Microsoft has controversial fake news filter NewsGuard built into mobile browser

Corporate and neocon-backed startup NewsGuard is one step closer to its vision of bringing its “unreliable” news rater to every screen after Microsoft makes it an integral part of its Edge mobile browser.

Rather than having to download an app as before, Edge users on Android and Apple devices can now just click one button to enable its “green-red rating signal if a website is trying to get it right or instead has a hidden agenda or knowingly publishes falsehoods or propaganda.”

Among the green-rated websites: Voice of America, CNN, Buzzfeed, the Guardian, New York Times and the Washington Post, as well as left-leaning upstarts such as Vice News and Refinery 29. Ones that are given the red warning label of “failing to maintain basic standards of accuracy and accountability”: RT and Sputnik (obviously enough) and the right-wing Daily Mail, Breitbart and the Drudge Report, in addition to hundreds of other non-mainstream news websites such as Wikileaks.

rt.com/news/449530-newsguard-edge-browser-media-integrated/

Attached: 5c3e03eafc7e93d01b8b4622.jpg (980x551, 173K)

>using a Microsoft browser
What year is it?

>green-rated websites
>the Guardian
>Washington Post

Attached: 1432517487807.jpg (250x237, 12K)

what is wrong with the guardian?

not enough swastikas

Nice , but that's the truth

>left leaning outlets are green
>right leaning outlets are red
really makes you think

corporate media with their main goal being propaganda, like most media outlets

but as long as you keep this in mind when reading anything remotely political it's not so bad for domestic news

Examples listed sound good. If it actually shows a list of pros and cons like the image suggests, then I'm all for it. I weigh transparency aspects far more than some others so it'll easily let me know what's up instantly.

Although I'm sure convenient outrage will pop up to keep people uneducated.

>so it'll easily let me know what's up instantly.
it's cute that you trust a for-profit corporation to accurately define the pros/cons of other for-profit corporations

Fuck this
I'm going full GNU+Linux /v/ros, wish me luck

>
Among the green-rated websites: Voice of America, CNN, Buzzfeed, the Guardian, New York Times and the Washington Post, as well as left-leaning upstarts such as Vice News and Refinery 29.
You just know this is going to trigger the fuck out of Jow Forums and send them into a multiday spiral of collective whining

Based microsoft

Russian propaganda.

it should trigger anyone that cares about not succumbing to corporate outlets

that being said i don't ever use m$ anything so it doesn't really affect me, mostly it'll probably be dumb boomers and zoomers with little intelligence / technology smarts that fall prey to this kind of shit

Based Microsoft
Ivan, Vladimir and Boris on suicide watch

that is rt news
>the only true independent newspaper is propaganda, cause they are against my political ideals.

>Multiday
More like year long bitching. Those people are the biggest snowflakes. It's hilarious how easily they get triggered.

I recommend you use a just werks distro like lubuntu so you can keep playing some vidya and also have a easy first time

>I’m too retarded to use the internet

Who are you quoting? Seems like you don't understand how 4channel works. I'll teach you, the > symbol prior to a sentence is utilized for quoting. Any other usage is incorrect, keep your implications to yourself.

In addition to this, much like you, an overwhelming majority of internet users are in fact retarded. Which is great for you, as you now have company! Unfortunately, not so great for the rest of us who have to deal with the misinformation and straight up garbage your types spread.

>I can't just trust any website
>But I trust this unaccountable browser extension to do it for me

Can you be any more of a useful idiot?

What the fuck do you think Normies who use Surface in their bed use?
Firefox or tor?
And, they ARE the majority..

>it's meant to filter out news that's heavily biased or plain wrong and/or is pushing a hidden agenda or publishing propoganda
>backed almost entirely by big corps
>green-rated websites are pretty much only huge mainstream news publishers
>criteria for being considered "reliable" isn't well defined and is up in the air enough to make decisions on how to classify sites entirely subjective
you can't make this shit up

>Edge mobile browser
lmao what
Normies use Chrome. Like 90% of them use Chrome and the other 10% Safari.

this is the most reddit post I've ever seen in my entire time on Jow Forums and I'm not the guy you were replying to. nigger kill yourself.

>BuzzFeed
Really? It's not even a week ago that they were caught for lying.

lots of their journalists have abandoned all pretense of unbiased reporting or journalistic integrity, and have poured their opinions and political leanings into the articles they write, ever since trump went into office.
They're just another yellow journalism outlet now.

>buzzfeed is lying
or
>trump is lying
wow, tough and hard choice

Many of those outlets listed are government funded and not for profit

To be fair the Google newspage links directly to fake news pages attempting to appear to be legitimate outlets.

It's a tabloid.

>buzzfeed is lying
or
>Robert Mueller is lying
Fixed for you, retard

It was clearly a joke you nigger with assburgers

They got caught pushing agenda few times too many.