How big of a PC desk one truly needs?

I want to buy myself a good desk but I am not sure what dimensions should I go for?

Attached: 15.jpg (3840x2160, 1.75M)

Other urls found in this thread:

ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S19006323/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Between 70-80cm depth and at least wider than 60cm, or wider if you have a wider monitor

eeh I can't find deeper than 55... :

this guy is 33eur but 73x50 , 75 tall and im 190, should i save up and just get this

Attached: 613.jpg (2000x2000, 169K)

Ikea "Linmonn" or something like that

Attached: 1543339953555.jpg (382x479, 164K)

>should i save up
>33eur

not sure if retarded or trolling

>Go to Ikea
>Buy two Alex drawer units
>Leave desk area
>Go to Kitchens
>Buy 2 meter long kitchen top, the thicker one
>Alex drawers have rubber things to put units on
>Build drawers and place unit on top of drawers

Enjoy your huge easy desk with tons of storage and you can even get cable management. I think the tops are called Karlby, but it just matters you get the thicker ones. Pic related.

Attached: alex karlby desk.jpg (1024x453, 45K)

nice setup!

Not mine. But mine is similar, but with dark blue units and blue accents.

Those are too small, your eyes would be way too close from the screen
>50
Your eyes would be at kissing distance from the monitor

What size and resolution is your monitor? Do you have more than one? My monitor is 27", 2560x1440, and the depth of my desk is 29.5". I find myself having to zoom in on webpages a lot, but if you have a 1080 monitor then 29.5" depth would be ideal. I wouldn't have to zoom in if my desk were about 25". Either way, just something to keep in mind when you're shopping for a desk. Ergonomics is important, and not having to zoom in on webpages all the time is nice too.

Attached: IMG_0133.jpg (4032x3024, 1.54M)

I know this setup is very popular, but I did that too. Drove about 720 miles round trip in one day just to go to a damn Ikea because I live in bumfuck nowhere and shipping was way too much to justify it.

It was worth it, I got two counter tops to produce a L-shape since I wanted a lot of desk space.

odirfghniludsnfvhfds

well I am

I got one off craigslist that is like this. Fits 3 monitors with plenty of room to spare.

Attached: 420606-2000-00.jpg (2000x2000, 2.42M)

I have an oppurtunity to get and old desk simiilar to this one for 5 bucks

U plebs have never experienced a truly sturdy workspace.

Attached: 56594391_934.jpg (525x700, 54K)

Post pics of ur craigslist purchase please
How.much and what city. What are the other deals in ur area?

I have a 21" monitor and 2 Micca speakers plus my meshify c mini tower and I'm going to buy a 60/65" desktop because that enough space for my things and goes well in the wall.

I think most people will find a 70/74" long desktop to be perfect.

I dont get why u dont shell out extra money for a giant monitor. Its not like all the new features are mandatory. U get a screen thats 25% smaller for 3 times as much but at least it has (((gaming refresh rate and low ms)))

If I'm going to expend that much $ I want real wood, not cardboard.

what desktop is this?

i forgot, 28" wide is like the common size.

You should become one

thanks

so basically either drop loads of money on table with desirable dimensions made out of shit materials or buy cheap but tight made out of shit materials

I'm at work so I can't right now, but it is same layout and dimensions as the one I posted (same manufacturer). It was posted for $50, got it for $30 due to a damaged keyboard tray, Detroit metro area.

Had the same problem, seems like desks deeper than 50 are not mass manufactured.
Just get someone that can build it for you

Then buy real Wood, it's the same idea

think ill just buy at least it looks ok

wish I had an ikea around me but it would take 5hrs to get there.

that shit is ugly as fuck.
this is a nice desk whre did you get?

>>detroit metro area
>>crime and economic ruin
No thx.jpg

ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S19006323/

This is available in 3 different sizes, all 80 cm deep.

Ikea Gerton

Thanks m8. The desk is Ikea Gerton stained with dark walnut.

48 x 30 inches minimum for a single display setup, anything smaller is either for laptops or writing

personally using pic related, it's better than laminated particleshit

Attached: ikea hilver.jpg (640x640, 15K)

anything short of 1600cm by 80cm is shit tier

brilliant

Yes but is ugly as fuck, not to mention that is made of melamine. You could make a desk out of Wood for the same price.

Nice cable managment though

Won't that sag in the middle after a while?

no? it's no longer than the ikea malm (it can be if you size up) but also you could just install an ikea leg (they sell them solo) if you are that worried

You can get it in black, but yes, it's quite minimalistic. To each their own.

This also no, its only holding 2 monitors in the middle, even if I push hard or put my weight on it there is no sag. And if in some years it did sag, well shit, I will pull it off and get another top.

>bumps drawer
>board either shifts and falls or splits in half from weight
Nothin personnel

Drawers are pretty solid. I am clumsy as hell and bump into them all the time. They dont move, at least on carpet.

Those things are actually really heavy, you'd have to bump really hard to move them.

Perhaps, but why would anyone here fancy the 'Reddit desk'? I'd be pretty embarrassed to have two drawers and a plank as a desk, also it looks really hipster-ish.

This is the best desk in this thread thus far

>not minimum 2m x 0.8m
come to Jow Forums for bad advice

>also it looks really hipster-ish.
You're worried more about your appearance to other people (who will never see your desk, just to add) than a workspace being functional... holy shit you're a loser.

Attached: 0f8.png (600x633, 313K)