20 years later, every Linux distro can't do this without addons and tinkering

20 years later, every Linux distro can't do this without addons and tinkering.

Attached: advanced technology.png (1024x768, 243K)

KDE has this natively. Have you actually looked at any distro?

because it's a kernel not a complete functioning operating system. the GNU libraries are what complete the full operating system.

LXDE has this as well

KDE and Chromium does this.

So does KDE and patched Firefox, Falkon, Otter,...

Plenty of them do. KDE is a good example. Keep coping though, brainlet.

>GNOME devs hate channers
based GNOME

Why would a distro implement its own desktop environment (a huge undertaking) and split out the workforce when there are already good solutions out there.

>channers
you need to go back

>channers
more like nyanners

> can't do this
Can't do what?

get virus

Reminder that pretending to be retarded and being retarded are tautologous acts.

Blame Gnome for breaking their API every minor release, if they actually gave a shit about customization everyone would be having their meme platform, but because they break it all the time no one gives a shit about their pseudo javascript and everything is shit.

KDE and firefox does this by default now.

>Opera pre 12.18

Attached: 1446151902327.jpg (417x263, 71K)

20 years later, every NTOSKRNL distro can't do this withour addons and tinkering.

Attached: i3screen_01.png (1920x1080, 1.14M)

>the proof is left as an exercise for the reader

>Hide extensions for known file types
Anyone who has this checked is a certified idiot.

I'm confused. There's a lot going on in the image. Is op talking about thumbnails, or the start menu? Or the open dialog?

more like seananners

thumbnails in the file chooser. this dumb meme has been around for years and autists don't get tired of posting it

The whole point of GNU plus Linux is to add on whatever parts you want. Its always been a patchwork and it always will be.

Attached: zoomer.jpg (443x455, 40K)

When will Linux get working thumbnails, anyway? Is there a timeline anywhere in the major DEs?

Would it be possible to use sxiv for image file pick?

Attached: 1545448117996.jpg (500x500, 213K)

WHY NOBODY HAD PORTED REACT OS DE TO GNU+LINUX
FOR FUCKING SAKE, JUST PORT NEEDFUL WINDOWS 2000 EXPERIENCE TO LINUX FAGGOTS

the biggest question is why they're reinventing the windowing system when we have plenty of free software examples around

like rio or haiku for example

Never.

Eat dust, faggot.

Attached: 29610457937_8c41b9e7a5_b.jpg (1024x1024, 433K)

>amiga
based as fuck

10/10

Not going to happen.

Fukken this holy shit.

cope

KDE Plasma does it already out of the box. At least I didn't have to do any configuring for it to work and I just started using linux so IDK

he was refering to the KDE plasma desktop environment running on GNU/Linux. nowhere did he mention anything about ONLY the Linux kernel.
are you fucking retarded?

This. I don't understand what is being done.

Holy shit, you must be trollin because it takes an insane amount of addons and tinkering to do what you're doing on Linux.

Like what?