Boys I feel so happy. A lot of PC parts arrived today...

Boys I feel so happy. A lot of PC parts arrived today, I still don't have everything but I never thought I could reexperience this warm feeling I had as a child when having presents.
I killed a thread for this because I'm an anonymous narcissist and proud of it. This is gonna be my first PC build in my life.
What distro should I install first? I'm thinking KDE NEON, because bloat won't be an issue.

Attached: IMG_20190125_123817022.jpg (3264x1836, 1.05M)

Other urls found in this thread:

displayninja.com/msi-optix-mag241c-review/
youtu.be/xkPGcDtjhWQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Attached: caa89blayf621.jpg (1936x1936, 306K)

What a thread...

u jelly?

Attached: TrollFace.jpg (3840x2160, 329K)

>a thread died for this
>not a bragging thread, just someone happy he gets to build his pc

Attached: ffb.jpg (496x600, 94K)

>Deathadder instead of a G502
>TN trash
>no GPU in sight
what's the point of buying a TN panel if you're not a pro gaymur? If you're just gonna watch anime on it get an IPS for perfect visuals. Dumb faggot

>Corsair PSU
baka

They're fucking good, kys man. Stop being one of those contrarian niggers who only buy Seasonic.

Don't fuck it up building it OP.

:^)

Graphics card just arrived :3
Only parts missing now are RAM and the case

Attached: IMG_20190125_135517155.jpg (3264x1836, 1.24M)

XFX is good ;3 enjoy your new gayming rig

>wasting a x470 on a 2600x
>buying last gen Zen 1 just before 2 launches this year
>buying a 580 when Vega 56 and gtx 1080 Ti used are not much more
>screenlet 23.8" tn trash not even ultra wide so shit fov
Also you should have got the 700w+ psu that one doesn't have enough for all the 8pin power connectors for gpus and the motherboard
5/10
Oh well least Zen 2 3600x is a drop in replacement after a bios flash and we might get pcie gen 4 on the 1st socket for free
Good chipset too enjoy
You'll find that 580 will struggle at 1080p
T. Owned a 390x that was basically the same speed

Cool. What are you going to do on that PC anyway? Also, I'm quite sure you spend more dosh than you should have.

>580 will struggle at 1080p
what's this meme? A 580 is a little better than the 1060, and these cards are THE 1080p cards. No games tax cards these days. Doom Eternal, Metro Exodus, DMC, all these upcoming games won't be any problem at all.

Your deluded if you think a stock 580 can push 144hz

Who cares about that? 60+fps is enough, it's not like it'll dip below 80-100 all the time. That's good enough to utilize the higher refresh rate on his gayming panel.

displayninja.com/msi-optix-mag241c-review/
U need to hit 75hz+ minimum to make use of mprt and you'll get a shit load of blur smudged shit below 100fps because va
You fucked u you should have got a Vega 56 or 1080ti

>1080ti for 1080p 144hz
come on man, even a regular 1070 will do in that case. That, or a 2060. 1080ti is for 1440p 144hz

Your either playing ancient games or turn lots of detail settings down and that's fine but no way in fuck can a 580 hit 144hz 1080p in most new games.
God forbid how bad games are going to run in 202x on that ancient 2016 polaris shit.
Amd fucked up by not making big polaris (turned into navi)
Op your gonna have a bad time

Xfx is good if you enjoy jet engines. Loudest 580 out there.

Yeez, that negativity. X470 means good upgradability.
Zen 1 because I couldn't wait.
580 because I like giving AMD money.

Just shitposting on here.

580 is completely fine, but why xfx?

Kek
Op dun fucked up with this build
Inb4 he got 32gb of rgb 4200 ram
>x470
>Good upgradability in 2019 when am4 support is dropped in 2020 for am5
Are you meming or just having a piss take?
Best case scenario you'll drop a 3600x in it and a navi this year or next for peanuts

this is actually cute

youtu.be/xkPGcDtjhWQ

It seemed like a good card with a nice base overclock and good price.

>Good mobo, will also run Zen 2
>Good ssd, decent value
>Ryzen 5 now means good performance
>580 is nice, a lot of games will run with 100+ fps
>PSU is meh but ok
>Can't comment on monitor and peripherals

You did ok OP.

>struggles to hit 60-70fps max
I'd hate to see the minimums and frame time graphs
Why the fuck buy a 144hz+ va panel that needs 100fps+ to not be a laggy blurry smudged mess (backlight strobe for ((better fake blacks)) and pair it with a midrange 2016 card (it's literally a 480 oc) that struggles to get 80-90fps

>144hz
>AMD

fucking kek

>no fake-ass onions smile, just a cute doggo and an adult that has kept alive part of his kid inside
nothing wrong here

>580 100fps 1080p
Is this some sort of new polaris r 580 cope?
No way in fuck the card can hit that minimum

This even a heavy oc 56 would struggle with that
Gcn is front end bottlenecked
Decent minimum fps but terrible avg and Max
>Nintendo
>nothing wrong

Attached: 1507035047508.jpg (1170x742, 70K)

and pairing it with a Ryzen 5 CPU is just asking for minimum frame times to be garbage.

>>Nintendo
>>nothing wrong

>portable game console designed for old-school multiplayer games on the go
>the alternative is a PSVita with Mongolian pseudo-erotic games for autists

2700x here it doesn't struggle at all desu
Bet he got a 2600 lul
Op did a dumb build
If he was aiming for 75hz that would be perfect but nope got a 16:9 144hz 23"let
Also op to get anywhere near 1ms required to take full advantage of your screen you need 100-140fps minimum
Or you could just not be an autist and play vidya at home.
Fuck playing games portable the controls always suck

>all AMD build
Why would you do this to yourself

>2700x here it doesn't struggle at all desu
Sure it does, not nearly as badly though.

Compared to a 9600k or 9700k or 8700k though, and if you're mainly playing 144hz fast paced games, you'll want the intel.

Better frame times, better 0.1% and 1% low framerates. As well as higher average framerates.

A 2700X is certainly decent, and if you're doing more professional workloads like encoding, or rendering then of course, get the Ryzen. But for pure 144fps gaming, intel is still the clear choice.

This.
Weirdly enough my 1080 was fuck loads faster than my 56 so I sold it

I'm talking games like CS go, lol, Dota. Even bf and pubg with the right settings. Who the fuck actually plays with all settings maxed out, when med-high is often close in visuals and much better in performance.

Who cares, I can probably turn down the refresh rate in the monitor menu. Also I will probably still play quite a few old games like swkotor, BioShock, deus ex, etc.
I have never owned a gaming PC in my life, only owned a few low end desktops and laptops, the fact I see that my setup can run current gen games 30fps up even 60 amazes me. More I don't need.

I have that video card, so long as you stay at 1080p, you'll be fine. Fucker needs a lot of CCC and wattman toying for 1440p

Because great open source drivers you retard.

Who the Fuck plays any of those shit games anymore?
THEN WHY BUY A 144HZ MONITOR WHEN YOUR CPU AND GPU CAN NOT SPIT OUT THOSE HIGH FPS
Yeah Nah I'm not touching Intel ever again I don't mind eating 5-10fps off 100fps since I only have a 60hz screen atm
Prices here in aus are fucked screens are 2x more expensive

>swkotor
if you're talking about the MMO, you're fine.

At least with KOTOR 2 on PC higher refresh rates break movement after exiting combat. Requires you to save and re-load. Which isn't too big of a deal on an SSD, but still a bit annoying.

>I don't mind eating 5-10fps
average fps sure, the issue with AMD is with 0.1% and 1% lows.
Where intel will be legit 40fps+ ahead of AMD in some games.

>op builds (gaming) build with b e t a c u c k s o y r5 shit psu and meh gpu and 23inch 16:9 screen with 144hz
>gets told repeatedly it's under powered
>b-but my old pc was shit
And so will this be in under a years time
Thankfully I don't play those games.
Only game that legit ran like shit was arma 3 when I tested it and some emulation
Literally every other game was perfect as fast if not faster than a 8700k
>op
>open source
>gaming
>Windows
Fuck off back to your coc unuchs general

>THEN WHY BUY A 144HZ MONITOR WHEN YOUR CPU AND GPU CAN NOT SPIT OUT THOSE HIGH FPS
Because the screen is high as fuck and when I get the 3D cube Compiz desktop running I don't want to experience stuttering.

Looks decent to me, good upgradeability with the mobo and the gpu is good enough for 1080p enjoy it man

>gaming on windows
pleb, you didn't think I would do that right

Attached: arch-nux-arch-4-19-for-your-pc-rare-linux-pepe-2562774.png (500x481, 27K)

>3D cube Compiz desktop
What is this 2010?
Just fucking alt tab
Again
> buying x470 a year after it came out
>good upgradability when am4 is dead next year and amd have already moved away from asmedia to their own chipset.
Holy fuck is everyone on Jow Forums dumb as a rock?
Zen 2 is the end of the line for am4 by next year
That's not good upgradability at all.
Only ones who won where the Zen 1 fags who had a x370 and maklybe some early Zen 2000 series fags like me
For a board that dicksucks amd so much you don't know that much about them

>Literally every other game was perfect as fast if not faster than a 8700k
you must play some really shit games mate.

>AMD cpu
>AMD gpu
>take an extra step to ensure AS LOW PERFORMANCE AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE by gaming on Shitnux
Enjoy your 45 fps

144hz looks good in everything, nigger
even browsing feels way smoother

u jelly?

Attached: Aufkleber_Trollface.jpg (380x380, 28K)

HAHAHAHAHA SHITTY POOPOO AMD CUM BUM BAD
INTEL INCEL INSIDE GUD WOWE 250WATTS 100C DEGREES CELCUIS AT 5GHZ JUST TO GET 15 EXTRA FPS AHHWHAHEWHEHAHEHAHHDSHHAHE
OMD WOWE 14NM+++++ WHAT IS MELTDOWN WHAT IS SPECTRE
7NM? WHO THE FUCK CARES HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH
12 16 32+ CORES? WHO CARES HAHAHRWHEAE BUY 9999XE AT AUCTION FOR 9999USD THANKYOU INCEL MMMMM SLURP SLURPING
AHEM FUCK AMD FUCK COMPETITION AND FUCK YOU FUCK ME

Attached: Kpkivgs.png (1393x946, 224K)

look at all of this coping.

>IPS for perfect visuals
>IPS
>perfect visuals
Excuse me?

This has to be some elaborate troll by op
Oh sick he can play 5 vulkan games that don't run like poo just as fast as Windows and has to emulate the rest
Hope you only watch 24fps videos
Again I have a 2700x why do I give a fuck.

This ips is aids for blacks and only decent at bright shit.
Playing dark games or media is a blur fest

So a VA is better?

We've really fallen, haven't we?

Attached: absolute state of -g-.png (630x249, 80K)

>This has to be some elaborate troll by op
No, I'm doubting if I will install Windows. Why would I harm my newly got system with American spyware, lol what drugs are you taking?

I mean, I don't even try to compare it with AMOLED... VA is better in any possible way for the same or lower price. There's only one thing where IPS is acceptable and sometimes even good — and it's a fucking smartphones.

Nope I tried some out their the worst parts of tn (faded colours) combined with ips (shit blacks) and have their own problems like shit viewing angles and horrible response times.
Some panels like op try to fix this but overdriving the panel and using backlight strobing but that washes out the colours even more just to get half decent motion response
Lcd sucks ass at blacks and white to black to white it always will.
Only tech I saw that doesn't is plasma CRT and oled all with their own issues.
I'm more pissed he's trying game on Linux like he's some sort of (gentooman) when code of conduct made Linux unironically worse than Windows ios and shitbumpoo combined

>hey check out my gayming gear guise

Attached: 1531536214089.png (434x327, 43K)

Yes, exactly. But get it right, do not search for garbage — there's plenty of shitty IPS and VA displays. Try to find something good in one price range, and VA will be better: at colours, at angles, at power usage etc.

This has to be a troll I'm laughing my fat face off mate
>open source software that never gets audited somehow is considered more secure than closed source
Why? Linux desktops will always be shit for gaming
Nah I have a 2 year amoled and it's aging like wine no burn in no weird issues whatsoever
Came from ips screens fucking hated them terrible in the daytime and shit blacks at night (low brightness)
Tn ips and va will always be shit.
Not even memeshit like local dimming solved the problem
It's either xled non backlit or nothing
To be fair the controllers in regular screens suck ass for high refresh stuff.
If there was a cheap non gamer styled ro monitor that had good blacks and 100hz+ I'd buy it buy they don't exist

OLED panels is a bit expensive and not really necessary. I'm fine with my dirt cheap GW2270. All I'm saying — IPS is garbage by default and it belongs to the trashbin.

ni...
razer mouse kys

This
Should have got a 502

What is your amoled panel, is it a monitor or tv

>chink roomba
I see you're a man of culture as well

5" oppo r11
I thought we where talking about phones

Why build a ""GAMING PC"" if you're not gonna get the parts that actually suited to ""GAMING"". I.e. Intel and Nvidia. Fucking pajeet

>open source software that never gets audited somehow is considered more secure than closed source
Actually, there is a league of autists around the world who audit Linux, who audits Windows? A pajeet for some rupees, das rite.
>Linux desktops will always be shit for gaming
Wrong, two words 'Steam Proton'
Also
>an operating system that puts the user in administrator access all the time is safer than an OS that greatly restricts root access
Are you tripping?

What, it seemed comfy

nah im just a random, building a pc soon and torn between ips and va, to be honest all the lcds sound like shit so its hard to choose

Maybe because it's actually a hackers PC, das rite.

Attached: IMG_20190125_155621304.jpg (3264x1836, 1.34M)

This is why you dont get laid user
Unless you wear it to rape

it is

F O F
FRAME ON FLOOR

can't be a hackers PC, you don't have an HHKB. You bought gaymer peripherals, that speaks for itself.

*arch*

>amd

Attached: 1548158193068.jpg (501x520, 60K)

>AMD

Attached: 1533223042772.png (657x539, 110K)

Enjoy the feeling because in a week you will feel empty again.

>being bro with niggers
absolute state of shintel shills

>copetel

Attached: 1548346147305.png (1078x1304, 284K)

That CX is a decent budget PSU
And their RX and AX are great

enjoy your build user

>trollface
>jelly
you have to be over 18 to post here

>code of conduct made Linux unironically worse than Windows ios and shitbumpoo combined
huh ? did some coc i've never seen turn the kernel into some closed down NT-based clusterfuck when i wasn't looking ?
no it didn't, you failed fucking abortion, my gentoo still works fine

You better have a Radeon on order for that Ryzen punk

OP give me your AMD game code

Dunno how its coping when intel is the best at gaming atm

>the only thing you can do on a computer is start a game
yikes

This bot has malfunctioned.

Manjaro i3
>best drivers
>uses AUR
>you'll never go back after using a window manager
>so easy to change songs if you game and listen to music

>Dunno how
Clearly.

>Or you could just not be an autist and play vidya at home.
>Fuck playing games portable the controls always suck
I often see certain friends of mine play together vidya on Switch in college. Looks kinda fun, although both the controllers and screen are pretty small for playing together.

GOOD PICK

>corsair
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA