Leaving the WWW

theminimalists.com/internet/

I'm considering going netless. I would just keep my email and bank app on my phone since institutions require those, and delete everything else. It's not even real internet since it's across the cellphone network. 21st century "dial up" lol. I've been on Ubuntu for years now, and that's killed my gaming habit dead.

I've just started to realize that it's gradually been used to replace meatspace things because it's free or almost free. This has gradually happened to so many people in the post-Great Recession world. Go out with friends? Forget it. You can just say hi to them on Discord. Actually go out and try to meet women? Forget it. Just get teased by women on dating apps who string you along and then use you. Go outside and play sports? Forget it. Just stay inside and play fake (e)sports against people who don't even speak English who you will never meet. Get involved in local politics? Why bother when you can LARP as a communist or Nazi on plebbit or Jow Forums? I've noticed that there are days where I say fewer than 250 words to people, and write hundreds or thousands of words to people I will never meet on the WWW.

I never used to be this way, but the longer you stay a student, the broker you get. To put it simply, sending an email is thousands of times cheaper than sending a piece of snail mail. We were all told that the web would save us time, paper, and money, but it's just de-materializing our social lives the way Wal-Mart and Amazon de-materialized Main Street. I'm a cave man, so I don't want to masturbate to Anime, I want to make Anime real, and fuck it.

Jow Forums is probably the worst offender, since you have [inane] conversations here that you can't have in real life, because you would become a social outcast, fired, punched, or run out of town for talking about your custom made, tempered glass, guinea-pig fursona, young Adolf Hitler Dragon Dildos. It's a simulacrum of the simulacrum, and it's not good for your brain

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (500x300, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fiaWsgtJrNI
youtube.com/watch?v=fSQgCy_iIcc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Even if you do that you'll still be by yourself, you have to convince everyone else to do it too or else you'll just be a wierdo with no friends

#1 indication of being unable to cope: swinging between extremes.
Just spend more time outside.

you refer to yourself too often, you're not gonna make it without an outlet for that

this just learn to switch off op, for fuck sake

you sound like every other faggot that's looking for a scapegoat because life didn't turn out exactly as planned

the internet has nothing to do with it, there were plenty of shut ins before it

What's extreme about not using the web? I lived that way for the first 10 years of my life.
I'm not a shut in. I went on a date tonight. Project harder, faggot.

Attached: projection.jpg (639x439, 20K)

>I lived that way for the first 10 years of my life
yes but now that you're 15, you're old enough to realize it's part of everyday life, necessary even

>I went on a date tonight
ok

>What's extreme about not using the web?
It's the most useful way of doing nearly everything in modern life, and you're just throwing the baby out with the bathwater because you want a quick-fix extremist solution instead of something sensible

Posting thread soundtrack.
youtube.com/watch?v=fiaWsgtJrNI
Deceleration is a dead end. Local politics, like all politics, is inane. Embrace the future or become irrelevant. Also, lol at
>It's not even real internet since it's across the cellphone network.

>#1 indication of being unable to cope: swinging between extremes.
This is really good point.

You won't last a week faggot

The psychological consequences the internet has caused have been devastating on society, although modernity has done that in general

Attached: always here.png (500x397, 86K)

Attached: TED.png (556x773, 312K)

Based and accelerationpilled

Attached: 1532829185352 (1).jpg (1200x758, 268K)

Leaving the internet means leaving 1,000,000,000 books.

Why would you not want knowledge?
The internet is vast with knowledge.
You can't comprehend this because you are too busy with twitter, facebook, netflix, Jow Forums etc etc

You aren't looking in the right places, talking to the right people online.

Books are bloat
Teachers are bloat
Uni is bloat

The internet is minimal.
That cuck who wrote the article can't handle the internet. Good thing he left.

>It's not even real internet since it's across the cellphone network. 21st century "dial up" lol.
Its every bit as much internet as anything else. LTE is pretty fast. This isn't some data call nonsense, it's an always-on packet switched network.
>I've been on Ubuntu for years now, and that's killed my gaming habit dead
More games are adding Linux support, and Valve is bringing support for many Windows only games through Proton.

Everything good is paywalled. You're just arguing that you should make Jeff Bezos even richer. All the Internet has done is create a few billionaires while destroying entire industries (Blockbuster, phone books, taxis) and millions of jobs. The worst part is that the Internet creates inferior products that don't even work as well as the things they replace, but because they are "free", billions of customers use them, and the network effects compensate for the low quality.

Also, what the fuck happened to Jow Forums? Richard Stallman is exactly like me. He uses the web for email and his personal website, and almost nothing else.

Attached: RMS.png (450x399, 293K)

>You're just arguing that you should make Jeff Bezos even richer

Nigger go suck a nigger anus. I dont like capitalism
youtube.com/watch?v=fSQgCy_iIcc

The modern day american economy is not capitalism brainlet
Imagine unironically thinking marx was right

>The modern day american economy is not capitalism brainlet

Which cannabis strain are you smoking?

>Close this world.
>Open the next

Nice blog post Jeffrey, we all want to know about your decision to use internet or not, your choices matter to use because we care.
You're a special boy Jeffrey, never forget that.