What's a good alternative to Microsoft Word and Open Office...

What's a good alternative to Microsoft Word and Open Office? I'm not a big fan of Open Office at all and I'm thinking about pirating Word instead. But is there anything else I should consider? I really just want something that's simple to use for my docs, with powerpoint and excel too.

Attached: 1547947423710.jpg (640x640, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wps.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Libre office
But seriously, pirate ms office.

Yeah I may just do that. Is MS Pro worth pirating? Also how does that work exactly, as far as pirating goes because does it not require you to sign in?

Office 365 requires you to sign in.
Some of the UWP "free" ones require you to haven account.

The one most piracy for MS Office/Wangblows works is that it connects to a server, verifies it and done.

365 is online only and is tied to your account. Office 20016/2019 is mostly serial key only. 2019 I think tries to get you to use the UWP version of One Note (do not use it) which is vastly inferior to the no longer supportred 2016 edition

This of course means you can sign into your account and use them if you wish but it's not needed

just bite the bullet and subscribe to office 365. If you are in college chances are your institution has licenses too.

Older versions of Office still work. I have a copy of Office 2010 on DVD that I installed onto Windows 10. Works fine.

>pay
no

Remember that OpenOffice is essentially abandoned and has been for years. Try a current LibreOffice (which was forked from OpenOffice by its most active devs) before doing anything else, its seen a lot of work the past few years.

awk, R and Emacs

this is why you need to use MS Office:
everyoe uses it so you need it too to read documents done by others

HOWEVER if you simply write stuff yourself and print it on paper, DO NOT use MS Office but instead choose from various other text authoring tools which are a lot better for the end user to use for simply writing great text documents

MS Office is SHIT but everyone uses it. IT IS NOT the best and most comfortable tool for creating a text document.

Thanks for letting me know, I hate pirating shit only to end up wasting my time. I'll try the 2016 PRO one out once I get the chance to download it and see.
Fuck no, and I go to a CC and I'm pretty sure they don't. They can't even be assed to install SQL on the lab computers.

I actually didn't know that. Thanks for the heads up.
That's what annoys me the most. I've tried avoiding MS office for as long as I could but it's too much of a hassle at this point.

WPS

wps.com/

mandatory TeX+R post

Just use google docs.

if you're not a paranoid fag then it's unironically great

Attached: clk666.png (645x645, 508K)

I've been using it my entire life pirated and I can sign in as well. The best part is that I also get new updates, LOL.

Office 2010 is the last one that just works with serial key.
2007 is very easy to find on internet.
Just lookup some msdn forum or something with list of version and their checksums.
Download from whatever and check if it's the same.

Office 2010 is my personal favorite, even if I end up missing some features of Office 2016 that I have at work. Office 2007 has my favorite aesthetics, but I mostly use a portable version of it when I need to use officer on some old PC

Attached: 1542617412054.gif (500x280, 884K)

R markdown

LaTeX

VIM /thread

I want roastieposters to leave