/iemg/ — In-Ear Memes General

Welcome to the In-Ear Monitors General

Featured IEM: CCA C10 - The upgrade to the KZ ZSN.

IEM advice request template:
>Your Budget
>Your Location
>Wired/wireless
>Over-ear IEMs/Hanging IEMs/Earbuds
>Sound signature
>Past IEMs

Attached: 61To1E9v4RL._SL1000_.jpg (1000x1000, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/store/product/New-Yinyoo-H3-H5-8-Core-Upgraded-Silver-Plated-Earphone-Cable-With-MMCX-2pin-For-Yinyoo/519064_32849066071.html?spm=a219c.12010108.1000001.8.491071e9rYf1p1
mariobon.com/Articoli_storici_AES/1976_Group_delay_distortions.PDF
head-fi.org/showcase/cca-c10.23517/reviews
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

r-rate my setup

Attached: IMG_20190124_100627.jpg (3090x3090, 3.36M)

would you rec this dap? is it cheap?

I hate the Tin T2 stock cable so fucking much
It gets yellow/green quickly and picks up a lot of noise from friction

if you don't care about packaging size, dynamic drivers are superior to balanced armature

i think that by the end of 2019, there will be an IEM with as much acclaim as the DM6 at half the price

That's what headphones are for

>Your Budget
up to 100 euro

>Your Location
ireland

>Wired/wireless
wired

dont mind

>Sound signature
stereo. want crisp sharp detailed audio with loud volume. i listen to all genres and a lot of youtube videos too

>Past IEMs
none

Attached: 21b009.jpg (600x413, 94K)

The DA106 is a great dap, it sounds better than my dac (SMSL M3), the noise floor is low, the software is okay and it supports DSD. I paid $49 back in 2017, so it's considerably cheap. The only cons is the file organization which is autistic.
The thing I most hate in this cable is the microphonics, I can't walk with it.

Are custom-made ear buds really better for you than regular ones?

can one of you sound nerds make a FAQ for n00bs
like, what are microphonics, what is sound staging, what is sound signature, BA, how to read charts etc
you know, explain all the memes you use
aint nobody got time to go read dozens of webpages, just put in a simple answer on a pastebin or something

How's the fr graph?
Nice dodol user, love it.
Around 40-50usd i guess.

here is actual sweet dodol for you.

Attached: dodol-kandangan-khas-banjarmasin.jpg (1024x680, 187K)

I got these
aliexpress.com/store/product/New-Yinyoo-H3-H5-8-Core-Upgraded-Silver-Plated-Earphone-Cable-With-MMCX-2pin-For-Yinyoo/519064_32849066071.html?spm=a219c.12010108.1000001.8.491071e9rYf1p1

A bit pricey compared to the price of the IEMs but totally worth it, it feels better and produces no microphonics

Attached: IMG_20190124_140214_HDR (1).jpg (4160x2340, 3.25M)

/hpg/ used to be like this before it all went to shit. somehow you guys are the better general.
anyway what is a good upgrade from the gr07?

Sankyu~
Is this made out of guava?
Quality.
This gr07 seems to have bass, you should look for TRN V80.

Yep, guava. Very unique kind sweet. But you can't eat it with iem on your ears.

What's most ergonomic chink non custom iem?

Attached: se215.jpg (300x300, 12K)

The nicehck Shure knockoff

SE215

they get a few more db of sound isolation, and may fit better or be more comfortable, but other than that, nothing

DUNU Falcon C

This is the only shape that really works for me now, everything else just falls out of my ears. These are cheapo $20 headphones because im a poorfag, but the right earbud has been quieter lately after too much abuse. Do they make this design wireless? I'd love to get some cord free ones

Attached: 20190124_104837.jpg (2160x2160, 971K)

Only cucks can applefags cannot wear IEMS.

meant for

ty user this thread is properly helpful

better than hpg for sure

TRN BT3 VS BT10 ?

I was referring to the thread they linked where they posted their own measurements for comparison to a review and the reviewer discussed it and posted additional measurements. Stuff like that are golden nuggets in a sea of poop nuggets.

Also the guy who posted his own measurements applied a parametric EQ to make the sound neutral. Useful information but parametric EQs introduce audible amounts of group delay. Bummer they didn't include phase response and group delay measurements.

>Your Budget
100 us dollars
>Your Location
us
>Wired/wireless
doesn't matter, but wireless are extremely convenient for my work
hanging
>Sound signature
what this guy said except no youtube vids
>Past IEMs
none

Is RHA MA750i a good buy for 75$?

Well im neither of those, so I dont know what to tell you

Group delay is merely the derivative of the phase wrt frequency. I don't know how a pure mechanical system can intoduce a constant phase offset, but you get the envelope "delay" from the phase angle.
>parametric EQs introduce audible amounts of group delay
Not quite. The initial equalization of the headphone asserts its own phase shift. Physical EQ, the tuning of the device, has to assert its own phase shift as it deviates in magnitude from the Dirac delta. There is a dominant minimum phase component and some smaller all pass from non-idealized behavior and/or crossovers.
Parametric EQ is usually minimum phase type, exactly so. The inverse of a min-phase system is a minimum-phase system. The phase shifts cancel each other out under equalization. This necessarily reduces the group shift.

I got my kz zsn in the mail. I really like them. They have a fun sound signature. It feels more fun to listen to than my old revos. Also for those who are wondering I tried a generic .75mm replacement cable that I used to have on my busted revos and they fit no problem. I will warn that the connector protrudes from the housing so it may be easily bent or broken without a zsn style recessed 2pin cable. The stock cable on the zsn makes a very sturdy connection. As opposed to the revos where they could bend sidways at the connection and cause the pins to bend or break, the zsn connection is very ridgid to bending pressure. Its better for jamming in your pocket and abusing. 10/10.
Are the CCA C10 worth getting if you already own the ZSN?

Minimum phase does not mean zero phase.

Attached: muhGD.png (1264x735, 68K)

Also here is a good reference for audibility of group delay. It doesn't matter until it matters.

mariobon.com/Articoli_storici_AES/1976_Group_delay_distortions.PDF

I'm really liking my Ety-Kids. Passively volume-limited so a single fuckup won't deafen me. Added green filters so they won't fill with wax. Very clear at lowest volumes. They keep out low frequencies much better than my expensive active cancellation cans which also cause skin issues and replacement parts are expensive and washable covers ruin the fit. Also easier to put on with long hair. I previously tried ER20s under the cans played extra loud and it didn't work nearly as well. Cheap passive muffs with buds or built-in speakers are much more effective than the active cancellation gimmick.

My T2's are almost here :)

Attached: 20190124_115208.jpg (1440x1631, 285K)

Attached: ek5_450_v3.jpg (450x450, 28K)

I get what you're saying. I'm just not entirely convinced of the minimum phase nature of transducers. It would make sense but physical models are a bit more complicated than min phase EQ circuitry. I'll check it out the next time I make a set of measurements to see if that is the case.

FiiO FH1/F9?
Probably a little ear bean

>Minimum phase does not mean zero phase.
That's completely aside the point.

You won't fit it entirely into the unit circle, if that's what you're wondering.
From personal experience, tracking down phase shifts in headphones came down to leakage, diaphragm modes, or pinnae interference. IEMs tend to be a bit different, but the general trend still holds.

I'm not referring to limitations of filter design. I'm saying that I don't believe headphones apply a minimum phase EQ. Sounds too simple of a model for a more complex system.

Thinking about ve monk headphones, someone using it?

>CCA C10
is this better than kz zs6?

Attached: 20180516_202704.jpg (2499x2196, 2.54M)

clean your fucking ears, thats disgusting.

>better
no.

Thank you, i was looking for a replacement for my zs6, but i has to be compatible with the 2 pin connector (i use the type c cable). Which one should i go for?

Attached: 130229931531375537.jpg (800x800, 159K)

4u, also no matter how much I clean it always gets dirty.

The one with straight connectors.

fiio fh1 or cca c10?

are there any legit sites that test chinese IEMs? or are all of them outdated/shill sites? i really need new IEMs because my current piston 3s got a bit damaged and the highs sounded artificial anyways

Better. All ive heard is that the zs6 is high sibilant garbo, the improved version of the zs6 was the qt2s. The only reason igor recommends them is because he hasn't reviewed to many KZs since there are quite a few. Zsn's are good and apparently c10s are similar with slightly better separation and clarity.

>zs6 is high sibilant
i've modded mine

I'm amazed at how the vent cover ""mod"" on the T2 Pros completely removes any sibilance without affecting any perceived clarity or detail.
I only did this because of the bass and that's just an added benefit I suppose

Attached: cet.png (800x800, 218K)

I see, I can't speak for moding, but I assume with a decent mod zs6s could sound good. I'm considering the c10s myself, looking into head-fi.org/showcase/cca-c10.23517/reviews but Idk yet if its worth the upgrade from the zsn.

Attached: woah.jpg (816x816, 183K)

I'm talking business here: I want an IEM that can reproduce audio at a decent quality, mostly rock. Here's the deal, got 60 bucks, heard from some rookies that KZ ZSNs are good, along with QT2s, T2's, and maybe the Yinyoo V2s. I want the best of the best to complete my tasks, got no time for garbage and not durable IEMs, you know what I'm talking about, because I'm that type of man.

shut the fuck up you faggot

Attached: 030.jpg (820x508, 188K)

T2 Pros with bass vent mod. T2s if you can find them for like $30.
They are the most durable motherfuckers you will find.

They came and what the fuck is this bead around the cable, I got a little chinked. Most likely gonna try to smash it off with a hammer later.

Attached: 20190124_150856.jpg (3024x3094, 3.43M)

it's to adjust how close together the cable is at the y junction
you could just order a high quality BGVP silver cable that has a mic for $20

That's what I thought it was but it doesn't hold the cable together, also i don't see any other person with the bead.

>Silver cables
That's snake oil

My T2s from 11.11 didn't have them but my T2 Pros that I ordered late December (from Amazon) did.
Probably a new thing.
I just like the way they look, and BGVP is the only one that makes that kind of cable with a button + mic that isn't exorbitantly priced (need to be able to talk to GF, man.)

So should I still smash it off or no?

yeah why not

Attached: chen is interested in your post.jpg (400x400, 26K)

Nah, I'm not going to. I'll wait until tmrw to I wanna have working headphones for the first day.

where'd you order them from?

Aliexpress

any reason to not use amazon?

which way did you mod them? turn the tips around? push them all the way back? cover the hole with a tape?

checkd

aliexpress protection.
If something goes wrong, you will get your money back.
There is no further warranty tho, dunno what your local laws are

Enter the code "AudioBudget" when you check out, make sure you get the ones by AK you get 20 dollars off

How much do you end up paying ?

Any of those are subjectively fine for rock but it depends on what sound signature you want to get from it. You might not prefer the exaggerated v shape of the zsn, revo might be better because it has a more natural sound in comparison but the mids are still recessed. I haven't tried the t2s nor V2s but if choosing between the two I'd go for the v2s, its said to be slightly improved over the t2s without needing to mod it.

38 bucks it was originally 58 with shipping

Using my old Samsung Galaxy S4G (SGH-T959V) and KZ-ATE's

Attached: 20190124_131550.jpg (3264x2448, 3.42M)

>AudioBudget
didn't do anything

>KZ-ATE
Shitty build quality

wait for chinese new year (early february), it will be around 30$

Had 'em for almost a year now and they've been holding up pretty well.

Def not a shill. Def trust the "reviews".

instead of a bead, i actually want a cable with a zippy thing that works to bring the split closer to my chin. like this picture but braided and mmcx or 2pin. which store sells it?

Attached: m6.jpg (585x585, 29K)

Looking for buying advice with a budget of -$80. Sound quality is important, obviously, but I’m a clumsy fool in need of a resilient pair.

I’m thinking of getting pic related for $50 or should I get Klipsch - Reference R6i II Wired In-Ear For $52?

Attached: D6F248DA-2750-4DC4-8D81-12C99575976C.jpg (620x802, 77K)

Thanks for the help.

Shure SE315 vs SE215 what's the difference?

>bose
>klipsch
>”sound quality”
OH NO NO NO

Nigga what about the build quality? Just picked shit from bestbuy since it’s most convenient.

Just bought kz zst as my first dual driver items, how did I do?

(Still waiting another week to get them in)

These fuckers make my ears feel weird. Don't manufacturers make regular old earbuds anymore?

What are some non bulky Bluetooth connectors for my kz zst?

Foam tips make my ears hurt how is that even possible

Attached: 1FC8FBA3-F5D9-429E-A71C-BAE9CE26F852.jpg (640x1916, 177K)

See a Doctor.

foam gets its seal from expanding against your ear canal which will cause your canals to stretch and hurt

Oh you want to talk memes?
I've got Rock Zircons in the mail right now.
Oh, you thought I didn't get memed on enough? Well guess what, I ordered them from Amazon. How do you like them apples?

How bad is the cable of the QT2s? Is it recommended to buy a new one just in case?

No wonder the silicone dildos never hurt my ears. There's no fucking pressure/expansion there.

huh. a little off topic but do they make expanding foam dildos? would be pretty weird/neat to feel that slowly expanding inside you. anyways.

Are the KZ ZST the best on Amazon for under 20 burgers? Need them before Saturday so I can't order from a chink site.