I've been a Windowsfag for years but I think I want to finally make the jump to Linux Master Race...

I've been a Windowsfag for years but I think I want to finally make the jump to Linux Master Race. Can someone point me in the right direction? I primarily use my computer for:

>general internet browsing
>music and video production
>light programming (I'm still learning)
>basic text editing and formatting for my writing

Someone told me once that Linux actually sucks at video editing so I naively just took their word for it and stayed with Win7. But now I'm willing to learn.

Attached: 1533666725695.png (835x677, 107K)

Use the catalog newfag.
>>/fglt/

if you don't install arch you're a subhuman
archlinux master race
btw i use arch

I forgot that thread existed OKAY

Attached: 1506515483156.png (400x300, 178K)

Mint, or Ubuntu if you're feeling adventurous.

>Linux Master Race
You're a little late to the party pal. Linux embraced poeterring, and the CoC. Might as well stick with Windows, or try a bsd instead.

It's an OS for contrarian neckbeards, wouldn't exactly call them a "Master Race" of anything lol.

>Someone told me once that Linux actually sucks at video editing so I naively just took their word for it and stayed with Win7. But now I'm willing to learn.
Ubuntu Studio m8, it was built specifically for this sort of thing in mind.

>Ubuntu studio
That's cute.
>it was built specifically for this sort of thing in mind
It's not particularly good at what it was built for.

Install Gentoo.

>it's not particularly good at what it was built for

Can someone elaborate on this?

Attached: 1548179166714.png (645x773, 11K)

It's fine if you like to use blender.

>Old ass fucking versions of software
>Old ass drivers
>Disgusting work flow
>Bloated as fuck
Need I say any more?

xubuntu

Oh deer.

Go for openBSD

Or maybe don't be a sheep and use a distro that doesn't use poettering software. There are several major distros and countless spinoffs to pick from.

This is possibly the dumbest image I've ever seen.
Your SoundCloud isn't going to take off and neither will your vlogging channel

ubuntu
easy and whatever music/video editing software you are there is on linux is probably available
you could try using wine to install whatever editing software you use on windows, but that is more of an intermediate linux task

I use Debian testing + KDE.
> Why
Looks better than Gnome/XFCE/LXDE out of the box, its design is consistent, like Windows or OS X. As for the Debian, its upgrades don't break programs and don't occur too often, once in 3 to 4 years.
To jump to testing, you'll need to install Debian Stretch (use non-free image when in doubt), then change your entries in /etc/apt/sources.list from stretch to buster, apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade. Then install kde-plasma-desktop package. I advice you to avoid kde-full or other metapackages, since they will break if you were to remove one package out of them.
Oh, and if you're willing to risk your stability while upgrading, Ubuntu LTS is good too.

hd 4670
enjoy not being able to play videos in 720