Firefox

Daily reminder that since November 2017 there is NO WAY to use a local page with js or css as your newtab on Firefox and IT IS NOT getting fixed.

bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1460412

Attached: .jpg (799x652, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ftp.mozilla.org/
bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=711955
recaptcha-demo.appspot.com/recaptcha-v3-request-scores.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>since November 2017
Uh?!? Version 52 ESR does not have this problem.

>Version 52 ESR
it's also vulnerable since it no longer get updates

>Daily reminder
ok, i'll read it tomorrow.

>and IT IS NOT getting fixed.

It is if you just do it yourself. Firefox is open source and free. Don't be so entitled and expect everyone else to drop more important work for your obscure features.

>vulnerable
To what? State the issue that concerns you.

INB4 you won't because there is none.

>changing newtab page is an obscure feature
kek

>It is if you just do it yourself
not unless I fork it the project it won't
that's just the last bugzilla bugreport I could find on this several of previous ones were closed WONTFIX because the developers don't want the feature

>current year
>still bothering with failfox
just switch to a browser that does not assume user to be completly braindead

You fucking retard. They intentionally block the CSS and JS of local pages you try to use as a newtab, this is not the case a bug that I can just fix and submit a pull request

you can read the patch notes yourself

Brave doesn't have this problem.

Nobody fucking cares about that. Just fork the browser and do it yourself if it bothers you that much

>He doesn't know how to disable the blocking of resources
>He doesn't know how to manually inject things into omni.ja

Embarrassing.

Remember when open source was about taking personal responsibility for the features you want instead of just a means to attract useless whiners who only want free things?

>as your new tab
So use it as your home tab, you idiot. If you're that autistic you can redirect about:blank to your home page and it won't be affected by this.

>literally unable to mention a single issue
Riveting story.
Come back to me once you are able to exploit one of those [non-existing] vulnerabilities in 52 ESR.

>I'll just use this ancient version of Firefox to avoid having to deal with this browser I disagree with!

Attached: vfr.png (500x648, 778K)

>ancient version
Excuse me? The build I'm using is from yesterday.
>avoid having to deal with this browser I disagree with
Who are you quoting? Are you OK, friend?

>Deluded enough to believe that Firefox 52 ESR is [invulnerable] to a variety of [issues] that have been [patched] in newer versions.

Oh no no no no no no no

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Watashi ni Tenshi ga Maiorita! - 03 [1080p]_00_14_12_0001.png (1920x1080, 1.82M)

Only the problem that Brave is easier to fingerprint than Chrome meaning your entire browsing history is even easier to pickup for Google than with Chrome itself.

But yea I am a shill that's why you don't try it out yourself

>still unable to mention just a single one of these vulnerabilities that apparently are a thing if you believe in [citation needed]
Interesting, very interesting.

Attached: Image.gif (500x282, 1.16M)

You fucking retard, using anything but vanilla firefox makes it easier to fingerprint you
>m-muh I use 100 addons
Yes that's exactly why your browser is unique
Fingerprinting is bad only if you're retarded enough to use your own fingerprint
Brave may be uniquely fingerprinted but if it's a different one every time then what's the fucking point?
Have fun when firefox and chromium BTFO ublock and umatrix and brave is the only option you have (unless for some reason waterfox is still actively patched, who knows)

>implying i want anything on my new tab page

New tab should be about:blank

>Have fun when firefox and chromium BTFO ublock and umatrix and brave is the only option you have
lol brave is based on chromium, firefox is not. Brave is the one who's more likely to get rid of ublock

Brave is *based* onchromium, but it has a competent dev team, unlike firefox
See my point?

It literally uses Chromium, unless they want to fork it. The Firefox team has explicitly stated they're not gonna break any adblockers. I'm sure Brave would be plenty happy to just keep mining people's bitcoins with or without ublock.

soooo use an online one?

>mining people's bitcoins
But it doesn't
Oh I get it, you're just trolling now

Brave literally has a payment system where it rewards content creators by mining bitcoins when you visit sites. Then it "anonymizes" it and gives it to the content creators. Of course, since it's anonymized, they conveniently can't return the mined coins to the original users because 99% of people don't accept this Brave payment system. So they keep the money.

set up a http server on localhost
/thread

opt-in

>calling a huge open source project a "Piece of shit" because they deprecated one obscure feature
Your entitlement is astounding man you sound like a brat.

Attached: stallman-freedom.png (954x634, 139K)

This Eich slut is here again, isn't it?

Wanna add up how many "obscure" features they deprecated, in favor of even more obscure forced shits that noone wants?
Removing RSS support but keeping pocket for instance?

Why not just replace newTab.xhtml in omni.ja with your own?

who said vanilla or thousand add-ons?
You just prove how retarded you are.

Firefox has built in content blocking no add-on required (Brendan stole most of the code even from it) and you just need to toggle one single about config flag in Firefox (resistFingerprinting) and you literally have the exact tor fingerprint i.e. non unique.

I M amazed how much b.s. people spread just because of ignorance. Instead of talking go read manuals. Brave themselves state in their faq and the issue tracker that if you want to be anonymous with a guarantee you should not use Brave but Tor (or i.e. Firefox with Tor fingerprint)

Haha, you think OP would do anything besides complain on the bug tracker?

I see "connection failed to gads ganalytics" etc constantly in Firefox console and I have not a single add-on installed. Also I have a non unique fingerprint contrary to brave again with not a single add-on installed.

Instead of uselessly talking like a typical American you should rather read manuals. But surely 5 minutes of reading is harder than 5 hours of useless discussions

>Firefox has built in content blocking no add-on required
Am I missing something? I'm blocking trackers with the strict Disconnect.me list and all cookies, but that's not nearly enough to replace uBlock Origin.

Yes because if you have no addons then your fingerprint isn't unique as there's a pool with fuck knows how many people with the same hardware specs from the US and vanilla firefox

>using anything but a blank white page

>there is NO WAY
You dumb fucking whiner. The source code is OPEN. You could've added it already instead of dumb-posting.

>it's also vulnerable since it no longer get updates
Bitch I use a very old version of firefox and nothing has happened to me.

Nice story, /g

Regarding the cubicle niggers who so much love to push the latest and greatest versions of fuckzillas... READ THE FUCKING CHANGELOG

From 52 E.S.R. onwards, do the bugs affect you? Also, the bugs affecting you can be closed by other means (on other OSI layers than the apllication layer where fuckzillas sit?) Once you have answered, you can keep shilling fuckzillas post-52 E.S.R.

otherwise, keep glowing, NIGGERS

Attached: amandakleinman.jpg (2048x2048, 530K)

You can't disable those unless you're planning on compiling the thing. I'm not going to all that trouble when I can just another browser

Doesn't work either.

>just host a webserver so you can have a normal functionality any browser can provide
No

Doesn't work

just switched from chrome to firefox ESR 60.4
any good extensions I'd be unaware of coming from chrome?

>just patch and compile this browser with every new update so you can have a normal feature they removed to serve you ads on about:newtab
No

>you need a web server to host a static page
it's not like they're offered for free

I've been doing it for years.

and get an up to date version from ftp.mozilla.org/ ffs

Attached: 2019.png (275x550, 444K)

Sure you have, user. It still won't allow js or css. But sure you have.

>anything besides 2RC1 and beyond
wew

Remember when you could actually work on your own car?

3.6.24 was the higher point reached, maybe surpassed by 12.18 Opera.

We Palemoon now, until K-Meleon project gets refreshed.

thanks

>Wanna add up how many "obscure" features they deprecated
No I don't because it doesn't bother me. You however seem very bothered so feel free to do the research and report back to me. I'm waiting, and you better not half ass it

I don't have to do any research, I dumped firefox and according to a chart that's 1 google search away, so has pretty much everyone else
Enjoy your shitshow of a browser brainlet

But so obviously a scam. "We donate money to content creators!" (but sssh we keep 99% of it)

Apparently it's not a scam if even someone like you can find the exact numbers
A scam is when noone tells you about it and you can't find out about it, you know

Disagree, lots of things are scams and people figure it out. Some people just don't figure it out.

So how is a company keeping any amount of money they want out of a product you opt-in willingly to, a scam?
Are you a commie?

Yes, like firefox

If they mislead their customers, they are scams. I am a libertarian. I don't think it should be illegal. I don't even think pyramid scams should be illegal (although I don't care enough to vote on that particular issue). I just have no problem making people aware they are scams.

nice psyop kike.

I could swear I was using a custom page as my homepage just a few months ago

People gravitated to Chrome after it was advertised everywhere and bundled with everything. No one but a few fags like you are really complaining about Firefox - the masses just don't know better. The only really bad part of the whole thing is that Mozilla doesn't realize this.

That being said, RSS and similar shit that few use and can be replaced with 3rd party programs/addons should be removed if it means making the browser leaner; it's something we need. The new tab page modding got removed because of malware apparently, I personally think it's bullshit.
For me, it's not even about the actual money being moved around here, it's about principle. We don't need a browser that does this shit and we don't want Google 2.0 either.

You might still be, just not a local one or if local not one with css or js.

Maybe read documentation or simply his post?

Firefox has a toggle called resistFingerprinting. This toggle, contrary to Brave, actually works as it makes Firefox look identical to Tor and disables everything else that cannot be spoofed.

Now even if you'd be the sole person visiting a website with this toggle enabled it'd be irrelevant since nobody could identify you.

>not nearly enough

enable first party.isolate in about config

everything that is not blocked by the strict list gets encapsulated making it irrelevant anyway (though you need to have a non unique fingerprint for this i.e. you need to also enable resistFingerprinting)

you still can

>he doesn't know that Firefox leaks an unique id if you have addons installed
Nice fingerprint protection you got there

Just not an actual page with JavaScript or CSS.
And it doesn't even auto select and clear the url

that's wrong.

>resistFingerprinting
If this preference even works, doubt.
>makes firefox look identical to tor
So instead of hiding amongst the masses, have a target painted on you and make your profile even more trackable.

Go ahead and prove your claim.

This.
It's why you should only use suckless software.
Also you should stop using Firefox, it's bloated. Just use surf and mod it with the patches you want.

>firefox SJW cancer
>chrome botnet cancer
>every other browser is pure shit

what a time to be alive

It cannot be fixed that way. I've already said that to to you over and over but you keep replying to the same post

SJW cancer > botnet cancer > SJW botnet cancer

Daily reminder that Chromefags are losing the ability to block ads

>since November 2017 there is NO WAY to use a local page with js or css as your newtab on Firefox
But it IS possible.

Vulnerable to replacing the new tab page with a local page that looks the same but logs your keystrokes.

I run lighttpd on localhost and never noticed it.

What I did notice is Chrome's implementation of mix-blend-mode: multiply has been broken since APRIL 2017.
bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=711955

>something you don't use or care about it fucking broken
I'll think about that the next time I open a new tab and it's blank like it should be

You just need to self host binding on localhost only
i don't remember the name of the server, lighttpd maybe, it use like a couple of mb of ram
you can also use whatever language you want this way, works for me

never had to fix someone pc because "google was strange" aka their homepage was replaced with an adaware one?

You don't even need that, you can use a userchrome xml to bind the newtab page to a local file. It allows the use of external css and js files and keeps the location bar clear, just like with the normal newtab page.

Got a link to a tutorial?
Wouldn't ask if I'd find it on my own.

Are you dumb or something? Tors fingerprint makes you unidentifiable. Even if you are the only person ever to visit a website with a Tor fingerprint it is irrelevant since no information can be deduce about your system. That is the sole point of Tor.

Also if you doubt it works (You can easily test it against open source scripts) then you should also distrust Tor and according to that logic Brave should be the biggest botnet since Brave only spoofs 5% of what resist spoofs. Both are open source simply compare it for yourself.

You are aware Chrome (and anything based on Chrome i.e. Brave) have the same problem? This is a logical problem in the way web browsers are designed.

Anyway I do not have a single add-on installed but I am non unique (according to Open source scripts and according to Google's score) and I am untrackable due to Firefox container tAbs. You dint need any add-ons if the functionality is baked in (i.e. implemented in C) the browser. Your explanation is also the reason why Brave fails fingerprinting tests so miserably. Their fp protection is implemented as a simple JS plugin.

It is funny since it is always the people with the least amount of information that cry the most. Maybe go read some online documents. Specifically read Tors and Google's information on why anything based on WebKit cannot stop fingerprinting and why only Tor (or i.e. Firefox in Tor mode) can block it (resistFP and Container hello)

so? who cares? still the best browser

If you doubt resist working we know both that you are a brainlet (it is open source) and you distrust Tor. at that point you have already lost the game.

Remember even Brave says in their faq if you need "true" anonymity there is no way other than Tor browser.
But hey what is reading lets rather spread misinformation.

Wow how many idiots are in this threadI Especially the Brave shills are the most brainlets.

You idiots can all easily test whether fingerprinting protections work or not.

Try to solve captcha with your browser. If you have Chromium or Brave (or anything based on WebKit generally), or stock Firefox it is rather easy to solve captcha.

Now try to solve a captcha with Tor or Firefox with resistFingerprinting enabled. Literally impossible to solve captcha anymore.

Your browser gets assigned a value of "how likely is this browser malicious" by Google and for that it gets fingerprinted. Only makes sense for Google then to block non unique fingerprints but allow targets it can easily fingerprint (i.e. any browser but Tor/Firefox)

Dear "anonymous" friends,

Neither having shit ton on privacy addon nor lack of addons not make your browser fingerprint unique. Cloudfare, Amazon, Facebook and Google is in most site, from JS/CSS/font/server/api and whatnot services.

I am posting this from a retarded version of firefox so google lets me pass through captcha. All of you who were able to post/comment here were able to satisfy google in it's ability to fingerprint you. If you have a decent setup (even with JavaScript enabled), google wouldn't have let you post here.

Noscript captcha works fine. You are correct in that everyone is fingerprintable given enough effort, but this effort is not exerted in most cases.

Even with the lowest captcha confidence score you can still solve captcha, they just make it harder for you.
recaptcha-demo.appspot.com/recaptcha-v3-request-scores.php
You can use noscript captcha which only requires one successful captcha. Takes about 5 seconds to fill in.