Vir/g/ins have it easy these days

vir/g/ins have it easy these days

Attached: Screenshot_2019-01-27_160747.png (1080x1580, 1.59M)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/chrislgarry/Apollo-11
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

must be bloat

Who coloured that photo?

yep, it was her code that took them to the moon.
the rocket fuel was literally binary and the astronuts just opcodes

could do it in one line in haskell

Yes that's genuinely really impressive but now can you fuck off and stop making these threads with your reddit screencaps, you retarded sack of shit

Attached: 1544133638935.jpg (125x88, 3K)

She didnt wrote it by hand wtf

Prove it.

>glorifying a code monkey
wew

Like I always said. Tfw no Margaret Hamilton gf

which programming language did she use? this is an honest question.

Yeah she jotted it down, but who did the calculations?

We went to the moon

Attached: 2ad3265ca39ec306751bdea38edd2205aa93bd4e979cbd8c6817e23488eb24ae.jpg (495x619, 26K)

This fake meme again. She was the lead of a team who built the software, and shes standing next to the debugger output, not the code.

I had a test in college last year where 2 questions were on people from the field of computing. Given the professor was such as liberal I knew for a fact one of the people would have to be female and this chick was the only chick he ever mentioned, so I knew she would be on the test. I know for a fact the only reason he even mentioned her is because he seen the meme on reddit, was a few days after it went viral on fb/reddit.

But I had to write down the wrong answer and say she is a genius programmer who hand wrote all the software for the apollo space mission, because I knew thats what he was looking for.

Got 100 on the test :P

Are you even trying mate?

in the sixties probably some proprietary assembly

Why didn't you say the truth? The Apollo computers were all handcoded in hardware.

What kind of useless shit are you even studying?

it was me

You can write an entire application on one line. I used to work with an older fellow who wrote some beautiful code but it would literally all be on one line, not that it mattered to me, a well written beautifier can handle that.

Of course not
Obviously a computer, retard
Fake

based and debugpilled
female coders btfo how will they recover

Attached: 1518474544084.png (852x854, 1.14M)

I'm studying software development, but this class was just a filler class that was being taught by a PHD student. It was called "Computer Technology". He literally just taught people how to use bash and shit during practicals, and talked about famous peoples during lectures.

github.com/chrislgarry/Apollo-11
You can read the source code for yourself if you want and yeah it's assembly

Are you guys done pretending the apollo moon landing were real?

I'm sure her team created some decent motor control systems but really we shouldn't encourage threads copying of plebbit

What a fucking bloated program

Probably true desu. Haskell is extremely terse

while(!atMoon()){
flyCloser();
} else {
fuckingLand();
}

When do I start NASA?

take your meds loonie

>be NASA
>hire female programmer
>she writes programs in a book

Um sweetie, you're supposed to put the programs in the computer.

thanks

tbf it was a terrible fake by today's standards

I don't have a problem with this photo. However, I do have a problem with people forcing women into STEM en masse.

>be me
>new hire in team every 6 month is female
>something to look at even tho ugly from front
>they can't code for shit
>make me look good
>they always off ill
>make me look really good
>they are passive agressive piss people off
Why not encourage it when their mediocrity and descriptiveness only makes us look better?

>The Apollo computers were all handcoded in hardware.
The fuck are you talking about? Most of the programs were stored in a core rope memory ROM and the AGC could also run programs from standard core.

AND SHE WROTE IT ALL HERSELF BY HAND! IN INK! NO ERASER!

wtf

Attached: Screenshot_2019-01-27 chrislgarry Apollo-11.png (765x404, 55K)

Everyone wants to "contribute" to NASA's repos for bragging rights, so they submit pull requests translating readmes or correcting typos and shit.

>descriptiveness
*disruptiveness

>Most of the programs were stored in a core rope memory ROM
In other words the programs were handcoded in hardware

She must be tiny

Do you work for a large company? Turnover and lack of team cohesion might fuck up a small company in the long run.

She's like 4'9, and that's a stack of punch cards...but I still have a boner for some reason.

I guess I'm just not sure what the fuck "handcoded" even means in this case.

Every program is "handcoded," and then it's loaded on some medium, such as a ROM, as it still is today. It still had to be written by somebody first before it was then "woven" into the rope, they didn't just pull it out of their ass with no documentation to back it up.

what a cuck. Instead of writing the truth and then taking it up with the school afterwards you folded, lied, and bent over for this "liberal" you despise so much.

I argued with my prof on many tests during school, showed proof and had marks corrected. I didn't let their "power" fuck over the truth like you, coward.

IDK if this is the same shitposter which is highly unlikely or the absolute state of all Humor and comedy on this neckbeard infested board.

Bro I literally don't care about any of this shit, and I don't even hate liberals, I actually liked the dude. I was just happy AF I figured out this chick was on the test, nobody else had a clue who this bitch was, we spent weeks talking about John Von Neumann and we spent 1 class talking about her. I was just able to clock that she was on the test because I knew he had to pick a woman. Tbh even if I had wrote the truth he probably would've still gave me the marks. I didn't even need them anyway. Also I wouldn't know how he marked me on this specific question, I would have to guess it was this one I was marked down on and appeal it based on that. We don't get to see our corrected tests for "official" exams, only for CA's.

Handcoded means that it was written directly in assembly, rather than written in a higher level language and compiled into assembly.

yeah of course it was, it was made in the 60s on fully proprietary hardware that isn't compatible with anything else.

You can leave anytime you want.

>Arguing with professors
Cringe

The bit values in core rope ROM was literally determined by how the wire was looped around the ferrous cores.
They had a team of old ladies who would look at a dump of the software, and then run the wire in the correct fashion. There was no way to burn the ROM or otherwise write to it.

B A S E D

you win, sir. XD

>tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of pages
>she (singular) wrote
how dumb are these fuckers

Assembler != machine code, and I’m really not sure what that even has to do with anything being discussed ITT as far as revisionist history or the “truth” goes.
But the software itself was still planned written by somebody beforehand, they weren’t doing the programming, they were just translating the program into that medium.

>planned written
planned and written*
But yeah, it’s like saying the EPROM burner is what’s doing the programming, not the programmer who actually wrote the program.

so she kill all those test subjects that died while training for the moon mission?

>they had to fake the moonlanding because the brainlets in management let a woman write the code

Attached: 1482990747517.jpg (555x547, 54K)

now this is a conspiracy theory I can believe in

>fight academia
>end up in the gears of academic bureaucracy
>ok here are the facts, and the proof
>the examination office can not see the validity of your arguments (i.e. we didn't even bother reading)
>ok here are even more facts and proof
>the examination office has not been presented with new evidence that helps your standpoint (i.e. fuck off already)
>you have not presented any counter-points
>the examination office sees you have no arguments, case closed, want to sue? (we have deeper pockets)

In academia you either kill or you grin and bear until you have your paper for HR.

In US or Europe?!

Heres how it works for me anyway in Europe. If it's a CA (IE just an exam ran by the professor) you're fucked, there is no official way to appeal it, nothing you can do, you just picked a shitty college/course and got a shitty lecturer.

If it's an official exam, you can appeal and an exam "committee" is formed. They will basically just look at your attendance and if it's good they'll bump you up. If it's not good then they'll basically decide what to do depending on how serious you are about pursuing it

i would have pounded her so hard, god dammit.

>tfw no boffin wife to watch the moon landing with in 1969

At the time it was written by hand, submitted on coding sheets to be typed onto cards.

rape is impossible
by not improving themselves physically, the average women consents that the average man is capable of physically overpowering her at any given moment
by making no effort to change this reality, she is consenting to whatever outcome occurs when a man decides to physically have his way with her
every women that doesn't hit the gym or carry a weapon implies consent

based

Attached: 1514742534831.png (680x955, 781K)

>'if num==1 return odd'
>'if num==2 return even'
>'if num==3 return odd'
>'if num==4 return even'
>'if num==5 return odd'

code
cd ..
cd code
cd ..
code

I don’t know, the computer you braindead fucktard?

Czeched and kekked

Attached: Margaret1.jpg (684x857, 174K)

based and redpilled user

Attached: approved.jpg (650x1000, 93K)

I will never happen, but I would love for some in-depth research into the meme of Margaret Hamilton and how it started.
It's actually been rather eye opening what how this meme has taken a life and spread. Originally, she was just some woman who ran the error-checking reports. That stack of papers are the reports.
Next, she was a software engineer who wrote some code and those were her debugging statements. Somewhere in here, a medium article was written about test-driven development.
Now, she's the lead software engineer who literally wrote 1000000 lines of handwritten assembly.

90% of that code are comments about the CoC.

Attached: 1482015334942.jpg (184x184, 8K)

based

We didn't go to the moon.Still believing it cmon Jow Forumsthe moon rocks given out turned out to be wood

shit I still do this