Is there a more nerve wracking experience in all of technology?

Is there a more nerve wracking experience in all of technology?

Attached: installing-cpu.jpg (700x467, 60K)

bga reball

The first time experiencing a double boot

Trying to fix a heisenbug

Flashing firmware on anything.

I'll never understand why do people have problems with this. Just match the gold triangle, it's not rocket science.

Attached: amd-ryzen-7-1700-cpu-inhand1-640x640.jpg (640x427, 45K)

Finding a gf who love me for who I am

How the fuck can you even mess up inserting a modern CPU into its socket? It's near impossible, the damn things are marked and usually even shaped to only fit one way with some notch or whatever.

no, you're just not MAN enough to get things done.

girls don't love men, they love money, power, and attention.

>CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK
rip sandy bridge.

The CPU is too heavy for the incel's frail, baby-like grip. I laugh every time I read a component review involving someone struggling with turning screws.

The springs make cracking noises and the latch requires a considerable amount of force to press down. Considering CPUs can be $500+, it can be quite scary.

Whats more nerve wracking to do, putting in an Intel CPU or Ryzen CPU?

update windows 10

IT FUCKS UP EVERYTIME

No
No. Powering on after reballing.

The socket has notches top and bottom, pic related. It's where your thumb and forefinger go as you place the CPU vertically in.

Attached: cpu_socket.jpg (700x467, 152K)

>dropping it in from the bottom to the top
>not evenly placing it down from straight up

>puts cpu in socket
>starts slowly pulling down lever while sweating nervously
>braaaaaaap

The notches are there to give your fingers somewhere to go as you place it in...

>Foxconn TR4 Socket

Attached: 1512502441432.jpg (413x600, 102K)

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 102K)

You're joking

Attached: mandefusingbombfeature-759x450.jpg (759x450, 76K)

Update the MoBo BIOS

yeah. having to attach a heatsink with these fucking things.
>plastic creaks slightly
>they always snap when you try to install a new/better heatsink

i swear to god we had to order a box of 500 of these fuckers back when i worked in a repair shop because they always fucking broke if you so much as looked at them the wrong way

Attached: s-l300.jpg (300x300, 10K)

Are you joking? I have more stress mounting the heat sink than making sure the triangle points to the triangle. And don't even get me started on those fucking backplates.

Once ONCE I had a semi confusing/stressful experience when the tension on that little pull bar that secures it was way too high and I started to doubt whether or not I set the CPU right, but that's the only time I've had any qualms about gently setting the cpu into the slot that is has been precision designed to fit into smoothly.

Oh jesus christ that image and description gave me 'nam-level flashbacks.

Also when you're trying to reapply thermal paste and the heat sink has merged with the thermal paste to form an unbreakable bond and the only way to get it out is to pull the heat sink + cpu up together

Stress testing overclocks

They FEEL like they're going to break. So good to know that they do.

Not so much nerve wracking, more so annoying

Attached: C881596C-3828-4448-980A-FE9AE49E5FC6.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

>screwing down the CPU cooler
>the fucking springs creaking as you tighten the screws
>you keep wondering if the pins on your CPU are being fucked up

It just drops in the slot. The most "nerve wracking" part of installing a CPU is the surprising amount of pressure exerted by the lever, and even that's nothing.

Jow Forums

Not that big of a deal. Last time I spilt alcohol in the socket. Just let it dry and shit is perfect.

Nah. They love what they can't have.

Turn the computer on first
Use a hair dryer

It's not hard

More like socket science, amirite?

Attached: Naamloos-2.png (350x350, 138K)

Fuck you spic boy

Yeah the TR4 socket, even if you completely follow recommended procedure it'll still not boot often enough.

I prefer the pins on the motherboard, motherboards are a fraction of what my CPU cost, and pin less CPUs are easier to transport, you can just drop them in any ole anti static bag or even a ziploc and it'll come out fine.

While I've had my Ryzen come out with the CPU cooler far too often, and have seen pins break off inside the socket.

Carlos!

Man, the first time I saw the pcb flex I was sure I was fucking shit up.

the first boot after you put together a water cooled pc and was too lazy to test each part for DOA before hand.

What is this shit? It'll sometimes take like 3 install attempts before the CPU is in.

Changing the partition table on a running production system you don't have physical access to.

/thread

>Is there a more nerve wracking experience in all of technology?

Trying to install RAM for the first time ever. I was scared, thought I was gonna break the motherboard. Especially back in the DDR2 days when it was even harder to put RAM in.

Attached: 2o6JPTc.png (233x224, 80K)

Attached: UCABL017200_02_L.jpg (640x480, 111K)

USB?

Flashing firmware. Every fucking time I'm terrified that something will go wrong and I'll end up with a brick.

Why would you even waste so much money to begin with?

having to do an emergency deploy to production with an intern patch on a friday

if you fuck a cpy/mobo who cares, you throw it out and write if off as a loss. unless you have a dickhead as a boss he won't care

usb 3.0 ya

I've never fucked that up and I once fried an Athlon XP by powering on without thermal paste.

You kids don't know what you're missing

Attached: AMD_Athlon_XP_2800 .jpg (2816x2112, 1.02M)

>"alright"
>"come on you guys are lined up together perfectly"
>"now to just push you into your port an--"
>smaller piece suddenly hits the invisible force field around the port
>large piece fits in, but gets stuck
>have to use an ungodly amount of force to remove it
>try again
>"yeah, there we go almos--"
>fingers slip
>GOD
>FUCKING
>DAMN IT

Attached: pcie6plus2index.jpg (380x250, 15K)

Attached: 1538406900234.png (281x200, 68K)

>cracks the corner off

AMD delidding before it was cool

when you boot up and nothing appears not even a single beep

>delidding

i hope you are joking

Underrated

>takes the force of a thousand suns to pull out
>feels like your motherboard is going to snap

Attached: 1534538951262.png (800x800, 465K)

its because you arent pushing down on the latch enough for it to release
youre doing the equivalent of ripping an RJ45 jack out of its socket without pressing the tab

Thats nothing compared the installing the Intel stock cooler with the 4 pins. That mother fucker takes so much pressure to snap in that you will literally think you are going to crack your motherboard

When a fucking pin or two is bent so you have to very carefully align it without fucking up any more pins.

Pro tip: mechanical pencils make for great tools for this.

i love this anime image board because it's like carlos was actually the one that said it and not an oily but respectfully clever shitposter

>dude which wire do I cut?
>''haha just b urself!''

Fucking these. Holy jesus

DDR4 is supreme bullshit. DDR2 was the easiest thing in the goddamn universe to install and made so much sense but DDR4 demands you nearly snap your RAM to install it normally.

>dude, you can't cut off the red wire, it identifies itself as green.

I bent a pin on a Threadripper TR4 socket and had to use an oscilloscope probe to bend back

Even then it was a lil crooked but I popped CPU in, powered her up and she worked thank kek

>Bends your motherboard
Push Pins should be illegal.

Wait. I broke these things in my GAMMAXX and they told it couldn't be replaced. I ended buying another cooler. Are you telling me I could have repaired mine?

>I had to ask my GF to insert the bottom wires becuase I have sausage fingers
Being fat is shit

y'all zoomers dont even remember this shit
nothing worse than having to press a flathead as hard as you can toward your motherboard, hoping it doesn't snap the tabs off the socket and make you slam the traces to bits

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 14K)

I do remember that style and theseAre much worse

Screw them 45 degrees so they are in the lock position, PUSH the PINS down.
Using a screw driver is never needed, but as I said, it should be illegal because it bends the motherboard.

It's not as much of a problem on good motherboard since they have a tiny backplate around the CPU but older boards and budget tier boards don't.

Attached: bendy440.jpg (440x222, 30K)

*CRRRRHHHH*

I still have one of these suckers somewhere

Attached: anti athlon device.jpg (500x400, 30K)

>Screwdriver slips

>not using a .5" wide screwdriver

grub is so well written
how can someone fuck this up?

ryzen
fuck has pins on it

Somewhat related.

Attached: 1541462821942.gif (332x332, 2.57M)

Can I get oily but respectfully clever on my headstone?

its so fucking nightmare

When you are pushing down 24 pin connector to mobo

Delidding your 300$ Intel CPU for the first time.

TR uses LGA tho. I guess they'll move ryzen line to lga after am4.

>people were too stupid to connect even USB2 pins so they came up with this shit

Using my motorized home made fleshlight. After a few close calls I had to stop.

had to use a vice grip and the force of a thousand suns to remove the 24 pin from my motherboard.
same psu later 'sploded, fuck logisys

Try an AMD install anno 2000. Bring a crowbar.

it's not impossible to fuck up a pin or two

I literally pulled the fucking plastic cover off the mobo trying to get this motherfucker out.

After prying the plastic cover off the connector with a screwdriver (pliers didn't work), I figured out it was designed never to be unplugged.

This is not hard to do... i feel sad for you OP... let me know how your Autism goes :(

Yeah, lets use the most uncomfortable hard plastic pointy piece of shit possible to design this hog of a connector

I was about 99% convinced I broke something when I put these damn things in. They made all kinds of crunchy noises.
Requires the strength of an ape to get them in and it's especially nerve wracking when your computer doesn't recognize all of the sticks.
Turns out that you need to push them in even harder.

Fuck this thing in particular.