Trackball mice

I want to try out these type of mice because they look comfy. Is pic related good? Also general-trackball thread,

Attached: ldkfjkldfjsljjglfkj.jpg (1000x781, 281K)

just got one a week ago, took some getting used to but I like it quite a bit. Dont get it if you plan on gaming though.

Attached: signal-attachment-2019-01-27-143631.jpg (1560x2104, 562K)

I enjoy mine, but would go for something more ergonomic today, like an Elecom huge or something.

Attached: IMG_20190127_143820.jpg (1200x1600, 587K)

The biggest initial hurdle is the lack of buttons on cheaper models. I bought pic related back in November and initially it was very hard to initiate a "middle mouse click" as that requires clicking both right and left mouse buttons at the same exact time. Eventually I got the hang of it, but it's not exactly comfortable and somewhat straining. The one in your picture doesn't have a scroll wheel, which I would find unacceptable having to browse web a lot.

Attached: serveimage[1].jpg (640x480, 19K)

here, just use xmouse button control to rebind the buttons. Web scrolling with mine is quite comfy (one of the buttons is bound to middle click, so I can scroll with ease).

Been using them for years. Kinsington Blade and Expert are GOAT, but they're too fucking expensive IMO.
OP pic related looks pretty comfy.

Attached: IMG_20190127_084337.jpg (3120x4160, 3.65M)

i have that, middle mouse is a shit to do, but i never used much, so i dont care. i found that trackballs are great for some stuff and bad in others, so i jump between trackball and mouse.
and if you use linux, good luck changing any binding in the kensingtons, they have windows only software

Doesn't that limit you to five buttons? I heard to use that for my Elecom Huge but it has seven plus the tilt scroll. I wonder if xbox360ce could map them

>Dont get it if you plan gaming though.
I'm not a gaymer so a trackball mouse isn't a problem for me.

>if you use linux, good luck changing any binding in the kensingtons, they have windows only software
Thanks for the tip user

>Dont get it if you plan on gaming though.
the absolute state of zoomers. trackball mice were absolutely goat in q3a.

I have a Kensington Expert. Setting custom key bindings was as easy as editing my xorg.conf. If you prefer GUI, I'm pretty sure there are a couple programs out there, depending on your distro.

good to know, thanks for the correction. I do not need, but others may

Havent used it on a mouse with more than 5 buttons, sorry!
Trackman marble is ebic
Dont game, sorry sweaty!

Ok so right now I'm thinking of buying either kensington slimblade or logitech marble. I like both but I am leaning towards slimbade because of that scroll ring. Which is better and why?

Slimblade has no scroll ring.

Also, if you are not using Linux as your main OS, I don't recommend it. I use one of the buttons for scrolling instead of the ball itself. Windows software doesn't allow for that.

Slimblade doesn't have a scroll ring, scrolls by twisting the ball. But the Expert has a scroll ring, and they're basically the same mouse.

don't trust Jow Forums

this board pushes the worst hardware and the worst software.

>buy Intel good goyyyim

Image related, it's my mouse. However, I can only recommend it if you are willing to solder on a custom mouse button (once it wears out), as they wear out pretty fast.

It does have some really nice advantages:
>no wrist pain even after prolonged computer use (16+ hours)
>it's really nice for modeling 3d objects, as you can just keep moving the cursor when scaling/moving vertices or objects without having to lift the mouse constantly
>you can use it with your laptop on your bed like a lazy motherfucker without any kind of mouse mat
>you don't require much space because you don't move the mouse, perfect if you need a mouse for travelling
Not sure about that one, but the one I use is perfectly suitable for gaming
I used it for fast paced fps games (ut, nexuiz, cod, battlefield) in the past, it's really precise once you get used to it and you can 360° turn with a single flick. If you get really skilled, you can even "flick shoot", i.e flick the ball and stop it when you're pointing on the head and give a headshot.

Though your mileage may vary and it will take you quite a while to become as proficient as with a normal mouse.

Attached: download (3).jpg (474x355, 12K)

Yea to be honest I just tried playing an FPS once and I sucked. Playing dark souls etc. should be possible with little practice.
Are you the guy who plays BF and COD with a logitech ergo perhaps?

I own 5 of those mice (one for each PC). It's the only one I'll use because the arch feels a lot better than other trackball mice I've used.

I absolutely sucked as well when I first started using it. I was basically playing every day back then, so I was rapidly improving.
It's all about muscle memory and practice, regardless of mouse type. If you don't play an FPS for over a month and you come back to it, you will notice that your aim is off (with any mouse).
>Are you the guy who plays BF and COD with a logitech ergo perhaps?
I know who you mean, but no, that's not me. He does prove what many have been saying though. There is also a guy who plays professional dota with a trackball mouse.