Are you ready for this botnet to kill Linux and Android?

Fuchsia is coming

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-01-23 20-49-24.png (728x661, 235K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fuchsia.googlesource.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It will kill custom roms, for sure. The new license will allow hardware makes to not disponibilize their drivers the same way they do now.
Welcome back to Linux in the bad old days where the only devices supported where those that had been reverse engineered by the freetards themselves.

Sounds gay, no wonder they need a gay engineer to launch their gay OS

Fucking fuchsia fags

Purple + pink = fuchsia!! HAYYYYYYY

Why is the logo a hemorrhoid

Wintel wins again.

Attached: 1519364439978.png (679x680, 80K)

>microkernel
>ever working
That's funny. Also, when is Google gonna get slapped with antitrust laws?

Based Bill.
The hero we deserve.

Attached: 1519584666112.jpg (1248x706, 115K)

i did a double take when i saw the name of this piece of shit. what a faggot operating system.

Rose Behar the tranny

Fucking OSes, how do they work???

Fuchsia OS sounds faggot AF

"Engineer"
Does he have a degree in Engineering?
Or is he more like Dr. Dre?

Honestly yes I am ready for it. I just hope modern phones support it.

That's a terrible name and logo

Probably more like Dr. Mephisto

More like Dr.Gay lmao apple engineer

The problem with android isn't really linux, but the god awful battery draining/ram eater/poop fuelled java runtime.

This, if Fuschia starts taking hold in any way, shape, or form, I'm moving to Linux smartphones else none at all.

Android hasn't used JVM for half a decade you brain dead mong.

We don't even need more powerful phones. So we'll just stick with 8.0.

I’m a trash noob, what are theses Linux phones you’re talking about?

Windows is unironically free-er than Android.

Librem 5. By the time Fuchsia is even usuable (look up demos of it online, it's literally nothing) the Librem 5 will already have been released and probably have a successor.

>t. doesn't know what root or custom ROM means

Nobody in this thread seems to have seen Fuchsia in person yet. There are demos of it available online. Privacy concerns aside, it actually looks like shit.

You know fucking Windows 10 start menu, or Facebook, or Tumblr, or literally any "modern" website just shoves all your shit into one big wall that you have to scroll through to see everything? That's the style of Fuchsia and it really does look like shit.

Anons here's the code check it out

>can't just get the latest Android on 99% of phones, even with custom roms
It's a mess.

>download windows ISO
>install on any x86 PC
>LIFETIME support by microsoft

>download any poojeet ROM
>doesn't work on 99.99% of phones
>have to find 1 specific ROM out of 2875613 ROMs made specifically for your device
>unless it's a $900 flagship, it'll be maintained by a pajeet
>the pajeet fucked with anything and everything and broke the gps, accelerometer, and 4g
>drops the entire project in 2 months

Better start shilling it by then.

Is there a way to send and receive phone calls and SMS on Windows with a sim card and bypass Android entirely? Because I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Same. Surface Phone FUCKING WHEN?

I'm waiting every day. I was briefly excited for the Ockel Sirius, but no SIM card support and obviously Windows can't do phone calls and SMS (and as much as I hate both of those things I still need them periodically).

ART isn't really that differnt from a jvm. With Nougat they went full circle and we are back to a JIT compiler.

I think Microsoft cancelled the phone when Intel threatened to sue them for developing an x86 on ARM emulator. Fuck Intel.

Just another dead OS.
Windows for life.

>made by google
no thanks

Absolutely, and I would rather use Windows than Android.

This hasn't even been released yet and who knows if it will be. Not to mention the outdated hardware.

>LIFETIME support by Microsoft
Outed yourself right away. Bye. And yeah, big surprise devices with permanently locked bootloaders and no kernel source codes available don't have custom ROM support. Weird how that works. Shame these are shipped directly to you and you can't buy other devices.

Fuchsia is a kernel

Wrong.
Fuchsia is a platform for consuming content and viewing targeted ads.

There was nothing wrong with Windows 2000 Linux Mint dominates everything
Niggerlicious...

Well there is also postmarket if someone here has a build your own distro fetish.

We're excited to announce, 'Fuchsia', A Better and More Thoughtful Way to Introduce Your Favorite Ads.

Google and smartphones are a fucking joke.

Get a Nokia 3310 4G (2018). Smartphones are for pipshits, gaggot

I don't like the color of that logo. I suspect many will feel the same.
DOA.

Attached: 1525612508689.png (392x309, 180K)

Both are shit and have a shit implementation.
The fact that phones can get perma-bricked means they're beyond saving.

T-mobile probably loves it

>imagine being this wrong

Attached: 1519921445770.jpg (492x661, 105K)

>Purple + pink

scrapped

Attached: 1yq8ix.jpg (500x666, 151K)

>applel cuck must now "work" on the goolag littlekernel fork
hahahaha

>Linux and Android
Android IS Linux.

>god awful battery draining
install naptime
>ram eater
that is how cache is supposed to work

Fuschia doesn't aim for the desktop or mobile market. It's primary goal is to be an os designed for machine learning and TPU support

>Windows can't do phone calls and SMS
why? Ive seen laptops with SIM and 4G support.
>phones can get perma-bricked
that is more of a problem with ARM then anything else. ARM doesnt have a generic boot sequence like UEFI on x86.

thank you based Bill, the greatest autist of all time, the autist who achieved more than any Chad in capitalism, the arena of Chads and bullies

>ARM is the problem
Bingo. And there's currently no other alternative that works.

It will tank like Google Plus

> Wrong
Android is a DM for Mobile hardware that runs on TOP of Linux

> Fuchsia is coming
> mysterious
> Written in: C++, Dart, Go, Python, Rust, Swift
nothing mysterious about it. we already know it's going to be a bloated pile of overcomplicated garbage. you google drones are as bad as iTODDLERS.

It's going to be a worse flop than Windows on ARM unless they make it backwards compatible with all other Android apps. Which there's no point in doing, since they want a new platform. An Android runtime layer will be slow and shit just like with Sailfish OS.

> unless they make it backwards compatible with all other Android apps
Of course they would, slowly deprecating these applications over the next 10 years after the launch.

>It will kill custom roms, for sure. The new license will allow hardware makes to not disponibilize their drivers the same way they do now.

Will it really?
From what i seen Fucksya uses apache mit gpl and so on so it's flavors of FOSS.
Cant the freetards just make an Ungoogled fuchisa like they did with chromium?

> Cant the freetards just make an Ungoogled fuchisa
HW blobs, though.

So then what's the point of Fuschia? It's still gonna have all the drawbacks of Android when they port their dogshit userland for compatibility purposes. Linux was only ever used as the base for Android because it's small, lightweight, has good docs, and it's free to use.

chekt and kekt

>HW blobs, though.
that's the biggest problem with this shit. nobody knows what on earth is going on inside those blobs, nobody has access to source code, users are just supposed to trust google and OEMs (the least trustworthy organizations on the planet). I'm sure NSA would recommend this new OS. going by the amount of languages that supposedly are used to make it, the attack surface for this OS is looking quite massive.

>HW blobs, though.
Explain, i'm stupid. Can't you just take theirs?

All I'm concerned about is that google will try and create ecosystem in which it is impossible to use Adblocks and software outside of Play Store.

>Chromium almost killed all other browsers
>Now they are posed to change API making adblocking difficult or impossible
Good thing FF stil exist in some shape or form

Will the freetards be able to modify Fuchisa or make third party software for it that blocks ads?

Dude the NSA has a small computer inside your computer that controls your computer.

Just forget it that battle is lost.

All I care about at this point is ad-free experience.

Yes, but a Linux distro just needs to run Linux.

>LIFETIME support by microsoft
Tick tock Poojet, Windows 7 support is ending soon.

I'm getting closer to the point where I just throw a shitty raspi + gps + gsm module together (and a 20000mAh battery for shit & giggles). How bad an idea would this really be?

>Kernel is C++

Attached: vomit.jpg (650x650, 90K)

should rewrite in Rust to get total rainbow status

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Fuchsia, is in fact, Android/Fuchsia, or as I've recently taken to calling it, a shitty copy of Android. Fuchsia is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another locked component of a fully functioning ad platform made useful by the bloatware, spyware and vital blob components comprising a full ad platform as defined by Google.

Many mobile users run a modified version of the Android system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of Android which is widely used today is often called "Fuchsia", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the Android system, developed by Google diversity hires.

There really is an Android, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Android is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's data to the Google server farms that you send to. Android is an essential part of Fuchsia operating system, but useless by itself; it can only gather data in the context of a single smartphone. Android is normally used in combination with the Fuchsia operating system: the whole system is basically Android with Fuchsia added, or Android/Fuchsia. All the so-called "Fuchsia" distributions are really distributions of Android/Fuchsia.

Attached: 1546434877881.jpg (640x633, 140K)

Better use void * everywhere, amirite?

How do phones work on a logical level, are they essentially a generic platform with a collection of plugnplay pci and usb devices like a laptop?

Attached: image.php.jpg (650x365, 178K)

A miserable little pile of secrets.

Not really. There's no de-facto standard similar to "IBM PC compatible" available for the infrastructure built around the CPU instruction set, everything is highly dependent at least on the chipset that's used, down to the bootloader which usually has to bootstrap an operating system "from scratch" due to lack of an existing firmware interface (such as BIOS/EFI or Open Firmware) at boot time.

At least on ARM, there's the pretty common AMBA bus for interconnecting all the chips on a board, which is roughly equivalent to HT/QPI + PCI Express on a x86 PC.

>I'm moving to Linux smartphones

Attached: 1520431762397.jpg (499x500, 151K)

Are they trying to create Skynet?

>Fuchsia
This kills the Android.

Besides more botnet in your botnet, wrapped in botnet with botnet on top the main reason you guys don't like is because not linux, which Android really isn't anyway. Having the option of not being controlled is against Google's business model, resistance is futile, unless you actually do something.

>Kill linux
never
>Kill android
perhaps
>Kill windows
We can only dream.

Attached: lily.png (391x504, 203K)

why would they call it something else when Android has so much mindshare its fucking stupid on googles part

Google is fucking retarded when it comes to its mobile and operating system strategy, should be obvious by now

I hope it kills Windows 10

Most likely
/thread

i'm fucking hyped for a microkernel based os

Attached: VdwFDvh.jpg (1000x1500, 322K)

Eh, still gonna take a couple years before it kills of Android, and by then they may not even think it's a good idea anymore

>anything that has libre in its name
>good
kek

>was about to post this

this will never make it to consumer phones. google will axe it before that I guarantee it

The only part that's really standardized is the baseband chip (which is a botnet).

Outdated hardware is better than completely locked down hardware.

Why not use javascript for the kernel? Then they can launch "How to code a kernel" bootcamps.