Using Linux for any type of productive work

>using Linux for any type of productive work

Attached: mario_1.gif (444x384, 56K)

Well yes, you would have a hard time being productive with it as Linux is a kernel and doesn't do anything on it's own. If you want to be productive, consider using using GNU on top of it, or one of the other 100 non-GNU distributions.

>I choose to nitpick even though I know perfectly well what you mean

> Not using GNU/Linux for any type of productive work
It's like you want to do a bullshit job for the rest for your life by therefore achieving nothing but being a dataentry wageslave
sage for OP suffering from the excess of homosexuality and bait weakness.

What else are you gonna use? The competition can't compete when it comes to real work, Linux is a clear winner here.

Well your argument was too stupid to make an actual decent response to so instead user is clearly making fun of it by nitpicking a meme.

No I don't know what you mean. I have never been at a company that didn't use GNU/Linux. If we tried to use just "Linux" we would get nothing done because it's a kernel, not an OS. But we all know this "Linux is an OS" meme is pushed by you shills to try and confuse the issue and make it seem like the only way to use a computer is to buy broken Microsoft products.

>Video games aren't productive

The irony is that you can set up a highly personalized workflow in Linux that is significantly more efficient than what you can achieve with Windows or MacOS--the only problem is that several of the companies that develop industry standard software do not release versions for Linux. I mean, the most used office suite is developed by Microsoft, so it's not really hard to see why that's not coming to Linux anytime soon.

You could argue that Office 365 is already available on Linux, since you can access it theough a web browser, but I get what you're saying.

Linux is a family of operating systems that use the Linux kernel.
How do you even function in the real world? Off the aspergers taxpayers money you get?

The irony is the hours you lose doing that

my productive work consists of a browser and an IDE, maybe some PDFs and chat applications, also some markdown files every now and then.

Literally everything I use is electron except my PDF reader and terminal, the only thing that would change depending on the OS is the extra shit I don't use anyway.

gnu is not an operating system

you spend a few hours beforehand to save 100s of hours later

Where is the "Linux" userland, compiler, development environment and desktop environment then?

100% of my work is either done remotely over ssh or on the browser.

In 2019 my OS of choice is inconsequential.

i3 wm seems pretty productivity based, if you do stuff in text editors it seems like it's a great way to keep focused

Attached: 1542752585857.gif (399x295, 1.36M)

t. Dumb zoomer who thinks making Youtube videos is being "productive"

gnu has no working kernel. no kernel, no OS.

Another low quality post made for getting (You)s and to shill for a multi billion dollar company for free. The absolute state of Jow Forums

Actually it does, HURD works fine although obviously doesn't have the driver support Linux does.

>Hurd works fine

You're right, it's hard to get work done with just a kernel.

>I haven't tried to use it therefore it doesn't work

Yes. I work best at an UNIX-like environment, and with the peace of mind that I'm running free software.

Attached: OP is a faggot.webm (640x480, 346K)

Maybe there are some codemonkeys who are allowed to use it because it doesn't really matter what they use, but no real company will let you work with it. All engineering companies use Windows, and that's where most productive work is being done with computers.

>I am lying because gnu is not an operating system

GNU has a kernel, you are wrong.

Where is the "Linux" userland, compiler, development environment and desktop environment then?

Dude just damage boost through the flames

>I have never been at a company that didn't use GNU/Linux
Clearly, this makes you an authority and everyone should listen to your opinions

Somehow, that analogy describes the whole Linux ecosystem brilliantly

Running servers isn't productive?

Office 365 is terrible though, Google docs works better than it. I get free 365 via my uni and still torrent office 2016 because it's cancer

>run windows on servers
>gnu/linux comfy desktop at home

Attached: 0192830938.jpg (253x229, 48K)

Not that guy, but it's painfully true. If your GNU+Linux environment is one prefabbed for the task at hand, you're probably going to run into stupid bullshit left and right.

I was asked to compile a basic application for a VxWorks system running on powerpc. Had to download and dual-boot an Arch-based distro, because there wasn't a VxWorks-powerpc version made compatible for Debian. Ugh.