Attached: foobar2000.jpg (750x500, 34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

musicpd.org/
gmpclient.org/
audacious-media-player.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

foobar2000 LOOOOOOL we're in 2019, grandpa

just fire up itunes. it just werks

If you have lots of different chiptunes format none.

I hate you

>itunes
>and even worse maybe on MacOS
iToddler detected

theres flac of uncompressed and mp3/mp4 for compressed. if you have anything other than that, you're an autist who likes doing hard things just for the same of doing them without being inefficient

im sorry if your poor and cant afford apple music. i actually can just stream everything now. no need for storing shit locally

You can also jump off a bridge. No need for shitting up Jow Forums.

>if your poor
>streaming music
expected iToddler logic

cmus

Live on my own island most of the year, split the rest across Belgrade, tel Aviv, and London, and my boat.

I can afford Apple music you rat. Could buy your family. Let's be honest I could probably pay your mum to live in my garden and whistle at birds.

I just don't always have a good internet connection, I download shit.

Prove it LARPer

I don't want to convert my 100k+ chiptune folder to mp3 so I'm an August. OK champ you got me there.
Are you for real or another of these braindead ritalin'd zoomer?

if you have the time and can be arsed to install it properly, there's an mpd port for windows
musicpd.org/
using gmpc as a frontend won't hurt, so feel free to fetch that here as well
gmpclient.org/
there are a few guides out there on how to actually install it, but you get the idea

Get in the shed.

oh, and chiptune-wise, xmplay with format plugins is pretty sick. 'sides, you get module and tracker support off the bat, so it's a win-win

Please tell us more, feel free to not omit any detail. I'm sorry about my previous message, didn't take my pills.

You have the floor.

I still use mpd

I can virtually read any format vith foobar, I'm aware of the alternatives, there is none that's compatible with all (OK except modizer that's itoddler only tho)

cmus

My I add that iTunes is one of the worst players I've seen (macfag here) and apple music's catalog is bollocks.

mpd+cantata
mpc for scripting
ncmpcpp for terminal client

iTunes has to be the worst software I've had the displeasure of interacting with ever in my life. The worst part of owning an iPod long time ago.

>So I just learned that foobar2000 is NOT entirely free.
And why does that matter to you?

Deadbeef.

just use youtube-dl bro lmao

This.

Audacious if you want something simple that just works.
Clementine if you need features.

>2019
>using strange combinations of music playing daemon and controller
>for local playing
Why?

Because ya can't beat players over console coolness

But cmus exists. I use it.

mpv

the one and only audacious
audacious > all
audacious-media-player.org/

Attached: audacious.png (444x959, 120K)

mpd+ncmpcpp, cmus, clementine, deadbeef

Just because it isn't FOSS doesn't mean it isn't good.

This.
The guy that codes it is a simple guy who wants to keep all control to himself. He's an evil corporation.

>foobar2000 is NOT entirely free
What?

monkey audio

Attached: 9eaabfb6-bc61-4611-837e-4e1e97388bef..png (767x273, 580K)

He could still have full control even if it were open source.

I've heard going outside and getting some perspective on life works pretty great

>Giving the code out to others
>Have full control
Are you fucking retarded?

Attached: Wolf.jpg (200x200, 31K)

No. In the time a fork is created he loses control of it.

>he isn't a egil corporation
FTFM

Winamp because even if it's not free either it's too old to be malicious or do anything shady in the background.

MusicBee

It's still his legacy, and it'll have to be a better software to replace his own so it's perfectly fine

I've heard not having down syndrome works pretty great. Retard.

>mp3/mp4 for compressed
nigger do you know what opus is

This thread contains people that make this site worth visiting.

I will add my three cents. Use a file manager for your tunes. Niggerlicious ba ha.

I really wish they would release the source. It's the only thing keeping me on Windows and I'd love to have native (non-Wine) notifications as well as other modifications outside of the painful SDK.

That is a remarkably ugly way of displaying a library.

Nothing happens to his own fork though.
Also open source does not mean it has to be LOSS.
The Unreal Engine has a good model for distribution of the source.

A bullet.

mplayer

Anyone know the linux player that shows the next several songs on streaming stations? I think it also has unlimited skips. It looks like a bit like clementine. Googling is of no help.

>calls other poor
>streams music instead of buying it

Alternatives in what sense? I use Clementine every day and everything I needed was there.

He just don't want his name and image of this player ruined by freetards imo. They will find a way.

What is the linux equiv of foobar?

You can run it through Wine just fine

Winblows 10 user here. How I do, while using an asking account, force Musicbee to run as non-admin by default so I can drag and drop files? I don't have the "run as administrator" box ticked in properties.

I use musicbee

add the library you want and press insert to update...

>iTunes
>2019
Talk about being out of touch.

I have files here, there, and everywhere unfortunately. Dragging and dropping would be the easiest way to add files to my playlist.

>2019
>iTunes
what
>iTunes
>werks
WUT
>2009
>"user, you're good with computers, can you put some [RAP GUY] music on my new iPod"
>"sure"
>boot up windows98 (poorfag)
>torrent latest [RAP GUY] album
>drag from one folder to the other
>next day give it to her
>ANOOOON there's nothing on here
>"There should be. I've done all I can."

>not saying Spotify or another streaming service
Jesus Christ Grandpa, get off Jow Forums

Wouldn't it be easier just to organize your music folder and keep everything there?

I have 400gb of music and the collection just keeps growing, man. Shit's bound to end up here and there over time. I'll use your earlier suggestion for just trying out the program though. Thank you.

Kill yourself, you fucking retard.

>OP complains about foobar not being free
>people still recommends non-free software
/v/intoddlers were a mistake

i used to be that autistic guy that collected shitloads of flac
now i use spotify because i realized there's no fucking point if i have a physical collection of media (vinyl/cassette/cd) i can listen to on my dedicated at any point and use streaming for causal listening

stop being autistic

kek faggot

these are the only legit answers

cmus has worked with all my chiptune files

>What are the alternatives?
Another older/newer version of Foobar.

but itunes can only handle boomer formats, such as mp3 and aac + it can't handle cuesheets & lossless formats, in which most album are distributed in.

how is foobar not free, I just downloaded it the other day...

then what do you do when spotify doesn't have an album you want to listen to?

my 150+ gb library is entirely catalogued, consolidated and slimmed down and I know it and the many playlists within it like the back of my hand, why would I abandon all that after spending so much time collecting it and sorting it to just start over on a streaming service?

And by the way I am talking about just regular v0/320's, no flac shit.

Just high a quality wide ranged indexed library, all from what.

I am drunk ignore my fucking typos thanks

>unlimited skips
what ¿

>I can afford Apple music you rat.
Pirated flacs have higher bitrate you fancy moron.

Winamp connects to the internet

Sorry fatty I forgot you’re too afraid to go outside in fear of being ridiculed by your neighbors because of your morbid obesity