/dpt/ - Daily Programming Thread

What are you working on, Jow Forums?

Last thread

Attached: lain thread.png (504x504, 95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/p65Yt20pw0g?t=15m5s
youtube.com/watch?v=GzD-LqvDCwo
ariss.org/contact-the-iss.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

none of you will do anything in a real company just settle down and work for a hospital or a hotel or something you fucking faggot fucks

Lisp is the most powerful programming language.

thank you for using a lain image

Anything fun I can do with space related APIs?

Attached: 1276743680006.jpg (2274x1506, 833K)

get a ham radio ticket and communicate with the ISS

Can I talk to the astronauts?

int get넓이();
ah yes very enlightening

Why do so many people think it's acceptable to code in their native non-English languages? Or even different alphabets/writing systems? Korean and Japanese academics are the worst about this, half the time I look up the code associated with some publication it's not just the code comments (which is bad enough) but the actual code that looks like the example above.

Unicode was a mistake.

spotted the american

yes

Example for user earlier
It's natural to think of key-value pairs, but if you're doing a lookup, you'd much rather have just the keys on a cache line
Japanese is honorary English

Attached: AoS vs SoA.png (948x516, 12K)

I'm British.

You didn't need to post this twice

>it's even a cool program, but honestly what's it's objective? to form computer scientists with some game design notions?
i would guess as much. and artists with some game design notions as well, since there's the BA path too.
come to think of it, it seems kind of like it's something like this:
they want you to follow your dreams, because that's a huge part of what getting a higher education is about. so they teach you a bit about how to follow your dreams. i.e. they teach you the principles of game design.
but they also know, if you dream of being a game developer, then honestly your dreams are kind of bullshit and it's very rare for people to ever truly succeed or be happy in that field.
so they also take the opportunity to equip you with the knowledge you need for whichever fallback career is most relevant to your preferred role in game development -- computer science in my case.
that's what i'd guess anyway. of course there's no way they'd ever admit all that outright.

I think that for context you should look at an actual example in the wild.
youtu.be/p65Yt20pw0g?t=15m5s
Components here are SoA data and he will show how that's good.

It fits the computational structure they have. They have things like physics which operates on certain fields but not others having rendering mesh data with the physics stuff is not effective.

Attached: .png (1920x1080, 1.26M)

I looked into books about Rust to find something that can teach me beyond beginner level. To my surprise, there seems to be only one or two books that try to explain anything aside from what the millions of basic tutorials already do. They just teach the same shit but in more words and for money.
I haven't read any programming books before because I never needed what I thought the format of books was good at providing, which is a deep exploration of a specific subject that is hard to do in a shorter form. Kind of a big disappointment to find out that most books are just shit tutorials.

Can't even reply right today.

Learn Lisp.

There's literally nothing wrong with this. Do you also complain when there are websites written in other languages and you can't use them? Not everything has to be tailored to your culture.

As all relentlessly shilled hype scams and pyramid schemes, the Rust community is wide at the bottom and rapidly narrows as you go up. You know, like a pyramid.

The point is you might conceivably think of different components as belonging to one thing, e.g. key-value pairs here . You don't want to have to go far out of your way to do this.

>wide at the bottom and rapidly narrows as you go up.
>You know, like a pyramid.
oh.
like a pyramid.
right.
that's totally what i was thinking.
yup.
a pyramid.
right.
uh huh.
(___)__)

>There's literally nothing wrong with this.

>make a publication in an international, peer-reviewed, English-language journal
>include your actual code/analysis pipeline to show your work in the supplementary materials
>it's all in East Asian squiggles

Interestingly the Chinese don't really do this in my experience, only the Japanese and the Koreans.

>>make a publication in an international, peer-reviewed, English-language journal
You never mentioned this part. That completely changes matters.
Even so, you must admit there's literally nothing wrong with programming in your native language and exclusively publishing it in places that are also tailored to your native language.

>You might think of different components belonging to on the same system.
Yes. That's the flaw with AoS. Well put.
>you don't want to go far out of your way to do this
How so? You've got huge potential gains. In the example of unity they've written a specific llvm based compiler for optimizing this type of problem.
Just having fields SoA even where the processor will work on them at the same time (removing the cache concern entirely) SoA let's you do SIMD easily.

It should be the default in many systems.

wait do you think i'm the other guy?

I don't think saying 'the other guy' makes things more clear.
I think you're But your post is of most relevance.

you are the other guy
we're all manifestations of the same being

>You never mentioned this part.
No, you just can't read.

>Korean and Japanese academics are the worst about this
>I look up the code associated with some publication

I'm doing my own personal blog with a Backend using PHP. PHP is great, as great as Scheme.

obvious bait

That's korean, dumbass.

this is a lain thread, post lains
//DDDEF DD DSN=HLQ.EFR2.ENC.OUT,
// DISP=(NEW,KEEP),
// DCB=(RECFM=VB,LRECL=32756,BLKSIZE=32760),
// UNIT=SYSALLDA,
// SPACE=(CYL,(5,1))

Attached: lain.jpg (640x455, 74K)

Once again, you never mentioned anything about it.
You didn't say the publication was in English. In fact, it seemed safer to assume it wasn't, since the code was not in English.
Naturally, you might respond that I should have assumed the publication was in English, because if it hadn't been in English, you wouldn't have been frustrated. However, that's only if I assumed a priori that you were a reasonable person, which is itself a poorly founded assumption on this website.

we're all Anonymous here
he mentions Japanese

Bait your ass retard. I really love PHP now. I stopped reading SICP because PHP is the best. I have uninstalled my Dr. Racket. I have deleted my pdf's, The Little Schemer, K&R, I only have PHP books and "Make your Blog in 24 hours"

Attached: bait your ass.png (1029x901, 143K)

Attached: lain-lisp.jpg (640x480, 43K)

>$_SESSION['admin'] = "You are logged in!";
>$_SESSION['wrong'] = "Username or Password is incorrect";
>he stores his messages in variables instead of storing message identifiers and using them to produce messages during page generation
literally why
holy fuck this is such garbage
>setcookie
>his website uses cookies instead of localstorage
>his website bothers storing more complex data than session credentials directly on the client in the first place despite the fact that he already has a session object available to him
>the mysqli_close($conn); session_start(); has to occur no matter what happens and yet he puts it in the if anyway
m8 are you well
are you drunk or some shit

>holy fuck this is such garbage
Oh I'm fucking sorry Mr. Hacker, I'm on my 5th day learning PHP. I would sanitize it with OOP, for now I'm just building intuition with this MOST BEAUTIFUL PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE OF ALL TIME.
any moar fucking advices Mr. Hacker?

>Oh I'm fucking sorry Mr. Hacker, I'm on my 5th day learning PHP.
>he is on his 5th day learning a language and he thinks it's the most beautiful programming language of all time
>mfw

Attached: Mfw+his+chest+hair+_84e7870d7f858633e885db56522de470.jpg (283x200, 10K)

>This presentation
Nice to see people taking Haskells "let's make simple things complicated for no reason" approach to video games

>being this nigger who can't get satire tone
>tfw all faggots here are niggers who think they're smarter than anyone
kill yourself faggot

>>>>>can't get satire tone
>>>>>>>>yfw

Attached: 1348764844816.png (244x226, 2K)

hohohoohoh so fucking dank yay retard

hehehehhe le memes hehehehe funny burrrnnnn :DDDDD

>hohohoohoh
>he has been reduced to making ape noises at his keyboard
oh
ok

burrrnnnnnn :DDDDDD XDDDD

Fren, you don't gotta be so buttmad. Here, have this really cute clip of a dog, I hope it calms your man tits.
youtube.com/watch?v=GzD-LqvDCwo
It's ok, I've been new at something before too. I know you'll do a great job if you keep trying.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 20K)

>make opponent look losing
>typical 4shit tactics
yay funny normalfag hehehehe :DDDDDDD

even this site has gone shitty you dont have to use those childish tactics against me cunt :)

Ok, if you wanna stay butthurt, it's your choice.
You sure do sound like you have a lot of hate in your heart. I relate, yknow, I hate me too.
Let it all out man. We're here for you.

good thread

I'm coding a VR game. Probably working 80 hours a week but still beats wagecucking.

Attached: one good anime picture.png (817x726, 623K)

>he does it for free
>he feels like this makes him superior

both of you shut it or I will butt fuck you

>here it is sounding like a big boy
yeah help me out big boy :DDDDD what a nice alpha. you can kill yourself faggot, phone posters like you ruin everything

How do you make an infinitely expandable game field for game of life?

Mm, talk dirty to me a little more why don't ya.

Too much work to rename things after lifting the whole source verbatim.

That's it, just let it all come pouring out.
Just let go of it. You don't need that toxic shit man. Get it out of your system and be free of it.

Whoever said I felt superior? Any wagecuck would agree that it sucks cock, it's not a matter of who's better than who. Anyway, my game isn't going to be free.

*grabs your asshole*

Attached: angus.jpg (550x492, 58K)

hehehehe what an edgy, fucking newfags

I've been on here since before you were born asslet.

Attached: bad luck.png (475x562, 202K)

>I've been on here since before you were born asslet
what a fucking shame for an old man still stucked on a shitty forum

There is no difference between you and I, for this is your future. No one leaves this website.

>VR
2016 called it wants its meme back

You're a fucking idiot if you think the ISS is going to allow the frequencies telling them their position above the western hemisphere to be interfered by some grubby lardass trying to ask them "Do you guys actually eat toothpaste"

It's not even legal to own a radar gun. You'll be tracked down by the authorities and fined thousands of dollars for potentially interfering with police and EMT communications.

It's only going to get better, if you aren't developing for it right now you're missing the gold rush when it becomes mainstream.

just tell me how could I fucking change my source code but all you do is to insult me, now you're acting like a gentleman, no thanks senpai. what a fucking arrogant

Thousands of people own and operate personal radios

>just tell me how could I fucking change my source code but all you do is to insult me,
1) you never asked
2) i only ever insulted your code (my first post in this conversation was )
3) in said post i already told you what you could change

I hope this is a joke

Radio != radar gun.

I forget exactly what it is, but it isn't legal to own something that uses the frequencies used by police and EMT.

>/dpt/: daily PMS'ing trannies

Attached: good thread .jpg (699x450, 11K)

A joke? I'm looking at one right now.

kill yourself fucking arrogant. you think you're good boy huh? going to heaven huh? fuck you I hope you don't breed

What does a radar gun have to do with radio communication with the ISS?

It's ok fren, you can be mad if you want.

VR was going to become mainstream 2 years ago, it didn't and a whole bunch of VR startups went under
you're out of the loop

No, it wasn't. You're talking about literally the first generation release. That's like saying the iPhone is a failure because it didn't go mainstream with the first generation release.
Shit is still too expensive and complicated to setup. In spite of this the market continues to grow.

yeah, you don't have to insult me/my codes to make you look kool dumbass. A simple "bruhh change yah code man" is a respectable tone. then now you're acting you the greatest untermensch.

You're delusional and still in a bubble which already popped for the rest of the world
are you also mining bitcoins, I heard they'll make you a millionaire

Nice quints but you were asking for it via your blatant trolling about PHP vs functional langs in the first place. I was simply following your tone -- more mildly than you yourself, I might add. You can dish it out but you can't take it huh? But, then, I guess it's typical for people who can dish it out to not be able to take it. That's just the nature of being angry and bitter.

I anticipate you kicking yourself over the next 10 years. Back to your wage cage.

Attached: 1548291096239.png (800x821, 682K)

You know even people who own VR headsets don't use them right
I bet you'll say that's cause there aren't enough games

>tfw koding with frens

Attached: IMG_20190124_084153.jpg (3000x2250, 736K)

ariss.org/contact-the-iss.html

You've been proven WRONG by the wrongprover

Attached: 1275639901592.jpg (2932x1980, 3.35M)

what a fucking nigger, I have changed my tone into being little serious but being satire on "beautiful language" that's why its on an uppercase, then you replied this attacking my 5th day and showing how great you are. I might be angry but its because you've triggered it dumbass, stop making yourself look cool because actually you're an arrogant man who puts everyone down by attacking their ability.

Do something like this.
It can become a sparse grid if you want. You can put unused blocks (detecting this may be a problem) on a free list and null incoming pointers (easy since it's doubly linked).

If you want to speed up calculations and get rid of the constant checking for grid edges you can have a border for the grid and update them separately. GoL only cares about 1 unit of surrounding state so that's fine.

Don't make each block 3x3 though. Make it pretty large.

Attached: file.png (497x342, 17K)

Crossposting from /fglt/ because this is driving me mad

I'm having a problem trying to install Haskell / Stack. Stack keeps complaining about path missing, which I tried adjusting in two ways in .bashrc
export PATH="/home/sam/.local/bin:$path"
which didn't help, also I tried something else but I can't remember now.

But the biggest problem is that it keeps complaining about lack of space, which seems to be a common issue but I can't find a solution. Can I just make my 20 gig home partition larger without fucking everything up? I have extra space on other partitions.

>I have changed my tone into being little serious
>a little
>I might be angry but its because you've triggered it dumbass
>Bait your ass retard.

Your argument doesn't hold up. Your change in tone occurred before I entered the conversation, and, as I said, my attack on your ability was in response to it. You'd made it clear what kind of conversation you wanted to have, so I figured I'd give it to you. Are you not satisfied?

>Unicode was a mistake
Fucking lol

you think you're good enough huh? are you fucking successful person? have you reached your highest dreams? if not then stop being arrogant and insulting other's ability. Came here to mock PHP because it's actually trivial to learn in the way its ugly,but then you've started to be fucking cocky

>pic
wrote that wrong.
Mixed terminology.
>when you find that you overflow the block you just follow the pointer, if the pointer is null you allocate a new block and navigate around the grid to set the pointers right.
So if we allocate a block to the right of current top right we would navigate down and to the right to see if there's a block there we can set the pointer for.

VR is a meme that needs ALOT of maturing.

I have change my tone here >I would sanitize it with OOP, for now I'm just building intuition with this MOST BEAUTIFUL PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE OF ALL TIME.
any moar fucking advices Mr. Hacker?
then you've replied with what a fucking disgrace for people like you who knows more things but let other people down. goodluck reaching your dreams arrogant man

To expand your home partition, you need to have free space available directly after it. That means, either it has to be the last partition, or, if you have more partitions after it, there needs to be free space in between your home partition and the first partition after it. Otherwise you're pretty much screwed, you'll need to back up your system to external media, repartition your whole drive from a live boot, and write all the files from each old partition of your backup back into the respective new partition. I wouldn't recommend this considering I'm talking out my ass and I'm not sure it would even work, it's just the only thing I can think of that might. But if it didn't, it probably wouldn't be that hard to repair your repartitioned system considering you'd still have all the files set up in the right places with respect to the root.
Alternatively, consider this: Within your home directory doesn't necessarily mean within your home partition. If you have a large continuous chunk of free space anywhere in your disk, you can create a partition to put your Haskell/Stack install on and set its mount point within your home directory, at the root of the directory tree it tries to install to.

you're still up against fundamental game design limitations that will never change with current VR tech which is why it will only ever be a novelty

What do I need to know if I want to get a job in compilers and programming language development?