Firefox will fuck uBlock Origin too

They're collaborating with Google on Manifest v3. There's no escape.
>blog.mozilla.org/addons/2018/10/26/firefox-chrome-and-the-future-of-trustworthy-extensions/
Mozilla dev already defending it. Gorhill calls him out.
>reddit.com/r/firefox/comments/aithmh/raymond_hill_creator_of_ublock_origin_ubo_and/eerce78/?context=3

Attached: 1548169860855.jpg (500x430, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ghacks.net/2019/01/21/basilisk-browser-drops-webextension-support/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it was a nice run, internet

>not downloading all plugins manually before you install them

>Laughs in Waterfox

Attached: RcAhC6Ag.png (512x512, 55K)

No king rules forever. Time for the next generation.

Attached: netscape-navigator-loading-screen.png (1000x1500, 688K)

>mozilla devs are jewgle plants
color me surprised

Hopefully firefox and chromium forks gonna step up their game or ideally a completely new browser that respect their user going to be made, more likely the former.

Nice reading comprehension and/or FUD.

what the actual FUCK is wrong with mozilla? How many times can they fuck up before they realize their sinking market share is primarily due to their own seemingly arbitrary design decisions. Actually, calling them arbitrary is still giving them too much credit. It would be more accurate to say that they have intentionally made the anti-user choice at every point they've had the option of making any decision.

>Cliqz experiment
>Mr. Robot Looking Glass
>getting emailed about some gay concert
>ads in newtab page
>forced pocket integration
>killing all XUL extensions and not helping to port over some major ones
>Continual removal of features
>Now potentially killing off ublock origin and umatrix

Attached: 1502568717296.png (781x739, 595K)

Guys, this is a good thing. If adblocking becomes harder/less effective normies will stop using it. This means those of us willing to use a fork supporting proper adblocking will be the only ones using it.
Normies will go back to subsidizing us with their clicks, and companies will be less incentivized to find ways around adblockers.

Fuck off merchant

That's still shit because it would allow the internet to continue to exist in it's current state in which everything is built around/for the sake of advertisements.
Fuck rolling over and letting it happen, we should be writing malware that forcibly installs ad-blockers in normalfags' web browsers just to fuck with the corporations that have turned the internet into a shithole.

thereisnogod.fuck

Attached: 1547959762175.jpg (1024x963, 112K)

all you're going to accomplish by doing that is paywalling any and all in demand content.

>reddit
lol

Good

>j-just use f-firefox, l-lads!
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Relying on forks is silly. A non-mozilla organization needs to take over Firefox.

Hope Eich takes over Firefox again before this happens.

>we should be writing malware that forcibly installs ad-blockers in normalfags' web browsers
Your ideas are too good for this world but too dangerous to commit.

Mozilla is determined to make every fuckup Google makes, because tech companies copy each other like retards.

Based gorhill

Fuuuuuuck

Eich has already made his new chromium-based browser that mines bitcoins on your machine and then "pays content creators" except that it anonymizes the payments, so when content creators don't use his shit, he just keeps the money because there's no way to return it. He was lucky with Firefox in my opinion.

And who will buy it? The only reason these companies make any money at all is because the end consumer doesn't see themselves as paying for the product being pushed. The moment you simplify the transaction and ask for credit card info is the moment that 99.9% of the new web dies.
>b-but we'll be sent back to the era of ugly personal blogs instead of slick corporate websites
Good. Pull the fucking plug.

Good

There should also be software, similar to AdNauseum, that feeds lies to Google Analytics.

people will buy it when there's no other choice. Just look at streaming music and tv/movies. People are more than willing to pay for shit if it's more convenient than any of the methods to get it for free.

>people will pay for stuff they want
Cool.

I jumped ship to Basilisk when it came out. No regrets.

ghacks.net/2019/01/21/basilisk-browser-drops-webextension-support/
what's even the point of it anymore?

Ad blocking is a moral imperative for everyone, including normies. Even if you block ads, behavioral tracking and analytics are almost impossible to escape now. If the ad money dries up, this kind of routine cyberstalking will stop too. We must strangle the online ad industry to death in order to guarantee that outcome.

The XUL extensions still work.

Potential workaround: A helper app.
Downloads the css to block periodically from subscriptions. Saves it in a location readable by ublock. ublock then uses that.

how ironic that the legacy branch of those extensions will be the only ones still working

I dream of a world like that, user, but it'll never happen. Kill the ads and they'll just replace it with some worse, more aggressive invasion of privacy. Sure, we'll reject it at first. But then they'll rebrand it and try again, and again. Eventually we'll just roll over and let them do it because we're too desensitized to them trying twice a month to care anymore. Before you know it, we'll have to sit through a five-minute ad to boot windows, then another before launching any application. And people will tolerate this.

Are you sure it can't happen? When I saw the first demos of HoloLens, the first thing that occurred to me was that this would make a fantastic IRL adblocker. Imagine AR glasses you could buy in the store that would blank out every billboard you walked past without any setup or configuration. I don't think it's impossible to make truly effective and universal adblocking accessible to normies.

To me the worst thing about ads is still that I have to see them. I use ublock to block all sorts of annoyances, from subscription lightwindows to youtube+news comments to cookie+gdpr notifications.

Install falkon

the only thing that makes any sense is that the top people have been bought out by Google and they are slowly destroying their own browser

I told you Firefox was dead the minute Soros got involved

which version should be forked?
maybe they should go a ways back, before the quantum engine broke all the user extensions
I have a feeling that if Firefox was forked today it wouldn't have a market

basilisk is already a fork that can use webextensions.

It should not be forked, another organization should take it over. Similar to how Mozilla existed in the first place with the remains of Netscape.

I don't get what the big fuss is all about? Is this another reddit-tier dramajerk about something that won't have much effect on anyone?

how about you read the damn thread?

Nice try Zuck

Based and redpilled, this is the way

Attached: 43091235-F042-4589-859D-0906F0EFBE29.jpg (350x350, 26K)

Could I write a program that intercepts and modifies peoples traffic to the google botnet? As in, change which ads are directed at them via altering what google thinks they’re looking at? How would one go about doing this i wonder

if it was a reddit meme tier circle jerk every subreddit would have a sticky about net neutrality.

desu I don't get why people use ublock.

Firefox has built in content blocking which is way faster anyway and won't be affected by the switch since it is implemented in C

How about a thread should start with valuable information instead of two links to websites I don't want to visit.
Only thing I understand is that jewgle and cuckzila are attacking ad-blockers and that uBlock Origin is the quasi target.

You can't really intercept and modify peoples' Web traffic, because that would be exactly the kind of man-in-the-middle attack that HTTPS is designed to prevent. But if you were an ISP, you could block connections to IP addresses and domains that are known to host ads.

Well Firefox trying to put ads straight into their browser.

Also remember that the mozilla foundation gets most of their money from google. google pays them to be the default search engine. Any organization tends to act in the interests of whoever is paying.

Even if I got into their network or RAT’d them? I mean I guess with a RAT i could just move their cursor to change the traffic but I was hoping for a solution less obvious. Hmmmm. Thanks for the input user

it's a tough situation though. No one is going to build a competitive browser engine from scratch without any compensation for it, and one of the only ways to be compensated is to get paid for default search engine. What other choice does mozilla even have?

>Its only going to get worse.
I keep saying it because its true.

The main issue but definitely not the only is javascript. For normal things you'll need a normal browser but everyday a fork/build with minimal modification to the rendering engine but javascript and friends completely removed along with the other annoyances disabled. All of the API for Dom would still be there so maybe python to modify/block/script pages and fix them up but never allow from the page/internet itself. Don't render iframes, script, etc. and kill webfonts maybe. Basically let them do al the work on rendering, rip some code out, add a little Just rambling but still javascript must die!

Even normies deserve adblok, ads are cancer.

>No one is going to build a competitive browser engine from scratch without any compensation for it
Well one there are plenty of free-software projects that aren't run on such a... revenue-forward basis. Second you don't need to build it from scratch, we have one already. Fork it. There's already a precedent for this, it's why LibreOffice forked off when OpenOffice came under Oracle's control.

Yep, and another tripfag replying.
You're a moron,

Looks like I might have to just maintain my own chromium fork if this shit goes through as is.

safari is our last hope

I want to know this thread what do you care made about privacy (i.e. being untraceable) or not being able to see the ads? and yes there is a legitimate difference

Good. Hopefully someone will invest a good method of microtransactions so you can pay small amounts of money for the content you consume.

It uses the same api and even worse than Firefox is webkit based so no chance with that

Your dad is a moron for not having used a condom, you're enabling the niggers who are turning Jow Forums(qnel) into reddit. Starting threads by posting links is literally what reddit was made for, chans are for discussions, conversations, having fun by baiting tards, generally just fucking with people and joking around, not sharing articles found on other websites.

ads are often malicious and spyware so there is not much of a difference really

idc about ads I just don't want Google etc to build a profile of me

> reading is hard

yes there is a huge difference. Privacy and security are not the same in any way I don't get how people don't get this.

I care about both, but I care about privacy more. However ads are the source of funding for privacy-invading technology, so by blocking ads you can deprive data brokers of money.

LOL, just by existing on the internet a profile is being built of you retard.

You don't get it.

Mozilla was bought out by people who don't want you to block ads on the internet. This is all part of a long-term strategy to shove ads you don't want to see, down your throat.

Mozilla is crippling firefox ON PURPOSE
Google is crippling chrome ON PURPOSE

Ads are so cancerous that normies will actually take the time to install adblockers or figure out how to install them.

Nobody likes or wants to see ads. In fact the world would be a much better place if every single advertiser were found dead tomorrow morning.

>normies will actually take the time to install adblockers or figure out how to install them
not true at all. most normalfags I see in my classes are using macbooks with either safari or chrome without any kind of adblock. And even the ones that do have some kind of adblock usually have ABP.

it comes from those net nanny faggots. claiming running their shit will save the kids.

Attached: dgbwellawarenetlwpropoganda.jpg (1016x1563, 749K)

goodbye javascript welcome webassembly

>install noscript
>all google domains are unblocked by default
how do i escape the jew?

They can block it from their end, but you can actually installed it but have to downloaded externaly from ublock's main webpage or Github repository.

some years ago i installed adblocing software to my sisters laptop but she always disabled it after i enabled it :D

>netnanny wellaware

Attached: dgbprofile.png (1450x835, 332K)

Not seeing how this fucks uBlock.

i want to get out of this hell now

I just want to block ads. I give up trying to defeat the botnet a long time ago.

No! That's the issue, any kind of scripting needs to be removed but you're right, that's the path. The road to bonet.

Literally the only downside is it was made by a furry.

Attached: Pale_moon_logo_256.png (256x256, 79K)

It's not bitcoins and you have to go out of your way to enable BAT. But good thing you got your obligatory shitpost in.

Did you even read the chromium issue discussion?

"User Agent"
Except the "user" is your browser vendor and you are the one being used.

Fuck off bootlicker faggot

no extensions

werks on my machine

Attached: Untitled.png (95x27, 2K)

>Hey guys, spoonfed me 50 replies before mine
>But I'm not even going to bother opening the two links posted
Yet another confirmation that every tripfriend deserves to be filtered. Goodbye.

umatrix?
https everywhere?
decentraleyes?
bypass paywall?

Google is one step ahead, blocking googles ad servers in my hosts file makes the google maps NOT load crisp images. They are relaying map traffic to their ad servers.

Attached: 1547054681325.jpg (680x709, 113K)

His being a furry doesn't bother me, what bothers me is his retardation about "ORIGINUL SOFTWARE DONUT STEEL". His shit about redistribution is why a lot of distros won't package it.

The problem with Brave is that that shit exists at all. There shouldn't be any kind of mechanism in the browser for replacing some ads with different ads, or for enabling the monetizing of my browsing. I want a *USER* agent. I'm the user, the browser should be on my side, and it should actively interfere with attempts to show me advertising or extract money from me, not aid and abet them.

>The problem with Brave is that that shit exists at all. There shouldn't be any kind of mechanism in the browser for replacing some ads with different ads, or for enabling the monetizing of my browsing. I want a *USER* agent. I'm the user, the browser should be on my side, and it should actively interfere with attempts to show me advertising or extract money from me, not aid and abet them.
It's not really helping "the system" when their ad system isn't malicious, is open source and isn't opt-out by default.

>thought mozilla was only going to get worse after 36
>gets pozzed
>now they're trying to follow google
i don't even fucking understand anymore. how the fuck could you possibly ruin a browser that was good for a fucking decade and a half? now they're further pushing it into the ground before it turns 20.

Attached: 1429292288835.gif (480x480, 360K)

Eich is fired.

so you want to be fingerprinted more?
hey, you're glowing pretty fucking bright mate!