Attached: 07YWFNZ.jpg (400x524, 23K)

don't exists

What about ones that don't eat cpu

Unironically, Edge.

Qtbrowser

Surf, w3m

links

suk dik

Attached: 1408701369469.jpg (800x499, 276K)

Do they though?
Even webkit uses things like the gigacage but even though it might appear to be using 99GiB of memory, doesn't mean it actually is using that much.

What

Luakit.

Heap isolation technique in webkit2. It allocates large amounts of memory relying on kernel support of overcommit. Basically all the heaps are separated by gigabytes of memory.

So it doesn't use memory, it just prevents other things from using memory it might later on

Opera 12.18
Falkon

That's not how overcommit works.

This thread made me realize I haven't checked how much RAM lynx uses

i tried to use qutebrowser but it was too unintuitive.

i used to use palemoon but it now also sucks and is incompatible with all my extensions.

what am i supposed to use other than firefox (particularly on my windows machines)?

Midori

internet explorer 6

the Chromium build that is currently in the arch repo

An old build of Firefox

How does it then?

GNU Icecat

if i remember correctly there was a gba ram expansion for the ds lite that allowed you to run opera

Bumb
This is a good thread

Microsoft edge
K melon
Midori
Opera
Palemoon

I have an old 2007 vista laptop that I sometimes like to mess around on, it only has 2gb of ram and runs opera and midori just fine.

Edge

wget.

Or lynx, if you are a lazy, fat slob.

no extensions/add-ons

False

netsurf
dillo

It's websites that cause the RAM bloat, web browsers only contribute a fraction of it.

Just get 32 gb of ram

Attached: 1546312551569.jpg (550x545, 33K)

Where is the source code?

FPBP
The amount of delusional people claiming Chromium is more bloated than Firefox and vice versa is insane.
I'll never understand why people hold graphical browsers to this unattainable goal of being minimal without compromise. It's like if people started saying that video editors could be less taxing on resources no matter what content you throw at it. It just won't happen. The sooner people accept this, the sooner we can focus more on aspects that actually have real fluctuations in magnitude between browsers like privacy and modularity.

Attached: 1547389823904.jpg (447x390, 23K)

mosaic-ck

definately not falkon. shits the same as chrome

I switched from Chromium to Midori recently. This browser is pretty based desu. The adblocker is good and it has a javascript blocker as well. It also supports custom userscripts. Best of all, it uses much less RAM than Chrome does.
I will admit, it can be slow sometimes but for the most part web pages load very fast. I'm happy with the change and would reccomend Midori to anybody.

Attached: 1546251190579.jpg (600x600, 128K)

not a problem.

Attached: ram.jpg (790x77, 16K)

>Windows
Gross. Go back to /v/.

Is there anything someone would actually miss from RAM-gobbling browsers?

Links2
based luakit poster

Opera 9.62

Internet browsers don't really consume that much memory. It is extensions and extra crap that are the main culprits of memory consumption.