Linuxfags don't have a voice assistant

>linuxfags don't have a voice assistant

Attached: cortana-logo-1920.png (1920x1080, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mycroft.ai/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>What is dmenu

linux doesn't need a fake female voice covered botnet

Why the fuck would I need one? It's almost as stupid as fucking smart devices. Like a cooker that messages you if it's left on. If it's so smart, why doesn't it just shut itself off. And what does it say about you if you left the cooker on in the first place and needed it to message you a reminder? That sounds like the onset of alzheimer's and you should probably be in community supported housing or assisted living.

In all honesty, I've come to appreciate minimalism and what my computers don't have. My overall experience is more pleasant when I've only got what I need, especially in this day and age.

>mom, cancel all my meetings, X shit the bed again!!
yes we do

kekd and checked

>install voice dictation software
> "sudo, what time is it?"
>"sudo, open my gym playlist"

Google voice assistant works with GNU.

>sudo
>literally iSweat
Nice try sweatie

Linux is a kernel. Android runs the Linux kernel. Android has a voice assistant. In fact, several of them, including Cortana.

We do, it is just not pushed by default to anyone as it is a retarded feature for people with hands.
There are people who can't stand typing that much which have voice assistance and dictation software on gnu/Linux.
I never bothered trying to set anything like that up myself because I don't want to talk to my computer.

mycroft.ai/

Cortana is coming to linux though.

What is this shit? Why is it needed? If I yell out "Oi mate, turn the lights off" some cunt usually just gets up from their chair and turns the lights off for me.

>yfw opening the terminal and typing a command is like using a voice assistant

:O

Tbh I see opensource text based assistant closer than voice based ones.
It is not particularly challenging to build a text NLP but voice recognition always require "the cloud" to work properly.
Using text based, you cut off the most difficult part to do offline: voice recognition

Attached: 1546057281458.jpg (1025x768, 111K)

Maybe I don't need one in the first place. Don't use it on the phone either.

>Cortana play Dr. Shoko's Luscious Treatment

We used to have keyboards. We typed what we wanted to do in a teletype and the computer did exactly as commanded. No bullshit.

Then we had GUI. Tasks that can be done in a few keystrokes had to be now point and click; point to another part of the screen and click and repeat until you get what you want. Inconvenient. But gets the job done.

And now, "Lexa, What time is it?", "Here is a Google search for pubs nearby."

Computers became shit when they made it for niggers.

Attached: geBXQ.jpg (464x224, 18K)

>linuxfags don't have something that records everything they say and sends their recordings to servers for voice recognition, identification, processing and analysis
>linuxfags don't have literal microphone spyware
ftfy

Attached: db.jpg (1280x720, 97K)

this desu. It actually feels so cool/comfy to say...
>move all the pdfs from my home directory to this other one
>hey, replace all the files on this external drive with this premade disc image
>"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I--"
>sudo !!
>hey can you find where I put this?
>...
>sorry, can you *locate* this thing
>"here you go"
>hey install this thing, and as soon as that's done, open it up, then seperate it from the terminal
>sudo !!
etc.

forgot my image

Attached: xbros.jpg (539x859, 105K)