Browser addons/extensions

I'm using IceCat 60.4.0esr (Librefox may be better?) and these are my addons, what addons does Jow Forums recommend?

Attached: Addons.png (1001x582, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/Blocking-mode:-medium-mode
ghostbin.com/paste/jcj27
kb.bittubeapp.com/article/96-what-is-airtime-monetization
raw.githubusercontent.com/r4vi/block-the-eu-cookie-shit-list/master/filterlist.txt
i-dont-care-about-cookies.eu/abp/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

*60.3.0esr

Drop the meme addons and just use umatrix + librejs

I haven't looked into uMatrix yet, could do that when I get some time, LibreJS just breaks the web since all websites use this cancerscript.

Attached: autism.png (905x643, 57K)

Whitelisting every website that breaks due to LibreJS isn't really a good experience imho.

Attached: 4chan.png (941x968, 64K)

Privacy possum might not be a good idea, considering it spoofs the values to a random one every time. Use the anti-fingerprinting about:config tweak. HTTPS everywhere could be cut off, it's hardly needed nowadays. uMatrix is great, but do keep using uBlock Origin even if you decide to install it.

Got Privacy Possum to replace Privacy Badger. values being random would resist fingerprinting, wouldn't it?
I also tried installing Smart HTTPS instead of HTTPS Everywhere but something about it being corrupted, I doubt it would be needed these days but just to be sure? idk.

pic related.

had to refresh because of the captcha and forgot to re-attach the image.

Attached: fingerprint.png (822x339, 15K)

The theory is that a random fingerprint every time would make you even easier to track when coupled with some static info. I personally stopped using the HTTPS addons because the only site that doesn't automatically go to HTTPS for me is Jow Forums.

But, it also blocks trackers, doesn't it?

Attached: possum.png (356x416, 20K)

Yeah. But as far as I know, everything it can block, uBlock Origin can block as well. Use uBO in medium or hard mode, or couple it with uMatrix. The many filters you can use with uBO will catch everything but the stuff that's extremely new or obscure.

>medium or hard mode
Not sure what that means. I've looked at the options and additional filters but I'm not sure what is advisable to enable/disable.

github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/Blocking-mode:-medium-mode . I use pic related + ghostbin.com/paste/jcj27 . You can add the unbreak one and the multipurpose if you want something extra, I'm not sure if they're worth it. The country specific are to consider as well.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-01-29 at 18.24.05-.png (489x887, 126K)

Basically enabling (almost) all filters...

Attached: filters.png (389x846, 43K)

You can slim down if you want more performance, but you're not losing much from enabling so many. If you visit few sites, you're less likely to need additional. The default ones are good by all means, but might not be thorough enough for some.

>using iScat

Attached: 1548665990861.jpg (640x1136, 122K)

>uBlock Origin
>Smart HTTPS
>*monkey
The minimum for me.
Personally I use Tampermonkey, because neither Grease- nor Violentmonkey properly apply 4chanX's captcha fixes.
>uMatrix
Mostly because I like to see more detailed information what a website tries to throw at me. Functionality-wise I could do the same with uBlock Origin.
>Decentraleyes
I see the benefit (and still have it installed, just disabled), but I try to keep the performance hit of addons to a minimum and unfortunately it causes some websites to load noticeably slower.

>Smart HTTPS

Attached: smart https.png (587x159, 7K)

You are supposed to click on the "+ Add to Firefox" button, not open it in a new tab.

Thanks this was very helpful.

Attached: mozarella.png (821x334, 18K)

Seems like a problem on your end then. I just tried it right now and it works fine.

You tried it with Firefox 60esr?

Downloading the file manually and dragging it into the addon page gives the same error.
xpinstall.signatures.required is already set to false.

Works for FF 64 and 65.
Is this the only addon you have problems with? Does HTTPS Everywhere work?

bittubeapp - earn crypto for browsing biz

Yep.
HTTPS Everywhere works, but I've heard that one works with with a whitelist, so kinda silly.
I've no idea how this works but it sounds like a bad idea.

>Buster is a Firefox extension which helps you to solve difficult captchas by completing reCAPTCHA audio challenges using automatic speech recognition
How often does this work?

Most of the time, but sometimes it gives an error, telling you that you're a botnet. Sometimes refreshing works, sometimes you just have to click all traffic lights.

Attached: botnet.png (300x251, 13K)

>hooktube
wow you dumb nigger, get mpv

>completely downloading every single video you want to check out
I rather watch videos on invidio.us

Which is better greasemonkey, tampermonkey, or violentmonkey?

>completely downloading every single video you want to check out
You don't though.

No its legit
kb.bittubeapp.com/article/96-what-is-airtime-monetization

Attached: airtime.png (230x160, 8K)

Ahh, the "I care about my privacy so I install a bunch of add-ons made by literally who's that most definitely are selling my data" getup.

>>>completely downloading every single video
No retard, mpv will stream videos without downloading them.

privacy possum is redundant with ublock origin and https everywhere ain't what it used to be

I recommend the one that automatically blocks those fucking cookie alerts. Ever since I installed it, I've started to like using the web again. It's called i don't care about cookies or something. God do I hate being a europoor cuck

There are lists you can add to uBO that do this.
raw.githubusercontent.com/r4vi/block-the-eu-cookie-shit-list/master/filterlist.txt
i-dont-care-about-cookies.eu/abp/