C++ is for people who want to program in C but failed their data structures class

C++ is for people who want to program in C but failed their data structures class

Attached: 1517460514083.gif (467x398, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

unironically yes

That's what an amateur C/C++ programmer would say, OP

Nah dude, C++ is for people who started programming as a six-year-old because they wanted to write their own video game.
C++ lets you call C and Assembly within its compilers, so it's superior in every way.

If you took a class on data structures you're a fucking moron. Just Google it pleb.

C++ was a prank to guarantee job security

Attached: 1539475890985.png (1423x2643, 255K)

Taking a class gives you a better understanding desu. If you ever took classes you'd understand. I took a data structures class well over a decade ago but could probably still explain how most of the main shit works. Googling it and you can get your shit to work once but will you actually learn it?

Can confirm this

You're that retard who brags about being self taught and not needing college while working web dev, aren't you?

I'm going to school for infosec. Computer Science is a scam.

Holy shit is this real life? Is this satire?

Post source or gtfo

rate my CS program g

Attached: cs.png (827x803, 92K)

InfoSec is garbage tier business tier shit
Source: took a class in it (got an A)

looks similar to mine from 2005 from school that was striving for some sort of accreditation.

For me, I failed at assembly class. Young me just couldn't grok it but since then I think I get it a lot better

>No calc 3
>No linear
>No discrete
>No networking classes

yikes i thought Washington State University had a bad program

My data structures class was in c++.

ISU is worse, we do DS in Java

It’s an ancient satire piece you brainlets

You got a math minor for that? I feel scammed.

CS is a joke...

it's ABET accredited, not sure if that even makes a difference though

yeah that's the one

here’s mine (uci) this is just the lower div though... the upper div stuff is another three screenshots long

Attached: 283D01DF-961E-4E86-A3DE-12073B1085F8.png (750x1334, 378K)

R8

Attached: Academic Transcript - birthdate removed.png (1036x2761, 479K)

did you just give up on those last few terms? geez

yeah dude I contracted autism and was afraid to leave the dorm room except to get beers lol

>he dropped out
what the fuck happened in spring 2008 that you just completely shat your pants? And what are you doing now?

Part of me wanted to believe...

this Now I work in Target and am going to a community college where I got straight As last semester

You use the same transcript viewing software as my uni and I feel tainted by your autism

banner is pretty standard afaik

sounds comfy af. I finished my degree and have an enterprise "developer" job now, every day I wish I could go back to my Target job

>calc 2, linear algebra and intro to probability
>a math minor
wew lad

>C/C++ as second language

Attached: 1529446927708.jpg (960x731, 122K)

I got 100% in data structures and algorithms 1/2 and I prefer C++ because it's more powerful. Oops.

pajeet/10

jokes on your my data structures classes were in java and python which is objectively worsse than c++

>boss
lmaoing at your unis autism

my autism

Attached: Screenshot_2019-01-26 Academic Transcipt.png (2031x9342, 1.5M)

You go to Drexel University. Who are you faggot?

I'm sad and broken : )))))

Yeah me too buddy. I recognize Drexel's shitty HTML/CSS anywhere

You're right, but I thought that it was a standard shitty banner thing.

>metaprogramming language
>cannot properly do metaprogramming without using macros

why do people use this garbage as anything but C with class is beyond me

Who was your most hated cs/math professor there?

C is for people too dumb to learn a language if everything you need to know about it can't fit in 200 words or less.

Stay mad, sonny!

Attached: 1518374628029.png (376x341, 57K)

Bruce Char, he's a fucking piece of shit

He's smiles for miles though.

It lolled me how he would smile while telling kids they were failing and there was no way they could pass.

But, yeah. I think he really wished he could have been teaching CS at Berkley or something instead of drexhell, so he would make his OOP assignments ACM competition problems, which most students couldn't solve anyway, and make them OOP autism it out.

His dad died during my class, was the happiest I felt all term when I had him

>Promise me you'll publish this. My conscience is getting the better of me these days
My favorite part of the meme pasta

>classes
>programming

>CLASSES

Oh boy.

If you study anything programming related you are NOT going to make it. Holy shit.

I passed data structures with a high grade and I use modern C++. Get fucked.

Attached: 1519927607836.jpg (1024x1536, 289K)

>animeposter
>full of shit
Checks out

Beginner. Should I legitimately start with C/C++ or are you memeing me?

Lmao no argument

If you like dick, Javascript will be more your speed

You can write very elegant or very messed up C++. If you restrict yourself to C-only features, you write elegant C++. If you use C++ features, you write fycked up shit.

Then why not just use C?

C++ is embracing the abuse of the preprocessor as fuel for your journey. In C++ macro abuse has become the language and has been extended into the compiler itself. Also C++ cuts out much of the tedium of writing C code. Sure, you can make your code fucking illegible with improper use of operator overloading, but you can do some nasty shit in C too. I only knew C for so many years, but after finally sitting down and learning C++ the convenience is just fantastic.

Attached: Lain Art (794).jpg (600x760, 48K)

Exactly

Because you are using a C++ compiler anyway ? You have to go out of your way to use pure C compiler.

Based user.
I can't believe there are people who don't like the idea of object orientation.

C++ highly discourages macro use, retard.

ok ok I'll learn c++

C++ does not imply OOP.

templates are totally not macros

They aren't.

How do I use co-routines or async in C?

retarded poiple driling siege but cannot see the door
for em maked a hole - C++

You don't. Thread are your OS's job, so C doesn't like to poke it's nose in other people's job. Those features are provided by POSIX if you are curious.

C++ is literally what it is named, an incrementally improved version of C. In many cases, C is more appropriate than the additional offerings of the C++ language, since no advantage is offered by the latter.
In many cases it's much easier to use c++ than it is to use c to solve some problem though, though anything can be done with either language with high IQ, patience, and effort.
Since so many people shill for both you can get a job learning either.
But for real, non portable c++ is the superior language and you should learn it like it's the god bible of programming languages.
>Templates
>Function/Method overloading
>You don't have to fake inheritance or polymorphism with bs
>exceptions
And chart.
A master of C can do ANYTHING that anyone can do with a programming language, with enough effort.
But a person learning c++ can do way cooler stuff way faster than a person learning c. The truth is you must learn and master both. c++ is easier to learn and has c lite as part of learning it.

Attached: c++ > c every day all day every hour all hour every minute all minute every second all second lon (637x289, 1K)

Yes it does.

C is a 40 year old language that thankfully is being replaced by other languages. Rust has been making inroads and Kotlin is slowly following behind

Why is the age of a low level programming language a detraction of it?
Can you cite examples of where Rust is used to replace C? Machine language has not changed, so unless Rust changes machine language, it's unlikely that it's anything special.

Rustlets are a special kind of autistic

>Mozilla's cancer SJW programming language will replace C/C++11
No, it's written in C/C++11.

retarded people (like (You)) driling siege but cannot see the door
for em maked a hole - C++

Rust compiler is written in Rust, dummy.

Do you think that there have been no good ideas in other languages since the creation of C? C being as old as it is a liability.

You can say that about HTML and C++ too.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin
is over 2000Y, still superior

Before you get to that point, it's written in c++, dummy. Similarly, C was originally written in Assembly. Rust 'can't' be written in rust, because then it'd be assembly. Rust is locked down and c isn't as well.
C/++ dominates competitive programming.
It is literally impossible for you to write a low level language like C, using C, at origin, because instead you'd be using a cross compiler that was compiled in another predecessor language.
Rust is locked down C/++, it slows development time and discourages finding cool ways to accomplish things. It's a programming language for NPCs. Its real name is "rustc" or as I like to say, "locked down rebranded c."

it's only a liability once machine language changes, but at that point rust will be a liability too.
I can understand Rust for safety, but not for competitive programming.

>it slows development time and discourages finding cool ways to accomplish things
These are opposites.

Finding cool ways to do things is for single programmers working on their college assignments.

It's just for any programmer who is free and working for himself user.

Nah, I'd rather emulate John Carmack than try and be a mediocre.

>C++ is literally what it is named, an incrementally improved version of C.
Going by your logic, in older compilers, C++ was slower than ++C. So, the naming alone suggests that the creators didn't know jack shit about speed and optimization and bloated features only to waste everyone's time.

>c with classes
>all that shit you just said

I learned both so big boomer

Attached: b2c.png (1000x861, 259K)

I'm not even a Rust user but nice mental gymnastics. You somehow deluded yourself into thinking Rust is written in C++. Sasuga.

a co-routine is not a thread and context switching between posix threads is slow as fuck

First for rust!

No, it's for people who care about actually getting shit done instead of reinventing the wheel every time.

This stopped being true years ago.
Well written C++ looks nothing like C.

not

C is for people who are too fat to shit in airplane bathrooms

Attached: noclass.jpg (301x168, 4K)