This is why women should be banned from STEM. What the fuck does this shit even mean...

This is why women should be banned from STEM. What the fuck does this shit even mean? What the fuck is even "emotional intelligence" if not a retarded construct made up by dumbasses which score less than 100 on an IQ test?

And even assuming that by "emotional intelligence" she simply meant empathy, how is that more important than logic and coding skills in programming? Yes, being able to communicate with other developers is certainly important, but to imply that it matters more than being able to write good code? WTF.

Attached: Screenshot 2019-01-27 at 19.21.47.png (1182x420, 96K)

People who browse or post on twitter should all be quarantined from the rest of the internet. Then we wouldn't have to hear about your retard v retard battles.

low IQ nigger detected

Women are stinky holes.

"I was fired from my job because I couldn't code for shit, but I'm gonna sue them becuase I have "emotional intelligence", which they don't"

Objective truth or logic is not the aim. Socially awkward males have a position they want. The rhetoric is just window dressing for a way to usurp the industry completely for the normies.

>please take the science part out of Computer Science

I'm not going to pretend that sometimes harsh people on GitHub wear me down, but it's all part of the job. If people didn't vehemently defend their positions then we'd end up with shit software.

She's right you know. It's much easier to spend 20 minutes collecting requirements and brainstorming solutions than spewing out shite software that's already been written somewhere else and that ends up not being needed.

Industrypilled

Hear me out, but there is an element to truth to this. Software development is not the same as computer science. You're developing a product. You need to be able to communicate well, be able to work well on a team. A fat neckbeard virgin who is a genius programmer but unable to understand the requirements of the software he is developing is useless. I'm guessing this is what she means by "emotional intelligence", who knows though.

How does critical thinking correlate to emotional intelligence? Are you fucking stupid?

Being able to bring up your logical ideas while not being an anxious spergy wreck. People will take you more seriously.

She's kind of right, you know. Talking to clients, managers and even users is part of being a competent developer.
(Also, even if you don't care about your own competence, it's not like jobs in the software industry are exempt from office politics.)

None of that has to do with "emotional intelligence" you could be an a-social fucking nitwit and still explain your idea without needing "emotional intelligence."

If you can't talk to people good luck maintaining a job.

It’s not nearly as important as skill, but low emotional intelligence, read: aspergers, is detrimental to the work output of a team.

>emotional intelligence
Translation: If it were up to me I would only hire women and minorities, and I know that I don't need to be politically correct with white or asian males. I will also yield to an inferior decision if not doing so means hurting an "unpriviledged" persons feelings.

Public speaking, leadership, and communication classes exist for a reason. Saying that anyone can communicate their ideas without emotional intelligence is like saying anyone can code without computer science fundamentals.

"Software engineers", "developers" and "coders" are not STEM you ingrate.

Every job has two components to it. The first is your technical skill as a software engineer, the other is your skill as a social engineer. Positioning, knowing your place in the hierarchy, how to placate your superiors without compromising yourself, delivering what they want alongside what they need, winning favors, and reading social cues.

Learn to view people as irrational, unreliable fleshy machines: harder to predict but suggestible and prone to manipulation like any other.

You do know that Emotional Intelligence is literally an official psychology term made by some white dude?
But you seething brainlet couldn't wrap your head around that, now could you? All cause some bitch made fun of your dev skills so your so insecure you have to belittle what she literally calls a "hot take".

Attached: EQ.png (1118x206, 40K)

You're really giving this xigger the benefit of the doubt

I have not talked to an end user in years

This but unironically
Game the system
Every conversation

Yeah, and did you know it failed all follow up studies? It's not because someone made it up that you should believe it.

Collegues?

Being socially literate and emotional intelligence are two entirely different things moron.

A retarded construct made up by smart people FOR dumbasses (especially women) who would score less than 100 on an IQ test otherwise.

So you think you dont need the skills listed under the term "emotional intelligence" in a company?

It means that you can't just scream at your co-workers when they do stuff in a sub-optimal order, aspie.

This is the future OP. The big brains are automating the work, leaving most white collar people in bullshit jobs, expect more of this dumbass girls doing jackshit, its not a bug of capitalism its a feature!

Woman here. I have been working as a software e*ngineer for ten years now. I have worked on game engines, machine learning, data science, pretty much anything fun.

There’s a push because it honestly is a lot harder grtting into tech as a woman. There’s all these weird hoops like I have to be “one of the guys” to fit in and any sign of femininity is taken as a weakness. For example, most women who have worked in nonfrontend programming I’ve seen over the years avoid makeup or use minimal. They also speek like an octave deeper around teammates than around me. Most women just weren’t encouraged like a lot of men are to get into tech when they do show an interest. I know like some men I had to fight tooth and nail to get where I am today—there’s a disparity here with how accessible tech is made to men vs women. Heck, even on IRC most of the women I know on freenode and the like go to great lengths to conceal the fact that they’re women because people will automatically treat them with less respect.

I have a trans woman friend who confirmed what she experienced as a male in tech and what she experiences passing as a woman in tech. Its very interesting how insecure or jusf plain shitty men get about women doing intellectual things, almost as if it threatens some of them.

All in all I’ve worked with mostly pleasant people but its stupid to pretend this reality doesnt exist and that women have less opportunity to succeed in tech than men om average.

Like my male friend who I just taught to code just got a high paying job which took me years ro get to that point when i was on my own.

Yes there are womens reachout orgs that help women get into tech, but the reason they exist is because texh is currently an extremely masculine space. I know that sounds absurd but if uve ever worked with a mostly female team vs a mostly male team ull notice differences. I wish tech to be more accessible and pleasant for all.

of course it's a masculine space. until very recently, tech was purely the domain of fucking losers who can't get a gf

Woman here. I have been worging as a sofdware e*ngineer for den years now. I have worged :DD on game engines, maghine learning, dada sgienge, breddy mugh anydhing fun.
dhere’s a bush begause id honesdly is a lod harder grdding indo degh as a woman. Dhere’s all dhese weird hoobs lige i have do be “one of dhe guys” do fid in and any sign of femininidy is dagen as a weagness. For egsamble, mosd women who have worged :DD in nonfrondend brogramming i’ve seen over dhe years avoid mageub or use minimal. Dhey also sbeeg lige an ogdave deeber around deammades dhan around me. Mosd women jusd weren’d engouraged :DD lige a lod of men are do ged :DD indo degh when dhey do show an inderesd. I gnow lige some men i had do fighd doodh and nail do ged :DD where i am doday—dhere’s a disbaridy here widh how aggessible degh is made do men vs women. Hegg, even on irg mosd of dhe women i gnow on freenode and dhe lige go do gread lengdhs do gongeal dhe fagd dhad dhey’re women begause beoble will audomadigally dread dhem widh less resbegd.
i have a drans woman friend who gonfirmed :DD whad she egsberienged :DD as a male in degh and whad she egsberienges bassing as a woman in degh. Ids very inderesding how insegure or jusf blain shiddy men ged :DD aboud women doing indellegdual dhings, almosd as if id dhreadens some of dhem.
all in all i’ve worged :DD widh mosdly bleasand beoble bud ids sdubid do bredend dhis realidy doesnd egsisd and dhad women have less obbordunidy do suggeed :DD in degh dhan men om average.
lige my male friend who i jusd daughd do gode jusd god a high baying job whigh doog me years ro ged :DD do dhad boind when i was on my own.
yes dhere are womens reaghoud orgs dhad helb women ged :DD indo degh, bud dhe reason dhey egsisd is begause degsh is gurrendly an egsdremely masguline sbage. I gnow dhad sounds absurd bud if uve ever worged :DD widh a mosdly female deam vs a mosdly male deam ull nodige differenges. I wish degh do be more aggessible and bleasand for all.

Attached: Spur_Fem.jpg (750x619, 58K)

There are a lot of psychological terms that appear in the literature that turn out to be complete bullshit. For example, the idea of "many intelligence's" has largely been shown to be rubbish. When you break intelligence up into sub components, they're all highly correlated with each other.

fpbp

men in tech are often the people what women didn't pay attention to for their whole lives (source: me, every CS major at my uni). It's not a surprise that they don't know how to treat women properly

Nice cherry picking. Acknowledge the whole post.

How has this entire board not recognized this as pasta already?

>"Margret, this code is completely broken."
>"But I feel like I did a good job."
>"You're right, it's fine, I apologize."

I'm glad I'm gay.

I almost hope white Americans and the Chinese just stop helping the rest of the world. Let it burn.

Jesus christ, humans don't just level up their skill tree. People want to work with people, how is that hard to understand?

Yeah, you can be technically superb and an asshole if you really want to be, but someone who's technically superb and not an asshole will get that job any day of the week.

OMG i thought shed at least be some model. U know like rock your cock and than destroy your software by using emotionally intelligent coders whod leave shitloads of bugs

>white Americans and Chinese stop helping the world
If what they have done is "helping" then i'm the fucking pope

the chinese are burning the world indeed, not sure how that helps anyone though.

You can't succeed in your career without either.

I just want to let you know, that as a male in tech, I actually do everything I can to undermine women.

Seriously, go fuck yourself. You take all the cushy pink collar jobs and easy administrative jobs in HR and now you're coming for the one office job left for men.

Fuck off and go be a garbage-women if you want to change a male centric industry. Oh yeah, you won't because that's too dirty.

Women are all selfish, weak, manipulative bitches who do whatever it takes to avoid an actual hard days works.

The fun part is I have a great relationship with my GF and get along just fine with women, I'm not even an sperg, I make sure to undermine women the same way they undermine men. You'll never know I'm doing it., but if you want to come into the last domain I had, I will make sure I do what I can to make that hard for you.

I probably have borderline personality disorder, which is why I'm such a vindictive prick. But I don't care, I will manipulate and gaslight you just like a woman. Afterall, I'm not sexist, I'm just selfish looking out for my own best interest.

Attached: idiot-mud-girl.jpg (800x480, 97K)

Why do people act like collecting requirements is so hard?
Are there really programmers who can't look at you in the face and ask what you want the software to do and iron out any ambiguities so there's no surprises in the final product?

The basement dweebs are not in post because they look, sound or even smell nice. Think it out.

she's coping
see, i have a high EQ and IQ. rationally i know she's just feeling inferior that she's incapable of programming

They're basically this guy.

Attached: PalatableOptimalFrenchbulldog-small.gif (327x251, 838K)

ITT proud sociopaths

>See stupid comment on a stupid site
>Get emotionally invested
I really don't get it. You just wanted (you)s didn't you

Attached: 1548594691128.jpg (250x237, 7K)

Javascript soon will start contributing to climate change. Prove me wrong.

Attached: 1548011623931.png (618x429, 12K)

"Emotional intelligence"??? Is she discriminating against those with a mental disability that causes problems with emotional intelligence, but who make excellent developers, such as those on the autism spectrum. Because that's what it looks like.

Nah, not really. Being a good code monkey doesn't mean you can articulate an argument or win people over on a contentious issue. Nobody gives a shit if you think you know what you're doing if you just sound like a condescending pseudo-intellectual or whiny child that hasn't bothered to understand or care about the users they're supposedly trying to help.

Ironically most women in tech also fall into that category. (spergs)

This

There are only a very few programmers who are so autistic that they cannot effectively communicate their project. You have some bigoted preconceptions about programmers and need to check them. 99% of programmers don't need a manager to translate for them, and the 1% who do are the elite, so even if it were necessary to translate it's more efficient and effective to just get another experienced programmer to translate for them, not an ex journalist with no experience and no idea what they're saying or talking about.

this image makes me seething

I'd rather babysit 5 autists into actually contributing to the group than have one of these token vagina influencers incapable of anything outside of social media posts.

>software e*nigger
tits or didn't happen

stale pasta

Woah wall of text tl;dr Chatty Cathy

100% of the time people who boast about their "emotional intelligence" are insecure about their lack of knowledge and ability. 99% of the time they lack not only knowledge and ability but also, ironically, emotional intelligence.

One small example: we let them live in houses, and saved them from the mud-huts, and gave them the opportunity to contribute to modern society

Attached: 1534356757666.jpg (1000x594, 164K)

>dev skills

>hot take:
>twitter
>pink hair

>then i'm the fucking pope
go back

is this pasta? gayest post I've ever seen

oh yeah i guess men haven't been able to do any of those things for the past 50 years. not like we have made progress or anything geeze when will men get it togther

This. Most developers are actually shit at doing anything more than stringing together libraries. I don't want code monkeys to get any "clever" ideas, they'll just write a bunch of unmaintainable antipatterns into the software. Team leads, architects, project managers, these people need social skills because they're the ones doing the real thinking and communicating. Normal developers just need to shut the fuck up and implement the spec.

>
??? To where

emotional intelligence means fuck introvert and smart people

She's right, you know. Employers would rather higher a less qualified but more sociable candidate than qualified one who smells like cheese and can't make small talk.

>computer science is a science in the first place

Attached: 1395549157651.gif (320x240, 2.42M)

Most of them can't. Many are "customer pleasers" who try to accommodate everyone's requests and make shit software (this is, for instance, why most of Microsoft's stuff is such a fucking mess), or have become dogmatic about something or another and don't listen to customers asking for things that they don't think are necessary or appropriate for the product. Also, distinguishing between what a customer says they want and what they really want can be difficult. I don't know how many times I've seen hundreds of man-hours wasted on niche features that Customer X says they want, but never use when it's delivered, because it turns out being a dumb fucking idea.

The best product managers I've ever known would also make excellent military interrogators, now that I think about it.

It doesn't mean that at all. AOC could teach all of us a few things if we could listen objectively.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-01-27_16-16-57.png (573x612, 139K)

Nothing any of you post changes the fact that you're AMD about women not wanting to touch your dingaling because you can code.

Dev skills are entirely useless if you can't interact with people on an emotional level because companies want people who can play with the rest of the kids in the sandbox including the trannies and women, not sit in a cupboard by yourself pretending to be superior.

You're genuinely the snowflakes now. Fuck me, these delicious tears are flowing from so many of you. At least fake it so you can get a job or something neetboy.

>Saying that anyone can communicate their ideas without emotional intelligence is like saying anyone can code without computer science fundamentals.
Millions of programmers works without know computer science or even know computer science exist

Because Martin Garden get assrape by IQ, He instead of debunk IQ Myth build other Myth multiple intelligences.

>genius programmer but unable to understand the requirements of the software
You need emotional intelligence in order to figure out what colours those buttons sjould have.
Go back to huffpo you retard.

There's literature for harry potter.
This doesn't mean that it exists.
Also

No self respecting developer will touch this janky ass "machine learning" shit. It's just statistics applied by people who don't understand statistics. The algorithms aren't racist, they're just wrong because there's no rigour to them.

I'm not mad about people entering the field. I'm mad about retards diluting "software developer" even further. Do good work, make nice things, and don't preach at me. I'll respect you. That's not what these people are doing. These sjws are totally tone deaf, and people hate them because of their militant application of fantasy ideas.
>Emotional intelligence
What a fucking joke. What it really means is "I feel like you're better than me, so I'm going to hurt you". 2019 and we're still acting like goddamn chimpanzees.

What emotional intelligence basically boils down to is not being an INTJ fuckwit who thinks they know everything about everything.

>fuckwit
>INT*
pick one

>responding to a blatantly obvious meta-contrarian shill in anno domini 2019
Why?

>Dev skills are entirely useless if you can't interact with people on an emotional level
You're not wrong, but see

If we assume everyone is speaking insincerely then real dialogue can never happen.

It is, and programming is neither computer science nor about computers (see the oft misinterpreted (by brainlets) )

Dev skill: perform at or exceeding spec
Emotional intelligence: relax the spec

Sorry but cs really isn't a science in the same way math isn't a science

But aren't most disciplines in applied math considered science? CS is effectively applied math, but not so much theoretical math.

Fields that use the scientific method are sciences.

Then computer science definitely at least include science even if parts of it are a bit more pure than science typically is.

Is she fucking retarded?

Bitch, KYS!

Attached: KEZ6YXU(1).jpg (608x1070, 865K)

>automating her EI
tits are b a n n e d