Amazon Delivery Robots

wired.com/story/amazon-new-delivery-robot-scout/

How can Amazon think this will be a profitable business venture in anywhere but an incredibly limited market in ultra spoiled, ultra rich techie cities like San Francisco or Seattle. People in any city are just going to destroy these things out of fun and rage. People will be stealing them, smashing them with bats, spray painting them, running them over, etc., for the lulz.

Are big tech companies in America in such a bubble from living in cities like San Francisco that they're completely blind to what the rest of the country is like? Have the literally lost the ability to see anywhere but their super isolated tech bubble fantasy worlds?

Attached: amazon-scout.jpg (3600x2400, 745K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UPZwnc_Lk2M
youtube.com/watch?v=TstteJ1eIZg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

are you retarded?
They wont be everywhere, especially detroit

By people you mean assault people right?

people steal packages you think they won't bust these

how will this work? will the van deploy them

No shit, retard. Why don't you go drink some bleach and come back when you can actually comprehend a post.

How many packages can you fit in there? It's just dumb.

Is that what you drank, before you posted this?

Simply put, the drones will be equipped with a camera to send footage of the thief to a police officer, who will then track down the thief and put them in jail. Amazon will invest in stocks in prison companies before then, and lobby for a massive increase in law enforcement.

Oh, I get now, you were born with down syndrome. Good luck in the special olympics. Retard.

These are used for last meter delivery, the amazon guy/gal still drives the truck to your curb, then these little rovers drive to your doorstep and drop your shit off so the driver can be safe from the elements, dogs and other hazards between the curb and the doorstep.

Too many retards and their dogs trying to nip the delivery man, and too many retarded delivery people fumble and fuck up packages. This will compliment their fast deploying drone service, rovers go where drones can't.

There is just no way that these tiny rovers will have the battery life to make it from an Amazon warehouse to your doorstep, don't be fucking retarded.

Basically don't live a shit place and they'll be fine.
If you chose to live in a city infested with crime, that's 100% on you.

kys hippie, its for the high income areas, not the slums you live in

70% of citizens will be rfid chipped and under a total coverage AI-assisted surveillance net in under 20 years. You will be able to easily rob one of these, but have nowhere to run, nowhere to hide.

No, it's 100% on Amazon after they try and deploy this shit and next day half of their drone army has been smashed to pieces. They're gonna be the ones getting cucked.

Oh, look another lazy delivery gimmick for Jewmazon to milk a couple more extra bucks out of your wallet. LOL. Bullshit. Just wait for good old snail mail like everyone else.

No, they won't, since they won't deploy them into a shit cities or areas.
Only places known to be safe.
Then later once they've got the fleet running in the safe zones, they'll lower prime delivery times to 2hr for safe areas and 5 days for non-safe areas.
Eventually they'll drop free shipping to non-safe areas and you'll have to pony up extra for the drivers+delivery truck because you don't live in a safe zone.

Looks like a tinfoil hat isn't enough anymore. Luckily I'm prepared.

Attached: 1525055984377.png (173x305, 113K)

*smashes your robot and sells its parts*

*amazon's choice police detain you to a forced work warehouse after fitting you with an explosive slave-I mean wage collar*

>thinking Tyrone is going to get caught or bow down to you
lmao

*Swiss post office pushes you aside*

Attached: images.jpg (275x183, 10K)

ITT retards
youtube.com/watch?v=UPZwnc_Lk2M

I'd kick that thing over on it's side.

>>thinking Tyrone is going to get caught
He will when every Latisha has an Amazon Echo that will use facial recognition to alert the Amazon's Choice "Police"

>black people
>amazon echo
lmao, white people actually think other races put spyware right into their homes?

>created in corporation with the company that makes them to advertise it
>guy struggling to even pick it up
>completely baffled that he can't open it with just his hands by opening the locked lid

Video was made by retards. If someone wanted inside that thing they would smash it open.

So what you’re saying is we can’t have nice things because the majority of American citizens are pieces of shit? Everyone likes to blame the government or corporations or Jews for their problems but the real problem is that the people are shitty.

By not deploying them in low income/high crime rate areas.

90% of Americans will probably never see these.

>Are big tech companies in America in such a bubble from living in cities like San Francisco that they're completely blind to what the rest of the country is like?

Amazon is not Microsoft or Google. If there it is a profitable or worthwhile project they will continue it. It doesn't need to scale to infinity or be the most mainstream project.

Disclaimer: I am an Amazon employee.

It won't even work in SF due to thefts, and the fact that everyone who'd use this lives up in the hills where these things can't go up a flight of stairs or navigate a normal street with cars. It's interesting and will probably be a stock item on college campuses, corporate campuses and industrial sites but it has limited use otherwise.

>By not deploying them in low income/high crime rate areas.

So then you're not sending them near any sort of non-suburban area, aka the sort of place that would use one of these.

People said the same about Google 5 years ago and Microsoft 10 years ago. The result is a lot of failed, discontinued projects.

Can't wait for the Tyrone squadrons busting into these things.

Attached: kek5.gif (500x455, 496K)

Google discontinues a lot of projects because to get promoted you need to launch a product. Hence there is a lot of redundancy and no long term plans because the goal is simply to launch something.

this could only work in a city like singapore where if you even so much as spit on the ground the police will be raping you with their nightsticks before you can say sinkie

Such a violent projection of your inner self

Its for suburbia. Amazon 18-wheeler pulling into development in a.m. Swarms of these bots delivering chink shit to cuckstomers' mailboxes or driveways. Then the motherload truck goes to next development. And so on.

Just fit these with weapons to blast the thugs.
youtube.com/watch?v=TstteJ1eIZg

I.e. its Amazon way to compete with China gov't which subsidizes export of chink shit to customers in murrika, allowing said shit to be sold for 0.99 or less on ali or ebay, and thus undercutting Amazon biz model, cuz AMZN still has to pay like $1-2 to Usps or Ups for every piece of s..t

>How can Amazon think this will be a profitable business venture in anywhere but an incredibly limited market in ultra spoiled, ultra rich techie cities like San Francisco or Seattle.
That's why
>They wont be everywhere, especially detroit
Are you actually retarded?

Now with free stuff!

Attached: dead-hitchbot-01.jpg (800x684, 106K)

As they should. Entrapment is a very unused method of crime mitigation. Like that nigger truck in Chicago with the back open being considered unconstitutional because it caught like 20+ thieves a day. Hilarious.

This is a waste of money. It's too soon for this type of stuff to be working. For starters, land vehicles are way too prone to being attacked. It also needs to be able to drive on probably near perfect roads.What's it gonna do when it comes across a massive pothole?

Flying drones is clearly the key. However, the problem with drones is that they need to be able to carry atleast 200lbs~400lbs, all while maintaining stable flight under any weather condition. They need to also fly high enough so that random rednecks don't shoot at them.

>ultra rich techie cities like San Francisco or Seattle
>San Francisco
Have you BEEN to San Francisco you nigger

What are you waiting for? Bend over so newly single Benos can fuck you. It's not rape with you.

I for one welcome a completely gated white future of elysium

>Are big tech companies in America in such a bubble from living in cities like San Francisco that they're completely blind to what the rest of the country is like? Have the literally lost the ability to see anywhere but their super isolated tech bubble fantasy worlds?

Absolutely.

The robot has cameras and GPS on it so you’d be caught just like any other crime.
People might destroy bike and scooter sharing but none of those have cameras to capture the person destroying them.

>radio jammers don't exist
i would hate to have your IQ

amazon is trying so hard to get rid of the delivery man but all they are doing is delivering packages directly to package thieves.

>burger culture

Attached: 1493865109001-int.jpg (400x308, 34K)

>blocks your path

Attached: nigger.jpg (711x621, 38K)

what if they made like a central place where you could go to pick up your products. that could work

>what if they made like a central place where you could go to pick up your products
yeah, and what if they even kept stock of some of the more common items that you would be able to browse, and pay for right there

I think you're onto something here

Yea, a lot of barriers to public technological innovation in service,infrastructure and aesthetics
in the US can be chalked up to the penchant for lawlessness and barbarism.

Attached: f132gfeg.png (301x355, 73K)

yeah like some sort of central storage location or storehouse. needs a shorter name though

wares vendor?

stœr

>the penchant for lawlessness and barbarism.
i feel like you could be more specific here

niggers

Is it nigger proof

>tfw when Optimus Prime has been reduced to Amazon Prime

Right, "people" will break them and steal their packages, and who is that's in a bubble again? You can't even say what we're all thinking here

>Company is suddenly called racist when it's revealed that they are removing the robots from more "urban" and release video/photos of the looters that are mostly black

What kind of mental gymnastics did they use to declare entrapment unconstitutional?
I'm sure that it's illegal in certain jurisdictions but I doubt it's unconstitutional.

>amazon employee pulls a Snowden and leaks all of the nigger footage on LiveLeak

>put something out in the open, baiting people to try to steal it
>OH NO, WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO STEAL THAT, THATS ILLEGAL

I'd like to see the wording in the constitution that allows you to just take shit if it looks too easy to take

>100 degree day
>too lazy to walk home from the train
>see a delivery robot going my way
>sit on the thing until it deviates from my journey
>comf beep boop rodeo