2x6?
3x4 seems much more practical

Not really if you're trying to do steno :P

That community needs a decent board, I'm getting her going.

it's so fucking ugly. i hate that all SA keycaps have that horrible font because i love high profile.

Get MT3 caps then, they're better than SA anyway.

I find that font super ugly too. A big issue I have is the alignment, too. I like the shit on EnjoyPBT and GMK.

The alignment got fixed for R2 of dev/titty. Susuwatari & godspeed both use different fonts too.

center justified characters just fuck me off. call me autistic but they look really reddit.

It does make sense for high profile spherical caps, considering they're aping old ass caps in the first place.

Attached: 2.jpg (1024x755, 164K)