Given that all of the full-featured distros use systemd now, why should I ever bother with Linux...

Given that all of the full-featured distros use systemd now, why should I ever bother with Linux? If I'm going to be using a bloated OS anyway to cover all my use cases, why should I not just be using macOS or Windows?

Attached: 1393113276524[2].png (750x850, 805K)

Install MX Linux

or /ourdistro/

Attached: guixblue2.png (1176x991, 466K)

>2005
>even though launchd is good, we're not going to use it because Apple
>2010
>hey guys what if we reinvented launchd but worse

>199X
>the Windows model of bundling every dep with your binaries is terrible, good thing we're different
>201X
>hey guys what if docker, snap, appimage, ...

I'm convinced Linux distro maintainers are retarded. I can only hope other *nix systems or something new eats their marketshare eventually.
Maybe Fuschia or Genode will make it big and not be retarded.

OK, I'll try it and report back.

Attached: based_and_redpilled.gif (367x219, 523K)

>Maybe Fuschia or Genode will make it big and not be retarded.
PLEASE LET THIS HAPPEN HOLY SHIT

The next major OS as a Google product? Yes, that's exactly what we were looking for.

>202X
>any OS existing
have fun with your ChromeBox terminal to GoogleCloud

Fuschia is going to supplant at least Android eventually for obvious reasons.
And really if Genode keeps up their pace they may be able to convert people at an alarming pace. Simply due to the compatibility aspect.

ChromeOS is Linux based and already does a shitload of seamless integration between Linux native, LXC, and Android-emu.
A microkernel that can run other kernels and pass messages between them is hard to beat.
Literally just import your existing environment and add on anything new you want at no cost.
It's like a hyper hypervisor.

With Genode's latest announcements for Sculpt, I have a feeling it'll be quite usable in the near future.

OP here posting from MX Linux live USB.

Things I've noticed so far:

-systemd is installed but not handling init. just as a library for other things that depend on it. I understand the logic but I'm wary of it. I don't fully understand / have the time to probe what it's really allowed to do.

-they can't be bothered to get preview images working in the file picker? I thought we were past this a while ago.

-tearing. blame xfce I guess? another thing I thought was dealt already.

-audio / mixer actually works really well despite being based on pulseaudio.

-seems to handle .deb packages meant for ubuntu nicely.

-it has a good installer for nvidia proprietary drivers, which even attempts to set up bumblebee optimus, but the drivers themselves are very old.

Overall this looks promising, but the systemd components are sketchy.

Attached: puella_magi_madoka_magica-09-madoka-candy[1].jpg (1280x720, 81K)

>systemd is installed but not handling init
Have they got logind running to handle GNOME/KDE shit that relies on it?

Yes, among other things. Not sure how deep it goes.

Fuck you, I'm going to cling onto Slackware and if I must I'll switch to NetBSD or Gentoo.

Attached: slack29374982743.png (1440x900, 1.63M)

but isn't that the logo for Guix?

Yes. Gentoo is irrelevant in the current year.

OK, but what does that have to do with MX?

Guix is not linux iirc. it's gnu/some-other-kernal, right?
Why use GNU/whatever, when I could use GNU/Linux, which I can refer to by the very cool and catchy "Linux"?

Also, INSTALL VOID

I thought it used linux-libre.
>Also, INSTALL VOID
this desu, im surprised void wasnt even mentioned in the thread peior to this post.

isn't void dead since its creator disappeared and that other guy stole the donations?

Install Gentoo.

As long GuixSD makes it unnecessarily hard to install firmware, it can't be a competitor. Gentoo is still king.

Use Artix, Void, Gentoo, or Devuan.