Room Flooded

Room just flooded due to piss-poor Canadian weather. None of my battlestation was directly exposed to water. The room is super damp, though. I’m wondering if the moisture will adversely affect my PC or peripherals, or if simply leaving everything to air/using compressed air will suffice. Currently, industrial fans are blowing in the room to dry it out. Super dusty, which is a whole other issue.

Attached: E48B5D9A-AC37-407B-B4F1-14706A3F9850.jpg (3264x2448, 1.57M)

Attached: 277314CA-D1C4-4845-9C10-D98D8B583289.jpg (3264x2448, 1.7M)

>canuck cuck
>steel series
>geforce GTX
>logitech G710+
>posting from iphone
>can't even orient pictures properly
checks out.
my advice is don't post on this board for a couple years, and remember a thread died for this. next time post this shit in the "stupid questions general" - check the catalog. you know how to do that, right?

You'll probably be just fine. I live in Florida and if an airconditioner breaks shit gets humid fast in the summer.

My main concern if I was you would be mold in the walls. How much water got in? Where did it come from?

Drywall soaks up water fast and it goes into the insulation. They should have holes cut in your drywall and hoses running in with dryers at the very least, but if you are going to live there a long time - I'd say replace the drywall and insulation.

Make sure to get a mold inspector out there after they say it is "dry"

>zoom zoom's gaymerstation got wet and he can't play fortnite
Just floss extra hard to increase airflow and your room will be bone dry in no time.

Thanks for the response. It was a moderate amount of water. Not sure what they figured out, as far as the walls. They’ll be back in three days to check things out again. I’m going to move everything out of the room for the time being.

If you are renting, make sure to tell your landlord you want a mold inspection. That is far from unreasonable to request.

Am renting. Landlord is pretty involved. They doubt mould, but the water was not unsubstantial. They’re redoing the floor now, so I’ll be out of the room for a couple of weeks. Good point

Why are you such an angry faggot?

OP. System will likely be fine assuming the cleaning guys didn't spray water everywhere. However you might want to buy some dessciant pouches and throw them inside your case for a couple days before you boot it again just to be on the safe side.

>They’re redoing the floor now, so I’ll be out of the room for a couple of weeks
Landlord here. This shit should not take more than a few days to turn around. The last time I had a flood (from a tenant being an idiot and flushing chicken bones down the toilet), I had a flood remediation company in there after 24 hours and the whole thing was fixed within 4 days. I wouldn't worry about mold too much, drywall doesn't get moldy. The paper on the drywall does, but as long as you dry it out with heaters and fans, you should be fine. Also your computer will be fine.

I don't like whiny tenants but fuck, WEEKS out of the room? Those are weeks that you're paying for. Hold the fire to their asses.

>muh threads
worse than reddit
>le chan culture

I actually hadn’t thought of that. That’s a great idea. Thanks!

>drywall doesn't get moldy
the insulation is what gets fucked, and the drywall soaks up water like crazy and then wets the insulation. like the other guy said he needs a mold inspection

Attached: adaea109-6e98-49a8-b696-6a41f1ccfe3c-c48e4d5cc39b25b0e3752133f80fdc3d37833fd39da40bda078866cd178c3db (970x582, 74K)

Flood happened Wednesday night, so their turnaround has been pretty good so far. Floor work hasn’t been arranged, so I am being safe by saying a couple weeks. The first time they did the floor, it took a little longer because they did it themselves, but they decided to go professional this time. I definitely try not to be whiny

Don't be a dick, but be assertive. It's not your landlords fault that this happened, but you are entitled to a full fix. You need to get a mold certificate, which is no big deal. I imagine this is multiple units? I think it costs like 300 bucks for a mold inspection and I'm sure this is going on his insurance anyways.

Don't be a dick, but also don't be a pussy.

More like piss-poor Canadian building

Noted. Very close relationship with them because they’re my roommate’s parents. Three of us share the house. It’s a regular sitcom. I’ll definitely watch my wording

True. Shame I don’t live in an igloo or fur trading lodge. We can’t build houses for shit

Holy shit user is right u r a shitposter. Complain to ur landlord and make it their problem. Act like youll sue and fake a couugh like u conracted bacteria menengitits or even worse aids. Then they will get it fixed

Attached: 1548429653845.jpg (2048x1536, 711K)

>a thread died for this
>bumps offending thread to ensure another one falls off the board

Attached: 268zj7.jpg (645x729, 32K)