Mate is the king of DE

Mate is the king of DE
it's the only DE with 3 compositing options and no performance issues like GNOME and memeXFCE

Attached: mate-desktop-mir-wayland.png (1920x1080, 612K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1436260#c7
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Xfce doesn't have performance issues.

well if you don't mind having tearing all over the place...

>two taskbars

Redundant and a waste of horizontal screen space. Yikes.

*vertical. Whoops.

DEs are for retards, only people who want to make GNU/Linux look like Windows or MacOS use them
>3 compositing options and no performance issues
Compositing is not shipped out of the box only with Ubuntu Mate that provides those 3 options, faggot
If you are not a retard just use a window manager
A DE is just a suite of packages including the window manager and programs like the browser that once installed you can do work on it
So you can say that my setup containing dwm, chromium, acme and urxvt can be called a DE
Now go kys, retard

Your autistic dwm may suffer from tearing like shit KDE and GNOME

MAY
There is a thing called compton, and a 240hz monitor

>No search bar for applications and files integrated into start menu.
Straight into the trash

you on the right

Attached: 7f9197687de02c54fa33739d69d716b0.jpg (1000x922, 60K)

>Ubuntu 15
dude...
no window manager on xorg has screen tearing if you lurk at least 2 seconds to put a gpu config

also wtf, gnome can't have tearing by default. The compositor has that option enabled by default, and on kde can be enabled on the default compositor

this, xfecers and maters btfo. even i3 has that by default

Why can't Linux niggers make a decent DE?

>What is gnome 3.30.2

shit

Shit

Pretty good but i think it's not there yet

This.
Mate is unironically good. I really hope the project survives. If I was looking to hop, this would be my first choice.

once I realized I can't bind move window with a single key + mouse I gave up tring to use it, I just use a window manager like openbox or i3 and be done with it. Thoughit is pretty lightweight compared to xfce and kde. If anything other desktops are even shittier, if KDE gets slicker I may try its window manager, that if I can bind workspaces and window movement, I don't care about tiling and use i3 because I can delete titlebars and move with alt + mouse and move to workspaces. oh and resize with alt + scondary click. Openbox should be better as a floating right? i don't like i3 because the tiling is a bit weird. Or maybe I should try i3 gaps.
Any recommendations since here people will come to shit mate with something better?

Attached: h.png (1600x900, 893K)

I was talking about gnome, not mate.
Mate does not have searchbar in its menu in 2019 and is trash because of that.

based searchbarposter

If you really want to support MATE, take over as the new maintainer for the RHEL/CentOS epel repo. You would get to use the (objectively) best operating system with the (subjectively) best DE.
bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1436260#c7

Compton is placebo. It only adds 2 lines of irrelevant shit into the configuration to force frequency rate
Autism

I'm on Manjaro KDE with intel integrated graphics and a dedicated nvidia card, and I've never seen any tearing with either i915 or nvidia.

abandonware.
gnome2 dead.

Searchbar is clearly the best launch system now. Everything that does not have it by default (except maybe super mega lightweight things) is garbage tier.

kek

>Autism
enjoy your windows xp system

Are you having a stroke or something? you can search on Mate apps/setting by pressing a single key

if you disable your dedicated nvidia card you'll see lots of tearing
KDE was always the worst DE even back when the first Unity was released on Ubuntu 14.04 (performance and stability wise)

KDE is the king of DE
it's the only DE with 11 compositing options and no performance issues like GTK3 based DEs, memeXFCE, and Mate as well as a plethora of ricing potentials thanks to QT

Attached: Screenshot_20190127_112531.png (3840x2160, 3.56M)

>DEs are for retards
>If you are not a retard just use a window manager

Attached: fedora_neckbeard.jpg (625x400, 149K)

You misspelled KDE

j-just wait for GNOME 3.31

Ubuntu's recent impl of GNOME is pretty nice. I do not like default GNOME settings that I tried on Fedora, but Ubuntu obviously has the budget and design language to make things look nice.

I do like OSX's implementation of "workspaces" though, I think it's a lot more intuitive than anything else I've tried even if it's less powerful.

This is one of the most degenerate pics I've ever seen
You have 4 workstation icons, shit icons, shit gray background, a fucking useless cpu graph panel at the bottom and a fucking CAT in your desktop
Shit I hope you can at least fix your life after reading my comment

GNOME is irrelevant. Not sure why Canonical revived this sht

>You have 4 workstation icons
I don't, I have 3. And why is that "degenerate"?
>shit icons
Ok.
>shit gray background
Ok.
>a fucking useless cpu graph
Kek, where? I'm starting to worry about your vision.
>and a fucking CAT in your desktop
What's wrong with that exactly?
>Shit I hope you can at least fix your life after reading my comment
Imagine being so high on your horse that you equate what you percieve to be a bad rice to a broken life.
As I've said before, people on Jow Forums really suck at explaining themselves and reasoning where it counts.
*Hopefully you improve the reasoning behind your future critqiues after reading my comment*

Attached: 276729.jpg (500x374, 18K)

Xfce superior. OP is a fag.

idiot

Attached: theming-whisker-menu-5.png (378x504, 73K)

I use Intel intergrated, no tearing here.

Ive had the compositor crash on startup, which is kinda annoying but restarting that takes seconds.

>[
Wolfgang Ulbrich 2019-01-06 19:40:30 UTC

Like a new maintainer want to do.
I don't care.
In other words. I don't have any motivation any more to do this unpaid job for epel7 and epel8.
]
lol

show memory usage

lmfao using a de and vim at the same time. for de users editor like vscode or anything similar is fit

King of DE is Kosher Desktop Environment.

>What is compton

MATE is what GNOME should have been

>GNOME
Tell me WHAT IS THE FUCKING DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PANCAKE AND PANCAKE WITH SYRUP BUTTONS, AND WHY FAGGOT DEVELOPERS COULDN'T ADD LABELS IN ENGLISH NEAR THESE BUTTONS.
FUCKING FOOT FAG

IM SO FUCKING ANGRY OF THIS SHIT, THAT I FORGOT FUCKING PIC

Attached: 32324.png (1366x768, 130K)

What's wrong with XFCE? The newest versions don't have video tear anymore if you enable xfwm and the older ones like in debian stable are easily fixed with compton. Lightweight and works smootly

Compton is shit tho.
XFCE works good only on designated shitsets good only (i.e. SandyBrige - OK, Haswell - fuck no)

not even gp but l2fucking read

You shouldn't have more than 1 workstation
a plain desktop can do everything you need

Shit that still causes tearing.

kek based wolfgang

>gtk
>good
Pick one

Attached: 1548610438517.png (489x399, 174K)

Add botnet feature to the left list

gtk3 and gtk+ shit downstreamed from GNOAM has bloated xfce. it has fallen from its former state of grace.
while they are not yet as polished as xfce, some lightweight DEs show great promise.
for wayland, there's enlightenment, and for escaping the GNU([Image Manipulation Program] toolkit)lag, there's LxQt.
two panels is an objectively superior arrangement, especially if you use a portrait or squareish monitor. it keeps more things accessible according to fitts law.
mate has a windows7/xfce whisker style menu as a plugin: "brisk-menu"
gnome flashback is for you.
you can still use mutter or compiz with it if you so please

Maybe everything I need, but not everything I want. I like organizing programs in their own little quarantine, and de-cluttering the application manager. It's comfier. Sue me

xfwm4.13