Which one are you getting Jow Forums?

Which one are you getting Jow Forums?

Attached: 2018-12-07-image-20.jpg (1674x1080, 273K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PECVlvlQF3M
youtube.com/watch?v=wjVjHce8uME
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Will keep my 6950x (;

I'm quite happy with my 1700X.

I don't plan on upgrading until 4K 100+ FPS is commonplace.

Ryzen 3300 is more than enough, heck I won't even buy anything from any technology company now other than just internet bandwidth. Future is grim as fuck either way. It's good to see people buying stuff they don't need and get cucked financially.

No point in getting anything DDR4 now when DDR5 Threadrippers are coming end of the year

where the fuck are the official specs

If 3300x can reach 4.5 or more I'll get that one, If not I'll go for 3600x. I don't really care about 8/16 cpus, 6/12 is more than enough for me so I rather have higher clock speed.

If the specs hold up to rumor, the 3700X. I can't really justify any more cores for desktop use.

There has been a lot of specula about the 3600 being the CPU used to beat the 9900K at CES. It's even been calculated that it was running around 4Ghz as ES samples are usually running slower than final silicon based on power usage etc.

Big if true.

So ryzen 9 3850x is definitely confirmed for may?

I think I'll be replacing my C2Q Q9550 with R5 3600(x?) or R7 3700 next summer unless they manage to fuck up.

One of the 3600 ones, most likely.

None probably.

Well none of what's in op. I need some low power CPUs with igpu soon though.

one that works well in my Taichi X370 motherboard.

> TBA: CES

3300, 3300G or maybe 3600. Even 3300 sounds better than my current CPU so I'll probably end up getting that since it's 50W.

being this dumb

I really dont want to wait 5 months
What would you pick for gaymin and 3d rendering
2700x or i9 9900k?

2700x

R7 3700(X) depending on overclock ability vs price. I want my next PC to last 10 years like my current X58 one has.

is the 3850 still split numa node? ideally i want to upgrade my esxi box to something beefy like that. (currently an e5-2620v4)

nobody need more computing power than overclocked i5-2500k, right Jow Forumsoys?

NUMA only matters when there's more than one memory controller active in the system. With the cores and I/O on separate dies, there's only 1 memory controller, regardless of whether you're using Ryzen, Threadripper, or Epyc.

The architecture of this is more similar to a dual LGA 771 setup (cores feed into a common northbridge, which contains the memory controller(s)) vs an opteron/xeon setup (each set of cores has its own IMC and memory pool)

I'll get the top end 3600x

Since the rest is fabricated from ayyymds

>paying for internets

i9 9900K

I just barely bought a Threadripper 1950x, it was a good deal in my opinion. I'm waiting until the 4000 series of threadrippers to come out before I upgrade.

I use this threadripper to it's limits. I don't have good enough cooling to overclock it though. With stock frequencies, I max out the processor by running virtual machines and compiling. It's much more usable than the FX chip I used before though. 32 threads is absolutely amazing for running virtual machines on a quad-screen desktop. I still think it'd be better if I just had multiple processors, but consumer desktops have been moving away from multiple cpus for a long time now.

>DDR5

There is very little info on it except for it being released after 2020, at which point it will have a massive price tag attached to it as hundreds of data centers eat up the supply for months. Not to mention we don't know if they've doubled the prefetch or not. Hopefully not but doing that two generations in a row will be a feat.

Whichever one delivers the best single-thread performance, and if that performance is better than Intel's for once, because devs are lazy and incompetent at multithreading and Amdahls law is a bitch.

I have a shit x470 k4 so I doubt I'll be able to run anything above a 3700x
Already have a 2700x which is more then enough

I'll forego upgrading CPU and mobo until ddr5 6400 in 202x and hopefully Arcturus mcm gpus are a thing then or at least dxr based amd gpus

have fun with deciding between the gaping security holes of meltdown/spectre or the horrible performance of intel's software patches. Everyone likes to say intel has better IPC, well that shit goes out the window fast when the only way to close the security holes is disabling threaded IPC.

I will be getting a new gaming + music PC later this year. I was set on a 2600 to save some money, but is it worth it to wait some months? Maybe I can save more with a 3300 for a slightly worse performance (5%) ?

plug it out Jamal

My computer has 64gb of ddr4 and I can't even use it. I don't even have fast or overclocked ram. Theoretically the more ram, and the faster the ram, the better, but for example, loading a Windows 10 virtual machine into ram, vs running it off an SSD only brings a marginal performance gain. These days, I'd say that high-end ram is not important for the standard desktop user. 16GB of DDR4 ram at whatever clock speed works on your mobo/cpu is probably enough. Of course, shitty javascript code running in chrome/firefox is pushing the limits of memory usage every day, so who knows.

I'm staying with my trusted i5 2500k for a couple more years

I recently got a 2600

I'll take my chances with Intel, and you can have fun with amd.

3600x or 3700x. I'm leaning towards the 3700x mostly just because I can and it tickles me that the reverence Intel's HEDT chips of days old (particularly the ivy bridge to broadwell ones) for their monstrous core count and associated performance is now for common plebs.

>adoredtv
:))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Poor scared little intel shill. Is AMD pushing the technological boundaries too fast for you?

>TBA CES
This will haunt adored forever, won't it?

Attached: 1541196795111.jpg (448x545, 132K)

Whatever can clock the highest. Probably won't go for the 3850X just for 1Mhz difference though but I bet Ryzen 5 or 7 will be able to clock just as high.

None of that adore garbage, im awaiting for the real one. prob 12 core or high ghz 8 core

youtube.com/watch?v=PECVlvlQF3M

damage control

just buy new motherboard goys

>tfw by the time r5 3600 launch my 2600 will be 1 year old
>will give it to my bro.

3700x and Radeon 7 here I come. Luckily I already have a top quality 750w psu to feed such a beast.

For me it's the 9900K

RX 3080 looks nice for the price.

DDR5 didn't even hit servers you unkissed virgin. what mental gymnastics are you doing to write stupid shit like that? this year is PCIe4.0, nothing more.
now back to your containment board, /v/eddit.

>beaten by a 65 watt midrange cpu

Attached: 1547157197363.jpg (1052x518, 32K)

Next step would be 16 cores but that totally depends on the price. I will upgrade maybe after 2 years.

7nm nvidia without meme-silicon if or when it comes out

4930k reporting in.

We still need to see if these are actually real or not

>Ayymd retards are this delusional
>The new chips are going to come out at the same price as current gen with an 8-10% IPC performance bump.

JUST WAIT GUYS

Soon, brother

Im getting an e tra 32 gigs of ram and maybe the fastest 2011v3 cpu Ill find in the nearest dumpster. 5820k still plenty of cpu

>Ayymd retards are this delusional
I mean, there is no way AMD can sell an 8c/16t cpu that competes against the 6900k for anything less than 900 burgers - it just fails the common sense test.

2700x says hi.

umm none of these beat the single core performance of an 9990k

>unironically believing Adored and his """""""""leaks""""""""
AMDrones are truly more retarded than Intel fans.

I'm more concerned about which ram speeds are supported. Should I buy the G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3600Mhz now?

Your sarcasm detector is broken. Plus I was referring to the 1800x as Jow Forums flatout refused to believe the chip AMD showed off at their first Zen event way back in 2016 would sell for less than 900 burgers.

3600/X, assuming that leak is true for the sake of this thread. Maybe the 3300X if it overclocks just as well.

Attached: tomsintelmerchant.png (500x500, 70K)

low hanging bait but i bought my 1800x for $150 last may. I dont think the 3600/x will start that low but maybe christmas of next year we'll start seeing some sub $200s.

What are the chances of it running Windows 7? Technically, Ryzen 2000 is still compatible

Enjoy paying 9-level prices for 5-level performance I guess.

the one with least ccx

idk either the 3600x or 3700x and call it a day

>Which one are you getting Jow Forums?
None. My 4670k is still enough for what I'm doing these days.

Attached: 1544464080521.jpg (245x206, 8K)

Muh Jewish conspiracy

i do the needful and buy all of them

>not waiting for the latest skylake

Attached: boomer_4_coars.png (641x490, 80K)

Overclocked its still good enough for gaymes like BF V on 1440p

i bought ram in advance at ryzen launch and got royally cucked, just to quench a few dollaritos

3850x
That will last for the next 10 years.

I’ll see might get a r9 or I’ll just stick with the 7700k for some more time

I don't give a damn whether the leaks are real or not. I just want my 16c/32t AM4 CPU.

10 years of radioactive radiation lmao

Assuming it's compatible with my current AM4 board then 3700 non-X. Don't care about OC. Was waiting at least two generations (1->3 or more) but I might just wait until they announce the last supported chips for AM4

The ryzen 2700x ;)

Just bought a 2700X machine a couple months ago. I'll be sitting tight for a while.

and yet the 12 core exists :))))))))))))))))))

Like for real. You could run multiple VMs on the thing while you game or something and experience little to no performance loss if you leave even half of those cores untouched.

Jims biggest mistake was putting his eggs in one basket by saying there would be an announcement or launched at CES which traditionally does not happen at keynotes.

youtube.com/watch?v=wjVjHce8uME

You're dreaming if you think they'll be the prices

>beer
>snacks
I'm ready.

so AMD will beat intel in single core performance
nm size
Power efficiency and heat
DDR5 ram
PCIe4 and PCIe5
Lower Prices
Better CPU design
AND PEOPLE STILL SHILL FOR INTEL

WHY? Intel has an engineer bloat everything they produce runs hot there huge team can't produce anything good..

3600x will be replacing my i5 2500. If these based rumors are true. I can easily wait untill this summer.

I'm pretty sure none of the specific SKUs or core counts have been confirmed yet.

pretty sure its coming out soon wasn't zen 2 supposed to come out during Christmas?

The server CPUs were originally supposed to be out 2018 Q4/2019 Q1, I believe. For desktops, it's either Q2 or early Q3.

Jow Forums straight up would rather be fucked by Intel than use an AMD processor because Intel Inside™ was a monumentally successful marketing campaign.

First off, this chart is likely inacurrate. We don't know what the chips price or performance will look like so it's hard to predict which one I'll get, if any. Secondly, assuming that it is accurate, I probably won't get one. I'll stick with my R7 2700 for a few years since it will be more than enough for playing gaymes and editing videos which are my 2 main usesof my PC. I want to get a good return on my dollar for what I paid for my current chip so I probably won't be swapping it for 2 years at the absolute earliest.

At which point you will also be swapping motherboard to PCIe 5 and memory to DDR5.