Linux = problems

SO I decided to dual boot some lubuntu for the SPEED and MOMENTUM , but as usual, I just end up with booting and partitioning problems for like 3 hours,

Then after that I have update and version issues for 1 hour,

Have to figure out why my earphones doesnt work by downloading and configuring 100 different programs in GUI and terminal for 3 more hours.

This is just to watch some videos on the internet.

This happens every time I install any linux stuff.

Linux distros are just permanent configuration/problem solving puzzle systems, lmao

Explain urselfs linux fanfrogs?

Attached: 923u1923.png (522x747, 116K)

works on my machine

getting audio to work in a Linux distro is a right of passage, user

>this happens any time i install linux stuff
learn how to google to fix your problems and stop being braindead

>t. POO

PEBKAC.

Linux is a kernel, not an OS.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

LITERALLY THE SAME SYSTEMS AHHHHHHHHH

Attached: 32893123.jpg (808x805, 177K)

I think I sacrificed a virgin to the Linux gods in a prior life. Otherwise I can't explain why my Linux is so positive. I used Ubuntu, Fedora, LXLE, Trisquel and OpenSUSE on several machines and never had any major problems (with the exception of missing drivers for Trisquel and no touchscreen support for a Surface Pro 4, but I already knew that beforehand).
Dual-booting from the same HDD or SSD? No problem. Getting wifi to work? No problem (except Trisquel as already mentioned). Audio? Always worked ootb. Getting proprietary Nvidia drivers to work? No problem. CUDA? No problem.

This is overall rather typical of Linux past 2010 or so. Only GPU drivers and very exotic devices had a srs tendency to be fucked 1 year after the respective hardware release.

And even in this regard Intel and AMD are really rather pleasant now.

Tl;Dr: Same for me and the quite many machines I used Linux live mode on.

Works on my machine.

sounds like a (You) problem. maybe look into adult education classes to improve your reading comprehension?

I literally never had an audio problem on any distro I tried and I tried Debian, Arch, Solus, MX, Ubuntu, openSUSE, you name it. Never had any problems dual booting too, is that hard to install grub on the MBR of a hard drive? Most distros do that shit automatically and even ask where you want it

I don't know what you're doing but you're obviously doing something very wrong, unless this is just bait.

works on my machine. maybe you just suck with computers?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-01-25_22-25-57.png (1920x1080, 2.11M)

Literally me.
All recent distros are so easy.
Getting the sound to work in Quake 2 back on mandrake sucked though. Took me like 3 days.

>SO I decided to dual boot some lubuntu for the SPEED and MOMENTUM , but as usual, I just end up with booting and partitioning problems for like 3 hours,
The installer literally does this for you, why are you fucking with the boot manager settings?
>Then after that I have update and version issues for 1 hour,
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
>Have to figure out why my earphones doesnt work by downloading and configuring 100 different programs in GUI and terminal for 3 more hours.
Google [earphone brand] not working on [distro]
If you take 3 hours to read one article you might have more problems than just a screwed driver
>This is just to watch some videos on the internet.
Your browser does this by default
>This happens every time I install any linux stuff.
There is something fundamentally wrong with your process then
>Linux distros are just permanent configuration/problem solving puzzle systems, lmao
only if you're changing configs and creating problems constantly
>Explain urselfs linux fanfrogs?
Install Gentoo

Attached: 1544537753163.jpg (1125x1476, 283K)

>The installer literally does this for you, why are you fucking with the boot manager settings?
lmao trusting the auto partitioning,, I wouldnt be surprised if it just overwrote or corrupted my windows os partition for some reason cause my computer is an old ass shitty laptop.
>sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
actual useful info PogU, cant remebmer all this shit.
>Google [earphone brand] not working on [distro]
Im pretty sure I am literally the only human on earth that has ran this version of lubuntu and a pair of random ass earphones in a jack on a shitty laptop that barely works lmao
>Your browser does this by default
I mean videos are kinda shit without sound m8
>There is something fundamentally wrong with your process then
yes, I dont trust auto partitioning that doesnt give any image or info than NEXT button lmao, never again with that shit.
>only if you're changing configs and creating problems constantly
but I HAVE TO CHANGE SHIT for every single config I make lmao, Need to use [insert any software or harware here] ? Better google on forums for random homemade code that ur expected to already understand and understand all directories its supposed to be in lmao
>Install Gentoo
im on it senpai

Sunday night I literally downloaded partitioned installed and updated 18.04 on a Windows 10 install in 45 minutes and actually thought to myself “wow that was so easy with how ubuntu installs grub for you”. The hardest part was dealing with the oddly designed and unsalable boot order menu on this mobo and figuring out which USB ports the BIOS was seeing. Software part was a breeze. Try harder.

Nothing ever works on linux. This fags are just used to it, but it shouldn't be that way. It's fucked up, they just don't see it

>as usual, I just end up with booting and partitioning problems for like 3 hours
That's not ubuntus fault. You should have used a separate hard drive if you're incapable of dual booting.
>the rest of the post
LMAO those are all windows exclusive issues, ubuntu doesn't do this.

>I wouldnt be surprised if it just overwrote or corrupted my windows os partition
>hes dual booting with wingdows

found the source of your problems, you're a stinky gamer

Attached: 1420911446220.png (600x543, 332K)

I feel you

>lubuntu for the SPEED and MOMENTUM ,
We've been telling you. Arch or Gentoo.

Works for me. Openbsd right after install.
Open browser, go to youtube, videos play with audio.
Ubuntu is a special kind of retarded.

>SO I decided to dual boot
Mistake #1
>configuring 100 different programs in GUI
Mistake #2
It literally works for everyone else.
Ever stop to wonder why you're the only one who can't keep their shit straight?

Attached: 100_to_fuck_off.jpg (500x375, 25K)

I'm sorry, but you need at least an IQ of 90 to use GNU/Linux.

ITT faggots who are too dumb to work a computer, RTFM, or Google efficiently

If you regularly have to spend this much time on installing any OS, why are you even on a technology board? :^)