/spg/ - Smartphone General

>being in2 phones at all edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: 578d77da1fe6b6b6863a025ae4b75095.jpg (500x700, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

supernaturalwiki.com/Dean's_Cell_Phone
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-redmi-note-7
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reminder: phone cameras are shit.

they're good enough for 99% of people.

what phone

Attached: supernatural ints.jpg (1280x720, 459K)

that doesn't change what I said

Not at all
the stuff like Pixel are equal to point and shoot ones, which cost as much as a phone anyway.

lmao there's plenty of shitty point and shoots out there that doesn't say much

I saw some full res pics from an rx100 mk3 and basically it wasn't special compared to a Pixel

rx100m3 is 4.5 years old
I'd like to see a direct comparison but, I doubt one exists
on paper the rx100m3 kills the pixel

How come all these expensive flagship phones have such shit batteries? It's like all the cheap phones have the best SoT. Pic related is my Max Pro M1, I don't think I'm gonna get used to having

Attached: thumbnail.jpg (1080x2160, 106K)

Hey lads. Which would give me the most bang for buck? Decent custom ROM support is a must and I expect it to not give me any hassle when unlocking the bootloader.

Murrica

Attached: Untitled.jpg (745x731, 118K)

>Decent custom ROM support is a must and I expect it to not give me any hassle when unlocking the bootloader.
None of those phones have what I'd call "decent custom ROM support". With many of them you can't even unlock the bootloader. LG V30 is probably the best option out of those, but why not consider OnePlus 6/6T if good custom ROM support is what you're after?

Redmi note 5 subthread

Are you ppl running on custom ROM? which one does the trick for you?
Stock vs xiaomi.eu rom?

Recommended cases? Is the phone durable to not have any case?

Attached: 20180514105413_xiaomi_redmi_note_5_4gb_64gb.jpg (406x485, 31K)

Just buy the Note 9, fuck your ROMs. Rice stock and enjoy your phone.

>chink meme
>>no sd meme
>>>notch meme
That's too many strikes for me sadly.

The G6 for me had decent custom rom support, it's a nice phone. But I want something else now.
So V30 or if I get convinced I should sell my ass for it, probably isn't worth it.

Pixel experience is the best ROM for RN5. MIUI is dog shit.

Attached: 1538389187045.png (400x800, 28K)

supernaturalwiki.com/Dean's_Cell_Phone

Attached: Dean.jpg (1280x720, 103K)

>that fuckhueg wiki page for Dean's cellphone usage

Attached: hold still.jpg (1280x720, 399K)

What's so bad about bezels?

Nothing. It's not fashionable because Apple introduced the notch and goyim love Apple because Apple=status (inb4 not anymore, Huawei is, sod off) and poorfags get notched phones to feel like they're (((premium))) whatever that means.
The XZ4 has extremely slim bezels and it's perfect, it's slimmer than the S9 phones.

>Dean goes from Nokia, Motorola, Blackberry to Apple
>a direct allusion to the show going to shit from the earlier seasons
such pottery in a CW show, my my.

shitty aspect ratio though, really disappointed in the xz4

Got a Redmi Note 6 Pro and unlocked it with MIflash
How do I set up a custom ROM on it now?
I don't trust what the Indian websites are trying to tell me

Attached: 1537272524_635_xiaomi_redmi_note_6_pro.png?downsize=770:*&output-quality=70&output-format=we (635x476, 228K)

flash TWRP then any ROM you want, check xda

But is the battery drain the same as in MIUI stable?

How good is the note 9? Is it worth the hype and cost?

yes, obviously
just wait until August when prices drop big time as the Note 10 comes out. SD845 US version is much better, but it's still a grand phone.

Need a phone like asap sadly.

Carrier: Any, but I'd prefer Verizon or AT&T
What's the best sub-100 phone nowadays? I need a second one for work and I'll only really be using it for calls and emails.

So if I get a note 9 today will I be pissed off in a year that my phone is such shit?

would you happen to know a rom that would be good for my phone in particular?

currently running AEX, used to run Havoc OS, was good, might go back because there's something wrong with colors in this ROM, when you use Skytube its supposed to be black surrounding the video, but in AEX its gray
also make sure you use Universal GMS Doze magisk module and Greenify for battery life, Shelter off F-Droid helps as well
recommend the Mofi fabric case, I have the black and blue one

probably a used Moto G5 Plus

Yes, that's pretty much guaranteed with Samsung phones

anyone know anything about flashing .img files? wondering if you flash a .img file from another phone's firmware whether it will work or not, specifically modem.img or should I ask this in /sqt/?

Attached: xVUDFt9.gif (480x270, 1.46M)

Won't work

No. I'm still happy with mine and I bought it on release.

OK, can you explain why?

I just bought a MI Mix 3 will arrive tomorrow to replace my OP6
What am I in for bros, I've never used a xiaomi phone

Also no buyers remorse for dropping a grand because I didnt drop a grand. My phone bill doesnt cost shit and its financed.

What was wrong with the OP6?

Phone cameras are good for 14 years old girls on Instagram

Because that shit is phone-specific. All that'll happen is you'll end with a non-working phone.

Professional photographer here, you're full of shit. Chase Jarvis said it best "the best camera is the one you have with you"

Good photography is not dependent upon specs but on an understanding of the medium you fucker.

Moto E5 Play

because its a shitty phone
stop shiling rajeej

The OP6 is everything I could ask for... Except for the notch. I thought I would get used to it, but 6 months later it's still a daily annoyance.

I actually wanted the honor magic 2, but the lockdown of the launcher on the is real shit, next to it not officially being available in the europoor.

I'd you can live with the notch, the OP6 is incredible.

Protog here, Chase never had to shoot wildlife or sports with a iphone.

Fuck off retard

No, you'll be laughing at the Note 10 owners having a hole in their screen

What app is working to download youtube videos?

>lcd
>1080 x 2246
>plastic body
>403 ppi
>shitty no ois camera
>chink
Poojeets make me sick

Attached: yuru-camp-ep-2-5.png (730x550, 334K)

did not mean to quote

What Jow Forums thing about the samgung A3 2016?

It was already shit back in 2016, now it's a 3 year old shit

Alright I was all set to get a Nokia 6.1 but it turns out I'd be able to afford a Nokia 7.1 for even cheaper. So is the 7.1 an all around better device than the 6.1 or are there any hidden issues or anything? The specs seem better overall but I want to make sure.

what a stupid thing to say
obviously the best of any tool you need is what you can actually currently utilize
it doesn't mean it isn't crap

If this is at all in the pipeline, I would pay handsomely for it.

>decent size screen
>small when you need to put it back in your pocket
>dat sexy retro Motorola design

Please make this happen, Lenovo.

Attached: razrv4.jpg (920x613, 39K)

makes sense, so it sounds like what I need are the settings used within the device and flash them to mine instead of flashing the image file, correct?

Why don't you explain what it is you're trying to do?

I'd rather not because you never know who's in these threads

without getting into specifics, I'm experimenting with device functionality

Looking for a ROM that: supports the Galaxy S4 (i9500 submodel), has recent security patches, and OTA updates.

The i9500 isn't supported by LineageOS or many other mainstream ROMs. It looks like the best I can do is Resurrection Remix, with the latest build being from December 2017. Help?

why do you ask?

Pocophone F1 or Redmi Note 7?

I could get a 64gb Poco right now for $230.

$160 Moto X4 from BH

We hyped for RN7 or nah? Still rocking the RN5.

Attached: 1522543664729.png (785x757, 309K)

How's the integration between rooted android and arch linux?

Is the LG G7 a good device?

Yes

What's the best rom for Redmi Note 4X?

>installed Arnova8G2-V8.3b1 on RN5P
>back works perfectly
>front flashes white while capturing and gives out pure black image as result
what am I doing wrong?

Pulled the trigger. Upgrading from my Note 4X to the Pocophone

So, now that Android apps ask for permissions individually as opposed to you granting them all the moment you download the app, does that mean that I will be notified every time the app wants to access something? Or can they be sneaky and take the permission anyway?

I'm sorry, I know this is a retarded question but I just got a new smartphone after using a dumb phone for years.

Attached: cat.png (382x417, 242K)

Thank you to whoever recommended vinyl player on fdroid, it's been working well so far

they ask everytime and you can turn off the requests

Is it possible to uninstall/disable google play service?
If not is there any upside if I download microG besides being able to log into youtube vanced?
I'm kind of retarded, send help

Phone: Huawei Mate SE
Carrier: AT&T (USA)

I've been googling this shit all day, and can't get a definitive answer.
Will this get 4G LTE, or not?

Literally the only thing I need to know.
I'm about ready to smash my current phone, simply because I'm so sick of this shit, trying to replace the fuckin thing.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-01-24_01-34-02.png (650x807, 41K)

>Will this get 4G LTE
Yes

anyone tried jolla sailfish os? there's a free version without android app compatibility called sailfish x

t. 6 hours SoTlet

>Rice stock and enjoy your phone.
Yeah, for two years when Samsung stops officially updating the device. Totally makes sense when you're paying that much of money for it.

>SD845 US version is much better
Not really when it's locked down.

Who cares about updates? It's not like the phone's gonna brick itself and become unusable. It'll just not get the fancy new Android versions and the like.
Who gives a shit, if you're a custom ROMfag you wouln't eye a phone like the Note 9 in the first place.

Is the Mi A1 still a good phone lads, I have the chance to cop it for about 140$ in my country. Specs seem to be decent and only marginally worse than the Mi A2 and maybe even better than the Mi A2 Lite with better storage, USB-C, and quick charging unlocked. I want to avoid the bloat on MIUI and try out stock.

Why do people recommend the Mi A2 lite instead of the regular A2?

The only thing preventing me from an android->iPhone switch is not being able to browse Jow Forums on iPhone. How is jailbreaking these days?

>hey bro, just pay $900 for a smartphone, chill man is not that much
>who cares about that update shit and all that shit
The absolute state, etc.
>you wouln't eye a phone like the Note 9 in the first place.
Yes you would when it drops down to $400. Exynos variant in particular.

regular A2 has no headphone jack, no expandable storage, and the battery is only 3000mah when the A2 Lite has 4000mah.

$400
you mean when it's old as shit

Help bros
I can't decide between Samsung A8, Xiaomi A2 or Xiaomi A2 lite

I'm using it just for: calls, gps, messages, camera, not hard app use.

Would appreciate other suggestions, has to be 300€ max tho.

I have currently a iphone 4s with deffective battery and 3G not working that's driving me crazy.

Attached: 1504679316094.png (278x259, 63K)

Mi A2 Lite, or the Nokia 7 Plus if you can find it below 300

Nokia 7 Plus, Pocophone, Redmi Note 5/6 Pro or wait for Note 7

is it possible to rearrange the wifi/reception/battery indicators at the top in MIUI? the wifi indicator is mushed in between cellular and battery so it's not as easy to see if wifi is on as when it were to the left

you need the Camera patch
get Telegram and search for the RN5 Camera Patch channel, I flashed it and front camera works now

Anyone here using Yalp from F-Droid? I just noticed that it won't let me log in with one of their built-in accounts, is it just me or are you experiencing a similar issue as well?

I need Jow Forums-approved calendar and video player apps for android. Tried mpv for latter but it didn't do rotation properly and had no support for fullscreen under notch.

VLC

Where the fuck are the RM Note 7s you fucking chinks

kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-redmi-note-7

can you mod chinkie models to add more bands?