HELP

HELP

i accidentally left my laptop on in my backpack, I thought it was on hibernation.
it got really hot, so above 40 degrees(celcius).

It doesn't work now, could it be permanent damage?

Attached: IMG_20190125_102910.jpg (4160x1240, 1.7M)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.manjaro.org/index.php/Restore_the_GRUB_Bootloader
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Install Windows 7

It seems like it can't mount properly the partitions it needs to run shit. Try using a live cd (since you might not have access to the tools you need) to manually mount the partition scheme you used when installing the system.

wiki.manjaro.org/index.php/Restore_the_GRUB_Bootloader

i followed this tutorial in the past, but is this the routine i need to do again?
it's not the boot partition that's messed up(?)

>40 degrees C
Is your laptop made from chocolate by any chance?

Attached: fag.png (651x463, 69K)

it's a thinkpad x230 bruh, closed tight in a bag for 1.3 hours.

No. The system is having trouble finding two partitions (hence the UUID error), since you came from hibernation, probably swap parition and since it can't even find sh, the root partition.

Did you by chance alter the partition table before hibernation?

Anyways, just boot a live cd, mount the paritions properly, and generate a new fstab file (or manually edit the one in /etc/fstab).

It doen't seem to be a bootloader problem.

>systemd problems
lel

Boo hoo. Parts are rated at 100C max, prior to automatic shutdown to prevent damage. The hdd probably just got rekt due to moving around with it in the pack.

looks like dead drive to me

i have a 50% grasp on what to do and 10% grasp on how to do it.
i'll not bother you though, thanks.

6 months old crucial ssd.

SSD would have prevented this.

Literally just boot your system with a recovery disk and shut it down properly

Okay fren, i was assuming you knew how to do shit, but i overlooked the manjaro user thing.

1. Boot the live cd
2. lsblk
3. mount /dev/sdX, the X is the number of your paritions, do this for each one.
4. try using the command genfstab / /etc/fstab
5. Did it work? No? Make sure you have internet connectivity and install arch-install-scripts
6. Try again. If it works. Reboot.
7. If it doesn't work, try reinstalling the bootloader.
8. If it doens't work, try removing the HDD and pluging it into another laptop/pc as a secondary drive to ascertain it's not dead.
9. ?????

That's all i got fren.

Try this before . If it works disregard my utter faggotry, fren. I seem to have forgotten the trivial solution.

thank you wankas, this gave me a scare.

remove the hd and install an ssd

Manjaro i3?

>really hot
>above 40 C
How much above 40? Like 60 C above 40? That would be bad.

Your hdd either disconnected or broke. Do hard reboot.
If that doesn't fix it then take aout ant put back in hdd.
If that wount work then take out hdd and connect to other pc and check if it is alive.

If that's manjaro, I assume you got hit by the same shitstemd issue that happened in arch a few days ago.

Mount from live cd, add systemd to your hooks, rerun mkinitcpio -p linux and you are done. You may wish to remove udev hook.
Warning: I have never even touched manjaro.

systemd is a cancer that will kill linux very soon.

Install Windows

Just out of curiosity what was the issue?

I've never had Gentoo or genkernel fail to make a working initramfs.

Sometimes my thinkpad says it can't recognise my SSD on boot so I just hit it and try again and it starts working

It was very convoluted and involved me never answering to tripfags seriously and other related issues.
Don't (You) me again, whore.

pebkac

Can you (you) me again so I can see if 4chanX will notify me if I get (you)'d by a filtered tripfag? Thanks

Attached: don't.jpg (556x648, 103K)

He replied again.

He seems like a pretty legit dude.