Would anyone recommend a VA panel for 60fps gaming ?

I'm sick of the IPS glow and gray blacks.

Attached: a-mvavss-ips2.jpg (740x282, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcmonitors.info/articles/factors-affecting-pc-monitor-responsiveness/#Response_time
youtube.com/watch?v=1W9q3ZZdAqo
youtube.com/watch?v=qWZWOJRdBWg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Then pony up the dough and buy a proper OLED or something, you picky asshole

The fuck else do you want us to tell you?

va has terrible ghosting

>va has terrible ghosting
>The fuck else do you want us to tell you?

There are monitors that claim 4ms response. I'm asking if someone is actually using one, jesus.

I feel like there's a lot of variance in panel types now. TNs becoming more comparable to IPS, IPS more comparable to TN and VA more comparable to IPS. It's all going to be about individual panels and their attached hardware, more importantly how well binned they are through the partners shipping to retail. Amazon has tons of monitors that people have received with numerous defects like dead pixel blots and debris in the panel or under the screen.

As a general rule, yes, VA is going to ghost because it has poorer response times than IPS or TN, but I'm sure there are exceptional monitors that break that trend. You'll probably pay a hefty sum for a VA panel that comes close to paralleling IPS performance, and it probably won't match it still.

Response times aren't standardized, so those are as good as dogshit in practice.

pcmonitors.info/articles/factors-affecting-pc-monitor-responsiveness/#Response_time

I'm using VA on NU8000 for gaming and it's absolutely fine, even at 120Hz.

Yes.

Oh and by thy way, if you live in any country worth living in, you can return the product within 14 days or so if you don't like it. I very much suggest you order TWO different monitors with somewhat different specifications and return one or both.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-01-12-15-56-26-255_com.android.chrome.jpg (1080x1721, 284K)

>As a general rule
good ol Jow Forums, everyone likes to flex their tech knowledge and saying nothing at the end. I am asking IF SOMEONE IS ACHUTEUALLY USING ONE.

For me it's TN all the way, the big advantage of the IPS panel that's viewing angles means nothing since I'm a normal human being that look at the monitor head one. But I would like to try something for a change. I really like the idea of playing Dark Souls 3 with good contrast.

some monitor ideas.
youtube.com/watch?v=1W9q3ZZdAqo
youtube.com/watch?v=qWZWOJRdBWg

Yeah as a general rule you fuckwit, as in most VA panels you buy are going to follow the typical VA trend of poor MPRT, and thusly will be bad at gaming. The general rule as in you'll need to look for more costly panels to find something as performant as an IPS display at a lower price point.

Work on your reading comprehension idiot.

TV VAs are basically like 6 years ahead of monitors. The fact that OLED TVs have been around for around that long should tell you even LCD TVs must have advanced in that time, whereas monitors stagnated years ago.

In other news Samsung started producing 15.6" OLED panels and may be making larger panels for monitors. Hope we see something soon

Fagget

If it helps any I'm using an X900E VA panel TV as a monitor and I can honestly say the motion is better than my previous VA which was a BenQ 1080p 60Hz panel
It all depends on the panel really, don't let a general rule dictate what you should buy, individual model reviews mean alot more than a general rule

> buying a 60 Hz display even again in the Year of Our Lord, MMXIX

shiggy

>OLED
Surely you jest

i really hope so
I've been struck with this poor contrast tn panel for 6 years already, excellent performance of course but the contrast on black is a turn off

Pretty sure that has native 120hz refresh even if HDMI 2.0 can't support it for 4k. Naturally it'll have better refresh response

>BenQ 1080p 60Hz panel
can you remember the exact model ?

Why the fuck is there no good monitor technology without compromise

If you're rich there is - multiple OLED TVs.

Not that guy, I had 2 GW2255s and the ghosting was pretty horrible.

It was a BenQ GW2760HS I was using

Ghosting may be an issue for some but I think it's a good trade-off, it doesn't bother me that much. I don't know of any 60Hz VA that doesn't have ghosting.

>LGA flatron TN
>Nice colors
>Nice darks
>auto adjust brightness
>shitty viewing angles

The funniest thing about the IPS meme is that even TNs have better blacks.

I have a samsung va panel 24" curved screen monitor, it has 1ms response time and has 144hz refresh rate. I dont see any ghosting, it has really nice colors, and freesync as well. I can recommend it. Fg73 or whatever is the model

>it has 1ms response time
It most definitely does not.

Burn in

No

Yeah but I'd bet the Samsung oled are going to be 60hz as usual.

For some reason gaming laptops this year don't have high refresh rate 2560x1440 panels and that is annoying. 15.6 and 17.3 inch 1080p 144hz or even 240hz is still just too low dpi. If anyone knows any any please post link

it's gtg measurement, like most gaymen monitors
good, but not great

>lol just turn the brightness to 100%
why do people do this for comparisons?

Acer ET322QK

>15.6 and 17.3 inch 1080p 144hz or even 240hz is still just too low dpi.

That is higher DPI than both 2560x1440 at 24" and 27", you must be like one in a billion as I have never heard of anyone complain about PPI at these common resolution to size ratios.

1080p for a 15.6 or 17.3 is perfectly acceptable.

Alright, Jow Forums. You now have the power to standardise response times on panels, what do you do?

>just drop a ridiculous amount of money on something that will last you one year or less
we can't all pretend we're making 6 figures here buddy

markyass brownies and fortnite

>bugmen about to collapse
slowest growth in decades, thanks drumpf, fuck the bugmen
>india superpower by 2020
memes aside, they will overtake many countries as soon as they build millions of toilets thrmselves

Attached: winnieh.png (562x339, 32K)

M8 you've gotta be kidding me if you can't see the difference. I'm a boomer BTW. Hell 1080p on my 13" zenbook is barely enough.