So there's nothing you can do with this besides play Super Mario Bros?

So there's nothing you can do with this besides play Super Mario Bros?

Attached: c67f97f6f1d451350773502433580bca.jpg (1920x1080, 1.3M)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ-Fmb74WKg
obsolescence.wixsite.com/obsolescence/pidp-8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You can play TempleOS in it, and entertain God

>It was created by American programmer Terry A. Davis, who developed it alone over the course of a decade after a series of episodes that he later described as a revelation from God.
Holy shit rofl

Where have you been in the last couple of years?!

Attached: angery.jpg (215x234, 4K)

Must be new here

Bro I'm gonna be honest I thought he was just some Archlinux or other distro nerd like the fat dude. Never put any thought into him since he's posted so much.

You can also play Sonic Spinball

I'm glad to be able to share God's work with someone, you should research about him a bit, quite a dude

Attached: images.png (579x418, 22K)

Back in my day we had Time Cube
I don't see anything special in retropie, can it actually run N64/PSX/2 on up games?

>it can't do anything besides play games
why user, its my seedbox

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-01-23 at 6.49.55 PM.png (1116x378, 100K)

What's the point of hosting your own seedbox?
Isn't the whole point it's an offsite server you can't get blamed for?

Use it as a server no?

the point is to have a server that is on 24/7 to seed shit

Leave

Ive seen people making piholes a lot lately.

Didn't Terry program it for the amd64 architecture only? Afaik Raspberry uses the ARM architecture instead.

>I don't see anything special in retropie, can it actually run N64/PSX/2 on up games?
Yes to some/Yes/HA

A schizophrenic homeless man screaming into the night

You can emulate amd64 with qemu. Given that TempleOS is basically an 80s microcomputer OS clone with a C-like language instead of BASIC it should run fine but I haven't actually tried.

Can it emulate Micro WinXP in qemu?
Can it run DE and webbrowser?

pi hole

I use it as a media player with osmc, Yoda and rd. It is basically free Netflix.

raspberry pi is an underpowered piece of junk made to keep hyperactive kids busy

It's a full 64-bit RISC computer with Ethernet, WLAN, Bluetooth, 1GB of memory and as much storage as you can connect to the USB ports. If you can't find something to do with it that speaks more to your own lack of creativity.

Attached: 1541748747257.png (378x370, 120K)

>been out for years now
>entirety of nerds are so lacking in creativity nothing good has been made

Yeah, pretty much. S o y males can't find any use for a perfectly good RISC computer because they're low test, braindead apes. I use mine as a desktop computer. I'm shitposting from it now.

>people lack creativity
>I installed a desktop operating system on a computer
u wot

run a runescape bot on it

Read my post again and again until you get it, brain dead ape.

Nice bait pal

I use mine to hook an old Dreamcast up online.

Pi3 is pathetically slow and shit

At work, we use a Pi Zero W connected to an old hard drive as a server. Our work files are generally 10kb-60kb, so at $40 for all the needed parts, it's perfect for our needs.

yeah, basically. It's too slow to be used like other SBCs, it's less versatile than a Cortex-M demo board, and it's far less powerful than even a basic FPGA kit.

Thanks for sharing. I've been wondering what temple is is. How can I get in contact with the creator

You can either pray to him or ask the oracle.

Works pretty well as an sdr server.

I wish somebody would slap together one of these pocket boards but give it an actual SATA controller or something. I'd like to use one as a file server, I don't need BLAZING speeds or anything but it defeats the point of saving money if I have to buy USB enclosures for all my hard drives

Pretty good troll desu

IRC client, proxy, hidden server on public network, (small) NAS, network-wide cron jobs, electronics controller there are more uses than drops of water in a jug mate

If you're not creative or technical? No.

It will run some data collection from sensors or run a slow-ass NAS. Interpreting that data and making decisions based on it can already be too much for the thing to do quickly. So it's really not much good.

Get a better SBC if you need any more typical computing done.

That's what I use it for now. I used to have it act as a TOR relay which it did fine as but my IP address constantly changes and it pissed me off after a while so I quit.

basically... yeah

Can I set it tob simply send data and let the end device process it?

Oh! You can hook up a camera to it easily and do time lapse photography of a plant growing or something quite easily and cheap!

Yea, that can work to an extent.

OTOH even for that - it's not like it's got an ideal power consumption to bandwidth ratio. It's just easy to get your hands on.

many cameras have time-lapse features built in. even the iPhone does

You can kinda do this with any decent camera and/or smartphone anyhow.

Actually you can even do it with not terribly decent sub $100 "sports cameras".

Ok but this doesn't allow you to feel like a l33t h@x0r

Good luck with your bottle necked ethernet

Stream my steam games to my big tv.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ-Fmb74WKg

I have no idea why you would get a pi when used laptops end up being the same price and waaay too powerful for the projects you'd do on a pi anyways

Friend has a neogeo and snes emu set up on one, it's pretty neat.

obsolescence.wixsite.com/obsolescence/pidp-8
The coolest use for a PI I've ever seen.

Attached: pidp8.jpg (1024x703, 180K)

-pi-hole
-robotics
-wardriving
-your own router/hardware firewall
-cheap ass computer that can run linux/BSD
-homebrew tablet (with a touch display)
-homebrew laptop
And the list goes on.

>used laptops have GPIO pins

retard

it's not cheap when you have to get all the other peripherals. the pi is really for hobbyists

You have all the computing power ever needed by any man woman or child and you are basically asking, "so I can run Super Mario on this right?"

Why are you wasting our time like this? There are unlimited possibilities for that machine you hold in your hand.

OP, you're a faggot. As always.

There's plenty with SATA's, they're just not cheap or have anywhere near the hardware support. Banana Pi was an example, and I think people kept having speed issues over gigabit, and kernel/driver issues here and there.

I blame ARM chips, as good as they may be, 99% of makers do retarded shit with hardware and bios.

If you use a computer for anything less than a convenient C compiler you're doing it wrong.

There is nothing wrong with owning a Raspberry Pi. It's a damn good C compiler OP. Don't let these fucking idiots pretend they know more than you.

Jesus are we having this thread /again/?

Ok, things you can do with a Raspberry Pi:
Hifi audio server for bitperfect playback, without any mechanical noise from hard disk spins or fans. Look into Volumio for a prepackaged distro, or 24bit96.com for how to build it yourself from scratch.
Turn it into a docker server to store files and generally learn how both docker and networking work, always a useful skill.
Set up a personal internet facing server to learn security, have it host files or be a mail server as well
Install Pihole and have a network-wide adblocker that speeds up browsing
Turn it into a Tor exit node and/or a bridge for Tor connections to both learn how Tor works and secure yourself to a higher degree.
Use it as an IRC bot, or any kind of bot for that matter.
Turn it into a seedbox to always be seeding torrents for private trackers.
Plug in a camera and hide it somewhere for security (or to spy on roasties)
Hide it in a public place and scan for handshakes on wifi networks.
Use it as a general playground for new shit like distros (arch, gentoo) or possible alterations to distros you want to test run before applying to a more important device, if you lack a laptop for that already.

So what you're saying is you can put a C compiler on it? Yeah, that is what makes a machine.

For $20 just being able to put a C compiler on it makes it a good buy.

Stop being retarded. It's not a bing bing wahoo, it's an actual computer and it can operate as a computer is made to.

The goal of any machine is to run gcc or clang efficiently. C and C++ are the only languages that matter. This machine can even multithread a large C compilation.

It's good.

I think this is turning out to be the widest use of these boards. (I am including ADS-B boxes in this.)

It also has a bunch of GPIO pins so you can use it for robots and such if you want something less limited than Arduino.

>using an iPhone only for plant photography
Genius or troll

my third world connection is a bottleneck some magnitude greater, having a cheap low power transmission box is comfy af
I'm not the guy you were replying but I have one as well with a telegram bot running on it so it can add a torrent just messaging a magnet to it so my illiterate family can download shit

Can it automatically take a picture every 30 minutes for a month? Do you really want to dedicate a $1000 phone to this task?

Isn't it lacking a ethernet port? I am going to order myself a hdmi to vga because I don't have a hdmi monitor and I plan on ordering a RPI thinking between the 3 or the zero.

I just want a fucking case with enough space to fit a couple of 2.5" hdd, only a brand seems to make them and they seem shitty and expensive from the reviews

Yeeaaaah for that you'd probably have get some intel x64 stuff, like a network-boot/terminal box. By now I'm sure you could find ones with NVMe/M2 slots, but they're probably like $100 for the case, cpu, and power supply.

Ironically, the Western Digital MyCloud drives have a dual-core or better ARM chip, but they're typical OS/kernel locked bullshit that hard protects the system. I only know because I had access to a few enclosure after taking the drives (6 TB) and was looking up what I could do with em. No graphics chip, obviously, but for a niche-application there might be an NAS-type system that can be used with ssh.

Related, I have an MK802 II, which was one of the first tv sticks. It is also one of the only ones where you can insert a memory card and it will automatically boot from it with no kernel lockouts. Like fucking every later tv stick was locked out to fuck or just buggy with non-stock firmware

Different guy, two things:
1) The RPi 3's wifi is limited to 1-2 MBps. Casualty of hosting the wifi over serial. Don't know how the W's are.

2) Some HDMI to VGA adapters take a bit before they're ready, so you have to delay the RPi's start-up sequence. I don't remember if hdmi_boost was necessary (power increase), but I remember using a boot_delay of .2-.4 seconds, otherwise I'd get the wrong resolution (chip wasn't ready).

Also had to do an SD card overclock, because my Samsung, of all cards, wasn't stable at base clocks. System would just freeze a few minutes in.

On your first point.. That wouldn't really be a problem for me. On your second point.. so there's a delay at boot? I'm fine with that, not really an issue. I plan to use it as a headless server of some kind or another, probably for a pihole. On your third point.. what the hell is overclocking an SD card?? I'm gonna bing that right now

Attached: IMG_6379.jpg (3000x2000, 449K)

Second note is only because I ran into it. On first boot, the resolution was wrong, but when I'd reboot, the resolution would be correct. Odd bug, turns out that the adapter wasn't ready because of how fast the system boots, but doesn't lose power during reboot so it'll work as expected. Thinking again, I think it was a plain 2-4 seconds (not decimal). Not a significant delay, only affects the Pi going from a black screen to penguin+everything else.

For the memory card, most don't have issues, but if you have freezing, it's been suggested to try a slight overclock to the memory frequency. Don't know how it fixes it, but it did for me.

checked and redpilled

checkkked

Gonna order the ugreen from chinkland. is there such a thing as AS400 server for the raspberry pi?

well shit

>free terry
Did he go to jail? I thought he was dead

Welcome to Jow Forums. Now get out. (IHBT.)

I ran a $website archiver and a web server on a first-gen Pi.

>I thought he was dead
That's what the CIA wants you to believe, dumb sheeplet.

>reading this while installing TempleOS
God is real my dudes.

>There's nothing I can do with a cheap, network-capable computer excep play Super Mario Bros.
Git good

I use mine in my car for various computing needs on the go.

That's actually really cool user, thanks for sharing!

The thing's more powerful than Voyager 1 and 2 combined.

Quit pretending this amazing piece of technology has limitations.

Don't know.

where we're going there are NO limits

Try an OrangePi Zero. Not only SATA but m.SATA as well if you add the NAS board.
Works for me.

Read up and binge watch Terry's videos. At first you'll be interested, but then the sadness hits you. Videos like "Terry on reality" are pretty fucking sad to watch

how did you do that?

What about running openvpn on it?

It can be used as a floppy emulator / archiver with FDX68, or it can simulate a SCSI device with RaSCSI.

Attached: 6fZzecI.jpg (1536x2048, 1.03M)

RaSCSI can simulate any SCSI storage device, Hard Drives, CD, MO, SASI. It also allows for ethernet over SCSI with drivers on the client side.

Attached: OMfgtEz.jpg (1152x2048, 935K)

FDX68 can be connected to any 32 pin floppy port to act as an intelligent drive simulator, or it can be connected to an physical floppy drive for dumping or recording images to physical media.

Attached: DauizCAU8AA4qzg.jpg (1200x900, 200K)

what about it?
it will run, but the problem is with your network and how its setup.

media and/or backup server

here it is connected to a standard TEAC FD-55

Attached: DvEjoSiVsAgClnM.jpg (1200x900, 209K)

I use mine as a cheap network share/media server.
It's literally velcrowed to the back of my tv lol.

Besides that, there's not much real-world use for them.

I want to have my main computer go through my raspberry pi openvpn server. Is this possible?