Redpill me on Julia

Redpill me on Julia.

Attached: Julia_prog_language.svg.png (1200x811, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaston_Julia
twitter.com/AnonBabble

never trust a language named after a woman

ur mom is a woman fag

no one cares

your mom's my woman

Don't trust his mon

>alfonzo church invents the most perfect programming language on pencil and paper called lambda calculus
>nobody believes him. Turing makes a worse version called a turing machine
>everyone believes turing
>they build turing machines
>write c for it
>c is shit
>every language after c slowly started writing features lambda calculus already had
>cut to current day
>lisp is lambda calculus
>julia is an attempt to try to get normies to have syntactic macros and quoting code

Are Julia macros like D or Rust macros?
Does it have reader macros?

Julia. Is fake.learm R

Julia is for man france mathematics.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaston_Julia

Julia feels ultra modern and isn't really OOP.

It's like Chinese
You may hate it, but you'll have to learn it soon to be relevant

OP here, nvm I figured it out

Its a modern language for math guys that supports UTF16 or partial UTF32 so you can use rare symbols while coding. Has a modern webpage with decent documentation things like that.

>Golly! I can program in Chinese now! Thanks a lot gweilos!

When the leaves turn from green to brown and autumn shades come tumbling down

You vastly undermine what Turing did.

Haha no

It’s dying of rot because the maintainers insist on tailoring it into a ~~general porpoise language~~ Python replacement, instead of focusing on the Matlab/Fortran crowd in technical computing.

No way

>greek letters and crazy ass symbols as variables
You actually sold me on Julia user

I'm cute and adorable :3 What else do you need to know about myself?

Well Julia is not as good as E.V.A.

Attached: eva-maria-zimmer.jpg (800x533, 70K)

>dying of rot
>continues to climb in popularity

Bout the level of discourse I expect of 4channel.org

Tits of gtfo

its the thing eggheads are using instead of python more and more.

I have tits, so I don't have to gtfo :3

It's what you use if you're a Python faggot but don't want to migrate to Go.

>popularity

Breddy noice!

Attached: gra_julia005_copy_2.jpg (852x1280, 232K)

The only relevant Julia.

>what Turing did
Bugger a bunch of dudes?
Thanks to that cockgobbler we're stuck with brainlet imperative crap

>Thanks to that cockgobbler we're stuck with brainlet imperative crap
no its thanks to reality we're stuck with imperative crap because lambda calculus doesn't work on real-world computers

modern computer architecture is a direct result of Turing's model

it's the result of the way electronic circuits work, which lend itself to turnings model of computation instead of lambda calculus, which doesn't take memory into consideration

No

Yes

>Redpill
KYS

Arrays start at index 1

It's a whole lot nicer to do HPC and numerical work on julia than python before the inevitable C/FORTRAN version must be written.

I quite like it. It has some syntactic oddities to it right now, in my opinion. But i believe/hope it will mature in the future, because it has the potential to dominate in scientific computing. It wont replace python for pure data analysis, as recompiling plots.jl every time you run a program or start a new repl is a bit slow, BUT the way you can very easily go between python and julia is absolutely amazing.

The main benefit of julia (how i see it) is how easy, and effortlessly it works with python. You can call some julia function directly from python, and get data from it more or less in the same way you would use any other function or external library. This is invaluable if you need to speed up some essential parts of your algorithm, but it isnt worthwhile to spend the time with C++, Fortran etc.

Dude, that guys face is fucked.

It is future made by MIT chads based on decades of Scheme and Common Lisp cultures.

Python is crap compared to Julia.

retard

Ideal

Julia is a bitch, i wanted to fuck her so badly in college, but like every woman she just toyed around with me and her artsy cutesy behaviour was nothing but pretentious bullshit to get help from every man around when she started failing grades. Fuck her.

it does
church turing thesis guarantees solution to any mathematically expressible decidable problem through a Turing machine. (With a double stack memory only)
Lambda calculus was fantasy and unusable before Turing made something actually usable and IMO much better.
"states" of your lambda calculus based FP exists only because they can be stored on a Turing machine (general computer)

this.

but buddy. church did it. Turing just copied.

How?

>Turing is responsible for the von Neumann architecture
Can't expect more from lispfags