I miss my fucking Lumia

Will Android ever get Metro icons? Custom loaders don't count.

Attached: lumia-650-hands-1.jpg (1200x900, 475K)

Yikes. I’m glad metroshit is completely gone. You have to be a real NPC to like that oversimplified garbage.

It was multifunctional, as in - icons actually did something other than crap on the picture colour balance.

i really liked the active tiles
the closest you can get is just square crap

I had one, user, so don't lie to me.
It was shit.

I don't miss it. It was shit.

Fucking calendar app from Microsoft showed WRONG FUCKING DATE.

>It was multifunctional, as in - icons actually did something other than crap on the picture colour balance.
You mean garbage live feeds that just distracted your eye and made for inefficient use of the UI when scrolling?

Metro was and is truly shit tier GUI and I'm glad it got taken out like Old Yeller and shot.

I had a couple Windows phones. Live tiles were cool and gave you information w/o having to open an app, but there wasn't much going on under the first layer of UI. And just like the (actually superior) BB10 no devs built apps for the platform, so it was doomed from the start really.

>Stale NPC meme
cringe

>lumia 650 in the pic
Fuck I had one of those. The OLED cracked and I couldn't find a replacement.
I'm happy with my lineageos phone for now, until I get muh Librem 5

Make something with KLWP

>will android ever get this feature
>yes, install this app to get that feature
>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

why is windows phones so cheap couple of years back?
windows phone same specs with android is double the price

Sold at loss to grab the market by the pussy.

Android phones felt laggier in comparison so you could sell the Windows version for a higher price with the same hardware. But that advantage was nerfed by the cost of a WinMo license and that’s why the manufacturers never rooted for WinMo.

>But that advantage was nerfed by the
Absolute lack of apps.
And Microsoft killed every good Lumia app too.

Better than static icons and constant popups

Manufacturers never rooted for windows phones because no one rooted for windows phones including consumers.

No android app replicates the original experience.

Then there was no need for
> Custom loaders don't count.

They don't, they're a mess.

Nope, that was only consequential. If WinMo had came out without a license fee, manufacturers would have tried to push it harder. That way it would have been more popular and gotten proper dev support.

>it only!
It was doomed to fail because it was grabage. Google does charge license fee for android.

>NPC
>meme
Oh, boy

Why did windows phones run so fucking smooth?

It's a coping mechanism for spergs and shut-ins. Generally people too inept for psychology.

Spoken like a real life NPC.

>NPC

Barely anyone used Windows Phone, that's not NPC related.

[citation needed]

Well for instance Launcher 10 doesn't actually have live tiles. Just square icons

MS botching the mobile game is really frustrating. W10 Mobile was honestly an amazing concept that they initiated too late, little effort, and next to no developer support. MS shills keep talking about the next big device that replaces smartphones, but MS certainly won't be leading the field there if it does come to fruition.

just install winphone custom launcher you retarded nigger, what a problem?

squarehome 2

>Android phones felt laggier in comparison so you could sell the Windows version for a higher price with the same hardware
Almost but not quite, WP7/WP8 phones early on literally had half the hardware of Androids, and were running faster.

The responsiveness of the UI and the optimization were through the roof.

i miss WP8. i had an htc 8xt and despite having awful specs, it ran so smooth (8.1, not so much).

less apps

i can't tell if this is a joke, or just Jow Forums genuinely being dumb enough to believe this.

shut up, WinMo was killed by some stuff like Snapchat straight out refusing to do a WinMo port, as shabbos goy does, or google greatly sabotaging the youtube apps available

Metro is responsible for the single worst design trend in Windows PCs. I don't miss it one bit.

Microshit abandoned live tiles as soon as notification drawer was introduced.
And that's the story of windows phone - microshit had no clue, they ran all over the place changing rules on the fly before finally losing everyone who took them seriously.

This is very likely to be the truth, though.
It had almost nothing running in background at any given moment. And all the menus were literally static lists.

Plus, it kept forgetting the place in apps is you switched between them regularly.

Also, Microsoft can't code for shit. They killed all the Lumia and HERE Drive for their own abominations. Outlook worked worse than on Android or iOS (I had all 3 and some messages literally failed to render on winmo) and even live tiles were a joke (incorrect fucking DATE).

I'm glad it's dead and can only laugh at all the idiots that kept waiting for "surface phone".

not him, but snapchat didn't kill windows mobile. microsoft's lack of effort and unwillingness to budge on platform restrictions did. browsers were forced to abide to their awful engine and apps were subject to microsoft's changing restrictions (for example, they decided to ban all emulators without warning), and most importantly.

microsoft also did nothing to promote W10M, instead hoping the non-existent OEM interest would bring new devices.

>Microsoft can't code for shit.
>this is what freetards believe
If lumias ran faster because there were fewer apps, surely a modern lineage on quad cores would perform better (it doesn't).

>this is what freetards believe
You can deflect all you want, but picrel is a fact.
Just as all the other problems when Microsoft tried to replace Lumia apps with their own. Windows Maps was in a Shit-League of its own.

>If lumias ran faster because there were fewer apps, surely a modern lineage on quad cores would perform better (it doesn't).
This doesn't make sense. You can get iPhone 2G and be baffled how fast and smooth its interface is. Lumias were like that.
If all you have running is GUI, then there is nothing to lag.

Attached: Screenshot_20190128-105028.png (1080x1920, 310K)

>posting pic with pajeet-tier windows 10 mobile
>not the superior windows phone 8.1

Attached: g_-_-x-_-_-_x20140715190214_0.jpg (770x513, 36K)

8.1 was literally when it all went down.
>all hardware requirements abolished
>you could update your system apps from market, but now they were slow as shit, xbox music is a notable casualty
>notification drawer killed all appeal of live tiles

square home 3 is pretty damn close, and its way more customizable than the original ever was (in good way desu).

suht up nigger, android users are the real NPC

>not using maximum aesthetic Windows Mobile 5.0
lel

Attached: WM50today.png (273x364, 129K)

I'm still using my Lumia phone and I have no reason to switch, most likely I will have to replace the batter this year.

>an actual smartphone in the current century
>no YouTube app
Don't lie, it was garbage.

There are a bunch of good launchers for android out there that recreate live tiles pretty much perfectly.

Why do customer launcher not count? Nearly Every single phone manufacturer puts a custom launcher on their devices

>youtube app
>can't block ads
Lol okay