I get why you guys hate this distro so much

I get why you guys hate this distro so much.
Linux doesn't feel right if it just werks.
You boot this shit up and everything's literally perfect. No tinkering no fun.

Attached: Hgsx.png (744x1052, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.manjaro.org/t/stable-update-2019-01-23-kernels-mesa-browsers-nvidia-deepin-virtualbox/72986/3
twitter.com/irish_za
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Dies to a fart in the wind for no reason, no firewall, based on arch but not arch, also fuck arch, octopi a shit, they couldn't keep their ssl cert. Fuck your baby distro and fuck arch.

Attached: 1535780073556.jpg (747x753, 72K)

>octopi
I use pamac on KDE. It's not like your gonna survive without GTK apps.
>dies
this is how we know you never ran it.

>every other boot it kernel panics, after one week it ate itself, it did this twice, both on a laptop and a test machine.
Take your garbage somewhere else.

Manjaro i3 is literally perfect. Why use anything else?

And so is Fedora 29 with KDE [spoiler] pls don't bully me [/spoiler]

no AUR

Fedora is pretty trashy desu. I'd rather use mint even

>tfw been dual booting W10 and Manjaro (KDE on laptop, Budgie on desktop) for months now without a single hitch

The fuck are you doing? Are you fucking with some config that doesn't require being fucked with or what?

Nope, fresh install plus normal updates, your favorite distro is shit and so are you.

Imagine being too dumb for manjaro

Imagine defending a shit distro, arch doesnt have this problem and I dont even like arch.

Attached: 1547587740470.jpg (610x625, 81K)

It managed to break on my thinkpad x240 within a day of install and doing nothing but browsing the internet

Arch is already shitty enough by itself.

Never had any issues in months running as main OS with KDE on my shitposting Thinkpad. Literally more stable than Ubuntu for me.

Try getting webkit on it you nigger.
The fact that you need to compile everything is bs especially for big stuff, and a complete waste of time. The official repo is irrelevant.

I don't know, this distro broke to me in under one week. I used arch for months and never had a single issue in updating. I just use Debian now, no bad surprises after I wake up, it just works.

Try Windows if you are sick of the Linux shitshow

Gentoo dwm. Or Arch dwm.
>used arch for months and never had a single issue in updating
Yeah what a shitshow, let's switch to an OS with ads in it instead.

Install Gentoo.

>dwm
Fuck off with your purposely crippled suckass garbage.

>fewer than 2000 lines of code
>minimal, efficient, practical
>distraction-free, perfect for productive people with no problem writing a clean config file, applying patches, and building a small and sweet package

Attached: __mordred_and_mordred_fate_apocrypha_and_etc_drawn_by_tonee__5d8e3eb858e3d770274053a7fdf0c62b.jpg (1066x1874, 171K)

Manjaro Xfce works fine on my shitty Acer too. Admittedly it's babby's fist distro but I'm happy enough with it. Really makes you wonder what exactly makes it die for so many people

forum.manjaro.org/t/stable-update-2019-01-23-kernels-mesa-browsers-nvidia-deepin-virtualbox/72986/3
>Stable update!
>But you need manually to downgrade packages if you don't want a broken system

I woke up in the morning, noticed new updates, checked forums, updated via octopi, and had no issues at all with no manual intervention needed. I think that only applies to some people where for some reason it was necessary to downgrade systemd. And even then you only need to run a single pacman -Syyuu command.

dwm is workaround after workaround after workaround to replicate what other window managers give you out of the box.
Don't even attempt to deny it.

>no AUR
AUR is for faggots who don't know how to compile from source.

Maybe I would if you attempted to justify this claim.

Arch is shit and manjaro is shitter.

It's also for faggots who enjoy upgrading packages not provided by their distro easily. How do you deal with that, manually check each project's webpage for new versions?

Yeah, I love maintaining my own spreadsheet of packages and their source destinations, which I manually check every now and then in case there are any updates, so I can happily compile it again like the absolute spastic I am.

Show me an example of a dwm setup that looks and works nothing like any other wm.

I did a system update last evening and everything crashed. It says libidn.so.2 not found and goes to emergency shell. How to fix this?

1) check on the web if there's any answers to your question
2) ask in their forums
3) Install something that doesn't break with a fart in the air(Debian, Fedora, Slackware, etc)

Is there any difference between Manjaro and just following the Arch guide like an NPC?

why is Fedora crap though?

Thank you for the answer.
I booted from LiveCD ubuntu and ran pacman -S systemd. Now everything works. So if it was problem with systemd, may be this is not disto fault.
(Or distro fault is using systemd)

uses gnome which requires systemd

Aside from SystemD and Gnome 3, what else is wrong with it?

You can use Spins to change the DE, not the SystemD though

Alright guys, I need your help. someone on twit posted a vid of a woman beating an infant and then trying to smother it. I looked at the push script and got nowhere.
All I know is they used snappy and a VPN and it originated in west EU. can you guys help find these fucks? This was the original poster twitter.com/irish_za

>it broke on its own, i didn't do anything! i swear i'm not making up bullshit to discredit it!

Attached: 1528661944291.jpg (835x476, 34K)

Why would it need to? It does exactly what it aims to, with good code, without any bells and whistles. Perfect for my needs.

Probably my favorite Linux experience, if I'm being honest. It's the rolling release equivalent of ubuntu (which I hate because all but one dist-upgrade broke my system everytime)

I was gonna switch back to Artix, but forgot it doesn't have broadcom-wl packaged with it, so I went back to Manjaro + Budgie and it just werks. I wish the guy kept maintaining the openRC fork of it instead of making Artix imho,

Attached: 1539738680469.jpg (848x1199, 117K)

Manjaro's repositories are held back a few days, so updates can take a day or so to confirm the stability. Doesn't always work, but I prefer it since I like to get all my updates at once rather than updating a package or two daily.

Never really had an update break anything except when openRC was discontinued and I didn't realize

so just install broadcom-wl

I can never get wireless tethering to work with my phone, and I didn't really feel like dealing with an offline installation of it.