Google has effectively shrunk 95% of the Web by quietly and slowly removing pages from their search results over the...

Google has effectively shrunk 95% of the Web by quietly and slowly removing pages from their search results over the last 5 years.

Is there any alternative that's worth a shit? Should I write my own Web crawler?

Attached: sundar-pichai-google.jpg (820x420, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wsws.org/en/articles/2017/09/19/goog-s19.html
searchengineland.com/google-showing-zero-results-again-for-many-time-calculations-conversions-search-results-308535
youtube.com/watch?v=zBnDWSvaQ1I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It has? I feel like I can search obscure shot and still get results

What exactly is it shrinking?

op is mad because his neonazi fake (read: actually faked) news site isn't the top result anymore

It's rally tiny now. They've changed the search operators so quotes don't work, that's my biggest pet peeve. Also there is no way other than cherrypicking that a search for the word 'cheese' (for example) could only produce 100 results if they actually indexed billions of pages. It's censored on purpose to drive people to the top 50 sites and bury everything else.

Not to mention the horrible botnet personalized results they want to feed you.

>"Personalized" results of paid advertisers.
I hate that Google would rather show you a newegg page of a product that they don't sell anymore instead of something relevant.

Anything that's against leftists and most piracy sites.
Google is extremely leftist/communist to the point that videos on YouTube including ANY right wing term/person will become immediately demonetized.

>Trots are shilling for corporative shit
Why i am not surprised?

Same shit for Wikipedia and YouTube.
Business and government are trying to turn Internet into an analogue of classic (read - easy-to-manipulate-and-censoring) media and TV.

Are you so brainless to realize they don't even show me newegg results bc I haven't bought anything from them in years? They've tried to "personalize" newegg out of my life along with thousands of other useful websites

>one of the largest privately owned corporations in the world
>communist

Attached: 1512854033213.jpg (1218x1015, 212K)

>that pic
It implies his brain matter is so infinitely dense it will attract even light itself.
You stupid NPC, no wonder you dont lurk /sci/, you pretentious retard, you exposed your inferior low tier mind.
Go back to /v/ and die, faglord.

Attached: 1527291884620.png (469x452, 277K)

I remember using Google Images years ago and getting pages and pages of results to browse. Now, it's a fraction of that and it sucks.

Not to mention there is a lack of really prior internet archival aside from waybackmachine -- which has its own limits.

Yes, they basically are. How do you define leftist totalitarianism?

>most piracy sites
I can still reliably find places to stream movies for free, so I wouldn't say Google is totally useless for that

>infinitely dense brain matter = infinitely high intelligence
He has drool which indicates that density led to cognitive impairment

Attached: 1514321317516.png (645x773, 108K)

>privately owned
Double the spook

>Trots are shilling for corporative shit

Anybody that doesn't agree with me is a communist! Get out of amuricka you dirty commies!

Test

Communists support the abolition of private property. The world's largest private property holders are not communists. Pick up a book you illiterate swine

Sorry, I had a dream that I got banned

>SU died 30 years ago
>He is still afraid of an ideology that was outdated 50 years ago
>He is still not working on a new ideology that uses NBIC-convergence and up-to-date background

Lel, dumb 56%er

>Google Images years ago
There was a clear shift between their image similarity recognition algorithm to the AI bullshit they use today, today Yandex and Bing offer better image results than google for anything other than basic shapes their AI can recognize, manga gets recognized as line art and anime as cartoons, while Bing will try to give you sauce at least.

get with the times grandpa

Friendly reminder, Google wants to use this image search algorithm to make self driving cars

Anyone know of a search engine like startpage but searches Google,Bing, Yahoo, etc and displays the results of all 3+?

Praise to all gods, im not American.

Yeah in 2019 Communism is just a different word for neo-liberalism, fucking old people don't understand politics

Searx is something like that.

>identity politics and social democracy = muh gommunism
My grandfather and you have an identical perspective

>There are people that actually believe this

Attached: 1547787985810.webm (720x404, 2.97M)

>Anything that's against leftists and most piracy sites.
>and most piracy sites.

Are you aware that the piracy is the wild spirit of the left? Google isn't left aligned, it's a corporate Jew that just wants to virtue signal.

>just wants to virtue signal
So it is...left...aligned...

Something like Searx is that.

>I'm socially liberal and fiscally conservative

Attached: 1542169937593.png (424x423, 72K)

Neo-liberals are liberals who've accepted their corporate overlords, and accept any company no matter how evil, as long as they push some stupid pro gender race thing
A lot of them call the selves communists or anarchists, but have no clue what the system is, or aren't radical enough to become that

They're too materialistic to give up the shit their corporate masters feed them, and use rhetoric and ideas from these companies, and celebrity's to sculpt their world view, they're like neocons for religion, but it's corporatism and materialism instead

Neoliberalism and globalization defeated Communism in 1991, along with Third Position and Fascism.
Now greedy corporations uses useful idiots in fight for market monopolization.

I was being facetious my friend

>wild spirit of the left
Pure unadulterated cringe. Imagine an actual breathing living being that is not a senile boomer saying something like this.

No it isn't. It's a neoliberal cesspool that just wants to sell all of your data as a product. It really wants to look like it is tho. This is what virtue signaling in this case means.

if you want cringe senpai just visit any country during its independence day.

It's the only sane stance beyond going full 1488.

What I mean is if it wants to looks like a duck and takes policies to quack like a duck then it might as well be a duck

So what happens now?

I think he means companies are only aligned politically with that they can sell
Google doesn't support women's rights or LGBT shit because they like it, they only support it as a form of marketing

It sells their brand to other liberals, regardless of the evil shit they do

I'm a communist. You don't know what communism is

>wikipedia
>youtube
>twitter
>stackoverflow
literally every fucking search

Attached: a.jpg (1280x720, 46K)

>marx-leninism = communism
No!

Attached: d3c20cf2a58bf08bf4f814435ded9b6ffbba8fd1868d1e2a9c6a8a366f32b2ce.png (624x599, 131K)

Yes! Google is ending private property, by making everything theirs.
Your data is no longer your private porperty it is google's now. And soon even your opinions will be google's.
Only the state(google) has property, so that no one can have property.
Exploiting capitalism to bring forward comunism!

>Communists support the abolition of private property
False. Commie governments want to abolish private CIVILIAN property, and gain that property themselves so that the GOVERNMENT controls it. Which is exactly what Google wants, to become an internet pseudo-government and to influence as many actual politicians as possible, even outside America.
Your data, your privacy, your opinions, your freedom, control over websites and website users. That's precisely the wet dream of communist leaders, look at north korea.

>Anything that's against leftists and most piracy sites.
No
wsws.org/en/articles/2017/09/19/goog-s19.html

Kill yourself and your family

>They've changed the search operators so quotes don't work, that's my biggest pet peeve.
why are you so retarded?

Attached: stfu.png (444x68, 10K)

>a privately owned megacorp is the state

Attached: 1548205575256.jpg (366x380, 32K)

If a megacorp can effectively do as it pleases, in what meaningful way is it not sovereign?

Attached: wtf are you talking about.png (335x148, 4K)

Read at least some cyberpunk, you retarded faggot.

it is, in a sense, sovereign, but it's not a fuckin state. you don't get to call a capitalist megacorp a state because you want to shift the blame.

If only I knew.
There is still no ideology adapted to modern network realities; Alt-Right and Trumpism became a joke; various left-wing groups stagnate since late 00's; neoliberal reality actively resists disassembling and analyzing.
While you can see the following pattern: world become a big Brazil (i.e. ethnic sense), middle class (in developed countries, because class was bloated during Cold War) actively shrinking, number of billionaires will increase

Who cares, this is waste material.
If only Victor Glushkov was able to break through CPSU inertial thinking, world would be different.
Or not.

>t. posting in breadline

It's cause he's an 14 year old edgelord who snuck onto the school's library computer

Attached: tumblr_paiiedEV1v1xu1ubbo2_1280.png (650x650, 195K)

Why are you sure that meaning "state" term is the same?
Google has more political, cultural, economical and scientific potential than half of the world!

>tumblr_paiiedEV1v1xu1ubbo2_1280.png
hmm

Attached: may li festive.jpg (697x872, 311K)

A megacorp can become a government
Google isn't big enough to compete with the US government, but it does outperform smaller developing countries in profit margins, and probably assets.
Google does have incredible influence in Mass opinions and media thanks to their search engine of course, which is pretty scary

Attached: IMG_20190104_034738.png (1050x1000, 308K)

>what is (post)cyberpunk

That's why I use DuckDuckGo, the search engine that respects your privacy and freedom.

Attached: ddg.png (4987x4994, 342K)

Lol Those aren't quotation marks you retard those are apostrophes

Since there are so many google shills trying to derail this thread, I figure I'll drop this pic here for you to take back to your masters. Return to this please.

Attached: googlepure.jpg (640x482, 54K)

with enough lobbying, it can be

first we had monarchies give way to parliaments, soon we will have parliaments give way to corporations, though through bought politicians instead of as a means to calm your country down

>It implies his brain matter is so infinitely dense it will attract even light itself.
You do realize big black holes aren't exactly dense, right? Measured from event horizon to centre.

search results shrunk by 95% you say
funny I read an article that 85% were hate sites
wish I could remember what the other 10% were

>740 million results
>oop you've hit 10 pages with 10 results that's all you get

Could you be any more retarded?

Paid Google internt, the post

I typed it exactly how that user posted it. Fine, here are quotes.

Attached: wtf are you talking about - the sequel.png (312x145, 4K)

Attached: lying sack of shit.png (428x106, 5K)

>cherrypicking pajeet intern the post

where are the other 700 million then?

Attached: cheese.png (806x512, 27K)

I've noticed for a few years that google search results have become worse.
Or rather, clickbait sites have figured out the search algorithms.

But if I click on"If you like, you can repeat the search with the omitted results included." it improves again.
It's still a bit worse than before, but mostly due to clickbait optimized for search algorithms muddying the results.

Google translate also used to be (much) better.

>moving the goalpost
First it was double quotes, not single quotes. Now its 22 pages, not 10.
There is a link right in your screenshot that you can click on that will give you your results, but really, if you're looking on page 22 of fucking Google for your result, you suck at Googling.

Attached: fuck off already.png (458x94, 5K)

just in case anyone was wondering how far you can actually go.

Attached: 2.png (770x432, 21K)

>moving the goalpost from 100 to 220 is more egregious than moving the goalposts from 700 million to 220

poo in loo

source?

You are right. And this time, there is no "more results" link. I admit defeat.
Hear that? Now be a graceful winner and shut up. You might want to come up with some other tactic than calling anyone that disagrees with you an Inidian, though.

searchengineland.com/google-showing-zero-results-again-for-many-time-calculations-conversions-search-results-308535

brainlet detected topkek
dense = intelligent
t.streetpooping pajeet

well they may as well be at this point

source for the 95% claim
I know otherwise google has shrunk the web

Basically the only thing Google cares about for search results is showing you links to places where you can buy shit, since that's what they get paid for.

great thread OP
I've thought of this myself

you just put what I only held in my head into words
couldn't have said it better myself

old google actually gave me what I wanted directly
I felt like the results reflected what I expected to find, if it existed it was there
I would be able to come up with a query I knew should exist and reliably find stuff.

recently I've noticed when perusing conspiracy/fringe youtube videos, that no longer am I suggested videos related to the one I'm watching but instead get a list based on the profile their AI has generated on my persona, completely unrelated to the present topic, perhaps drawing from past videos they deem more appropriate for sheeple.

here's an example I snipped around a week ago

Attached: bad-youtube-recommendations.png (1848x954, 1.08M)

bing gives better results, eg search for "ice sheet impact"

ITT leftist degenerates defending google

>there are people that actually dont believe this

Attached: 1526591146560.jpg (628x534, 75K)

>ITT leftist degenerates defending google
more liek Google bought m00t and now 50% of posts are generated by The Algorithm amirite

if you search board names on bing it finds only cripplechan

The layout has also turned worse. I can't believe they managed to fuck that up but I guess that is what happens when you hire minorities/womemes to fill up those diversity quotas.

neat so (they) can claim not to be censoring:
the top results are all spam
if it's a sensitive inquiry, the legitimate webpage can be found on page 23. hooray for soft-censorship.

Agreed. I might not hate it so much if they could actually figure out what I wanted but they are completely incompetent and I never get ads for anything useful.

the proof is in the pudding
google.com
startpage.com
duckduckgo.com
bing.com
yahoo.com
trustuswithyourthoughtsgoyim.commercial

I'm gay btw not sure if that matters

really didn't notice how slow things get in the mornings
youtube.com/watch?v=zBnDWSvaQ1I

I am a bit of a flaming faggot

checked