At work I have accidentally been granted access to a folder which has sensitive information restricted to senior...

At work I have accidentally been granted access to a folder which has sensitive information restricted to senior management. If I was to just browse these files and do not edit or copy any of them (word, excel), can that be tracked?

Attached: angry-dog-biting-a-man.jpg (1100x734, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/threat-protection/auditing/basic-audit-object-access).
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>can that be tracked?
Yes.

Yes, quite easily

everything you do on a computer connected to a corporate botnet is being tracked.

So what you're saying is don't go through and read them all. Got it.

MORON!
Copy everything, delete the logs and store it on an HDD that you keep unplugged.
When you copy make sure you're not connected to the net and you don't have 3rd party for monitoring.
You could copy it in dos.

install gentoo

>delete the logs

are you implying he can?

of course. anything and everything you do on the computer is monitored

It's simple to see who is connected to a shared folder. When they connected, etc. All they have to do is see your account accessing a normally restricted folder and even if you didn't copy anything, they would search your PC.

Take a picture with your phone.

logs and trackers BTFO

Attached: mobile_camera_group_test_thumb1200_4-3.jpg (1200x900, 132K)

Take screenshots

>open folder/file/literally anything
>audit logged

your pink slip sir

>can that be tracked?
Absolutely, and you're a fucking idiot for not reporting it to management as soon as possible since the longer you wait the more suspect they'll be of you if they eventually do find out you have access regardless if you made use of it or not.
NEVER allow an opening to get fucked like that in the workplace user

Yeah just hack into the mainframe

you what now

>take picture
>go home
>copy to computer
>destroy phone

pleb

are you forgetting the part when you open the file

have you considered installing gentoo?

> granted access to a folder
yes if they monitoring, and if they don't, change immediatly workplace

Give it back Jamal

Yes it can be tracked and as a matter of fact, one of my coworkers was fired this past November for accessing payroll files in a restricted folder that he just happened to have access to. Not downloading, not copying, just accessing.

I wouldn't report it as long as you have not accessed it. If you haven't touched the folder, then who cares, it's on them to revoke access and you can feign ignorance. If you have already browsed the files then yes, report it as soon as possible, and do so in a way that makes it seem like you didn't know that it was restricted.

Buncha pussies in this thread so far.

They can only be tracked if the domain controller has group policy settings for auditing object access (see: docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security/threat-protection/auditing/basic-audit-object-access).

It is unlikely they do this, and even if they do, just think of how many log entries in the file server will be created on a daily basis, probably hundreds of thousands. I bet the server logs rollover every day or so, there's no way anybody will notice this unless some autist in your IT department literally pours through windows event log all day.

Was the access just granted? Or did you always have it and just now discovered it? If you've worked at your company for a while you'll know how laid back the IT department is.

Ignore all these pussies telling you to "report to management asap". Management has no fucking idea how computers work and I bet the idiots in your helpdesk don't either

Usually if they aren't retarded.

Copy the files to a personal usb

then do whatever you like at home

also shut up and deny everything.

Yeah we all know copying the files literally deletes access entry from the log, right?

Just write something and pretend you got a virus but it actually copies the data away. Management is usually very stupid

Windows has the ability to "preview" a file without actually opening it. This would be your best bet and I don't believe you''ll show up as a user that has accessed/edited the file.

Also file share auditing is turned off on Windows Server by default. It's possible they aren't tracking it anyways.

You just want him to keep you company on the dole line, don't you?

>i don't have a fucking clue how computers work: the post
Why does Jow Forums attract this sort?

>mainframe
what if it's a Gibson?

This is true. If he's a domain admin he can verify all this.

>Copy network files while disconnected to the network

Nice kek

How was I suppose to know they were available via network, asshole?

use a co-workers account and see if they have access too. dl from theirs

Because he clearly isn't an administrator and somehow got access to locked files. It would be extremely unlikely that he was granted access on a single PC because that would imply a personal computer

If those idiots gave him access to the files in the first place, I bet there are no logs and no audit set up.

open folder.
logged.
open any file you shouldn't be opening.
logged.

HUrRRRRRRrrr ummm i take picture with my PHONE.
Your pink slip is for getting fired, brainlet.

sorry, meant for

wow he hacked the gibson! did he czech the garbage file?

Attached: aka.png (433x668, 231K)

A guy in my old company accessed the files which had financial details of the top level execs in the company because the execs C drive was shared across the company but password protected. The password was P@ssw0rd which the guy guessed.
The best thing was, the one who made it a policy that all C drives are shared and the default admin password so crappy was our IT director.

When you open a document you are literally downloading it, you know that right?

What's the worst that could happen honestly? You could just screenshot them easily or use a phone, as long as you don't systematically open every doc and just the ones you're interested in you could just play stupid and say you were clicking fast

Report to administration that this happened.

In theory if theres an antivirus installed you could hook a few calls (have fun) and get the contents of the files via a scan which would possibly make it look innocent to anyone looking at logs