Why is this even legal? This is actual spyware...

Why is this even legal? This is actual spyware. What is with Academic Insitutions forcing their students to install software that is a violation of their rights? What is with Academic Institutions forcing you to use software you might not want to support?

Attached: proctorio-logo-vert.png (475x342, 36K)

No one can force you to install software on your personal computer. Just change universities if they do... You're the one paying them so you can tell them to fuck straight off.

Never had to install while studying in Germany and Switzerland. it's probably a tool, mainly used in third-world countries like Egypt, Mexico, Kazakhstan and USA.

Go drink some bleach and shoot yourself in the mouth, you fucking failed abortion.

>proctorio

Is that a game about automating prostate exams?

>proctorio
>pic of a cam
What is this, a colonoscopy program?

Bro, relax!
I don't judge you for supporting your country. I just think it's infratructure, education system, medical healthcare and employee rights are much worse, than in most european countries.

Attached: bsd.jpg (608x473, 88K)

triggered and seething

Seething USA

REKKTTTTT

>being this stupid

REKT

Why are you asking a German to do the thing Americans are renowned for?

The fuck is this?

The absolute state of burgerland

>He doesn't know universities charge you tuition and then make you pay a separate fee to turn in the homework which is a part of your grade and can only be turned in by purchasing the software because professors will refuse the written homework on paper.

>you mad bro
>you mad
>americans are mad lol
It's like I'm at /b/ and some child just learned what trolling was. Can't even talk tech because it's full of this.

The fuck is that OP?
Is this shit something like for online classes?

I hope it ain't for business majors or something.

Not OP but I had to use it last year for a class that was only available online at my university. It's used for online exams to ensure you "don't cheat". It turns your webcam on, mic on, tracks your location, makes the browser full screen, makes sure you don't have any other tabs open, etc. As OP said, it's actual spyware, but for some of the online-only courses at my university, you are required to use it and there's nothing you can do about it.

.....so unplug your webcam and mic? That solves that problem, and all the other stuff is rendered useless if the person has more than one device

The instructor I had said that if your webcam and mic was not on during the exam, it was an automatic 0. Absolute bullshit. This instructor also told us that we need to show the surroundings of our room before the exams, along with show what we have on our desk with us. Failure to do these things also would result in a 0.

I get the need to ensure people are not cheating... but all that seems excessive. If cheating is that rampant in that course, why is it offered in a long distance setting? Sounds like the uni fucked up lol

And what do i do if I don’t have a Webcam and poly run Linux?

anything is legal if you consent to it

i consent to microchipping.

Use a VM. Problem solved.

Not if you're a child.

I'm fairly certain that would be considered illegal in my country.