Jow Forums approved laptop?

is this good enough to become Jow Forums approved laptop?
habr.com/en/post/437912/

Attached: k-ncrhphspvcoimfds1wurnzk3i.jpg (1920x1031, 1.19M)

Macbook Pro or Mini if you're super minimalist.

Careful Macfag, this is Statania territory

wtf is macbook mini?

Attached: gpd-pocket-7.jpg (1600x1200, 212K)

Attached: gemini pda.jpg (2048x1365, 288K)

Attached: dragonbox pyra.jpg (540x500, 34K)

Attached: vaio P.jpg (480x318, 17K)

I was only pretending to be retarded

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 12K)

Attached: vaio UX.jpg (500x331, 28K)

Attached: 10-1-Inch-notebook-Android-laptop-HDMI-Laptop-8GB-Quad-Core-Android-5-1-HDMI-Wi.jpg (1000x1000, 86K)

what are some good UMPCs?

Attached: gpd pocket 2.png (1328x744, 1.22M)

Attached: mrm6d3szvghhpghfchsl_-lzgb4.jpg (1920x1031, 1.22M)

Attached: uziiig_yr86yzdcnivkbapkbbgi.jpg (1920x1031, 1.41M)

Attached: 4aqrf-1sgstwwffhx-n4wr0p7ws.jpg (1920x1031, 1.47M)

3D renders of a device designed by a retard.

I'd buy one

Attached: ppbmws4g1o5j05eyqqulnwuuwge.jpg (1269x665, 541K)

Attached: h9zgu0ngl01rvhgivlw7fb49gpq.jpg (1337x744, 620K)

Attached: 3dq9kus6t7ql3rh5mbpfo3_xqng.jpg (1920x1031, 829K)

like, repost

where's the trackpoint?

w2c

it only has touch-screen for pointing

It exists already

Attached: DSC09649.jpg (3000x2000, 1.04M)

aaaaaaaaaaa i have the wrong lens

Attached: DSC09650.jpg (3000x2000, 1.27M)

horrific.

what's the comfiest UMPC with a clit mouse and no touchscreen?

Just get an smartphone or tablet ffs

i have a smartphone and a tablet, they are not comfy

Get a keyboard, its far comfier than those tiny keys and screen

the fuck do you need two VGAs for

>tfw this will never hit production

Just make a X201 with modern specs and ports ffs

Just get a gpd pocket 1 and disable the touch screen if you hate touch. Its the best UMPC with trackpoint you can buy atm.

Attached: IMG_20180909_143924783.jpg (4000x3000, 2.7M)

you are actually retarded
it's fucking serial rs 232

>no 7 row keyboard
So it's basically a xx30 series thinkpad with a smaller variant. No thanks, I'll stick with my T420 with a 7 row keyboard.

>trackpoint anywhere but between GHB
total trash

Attached: horleahh62q11.jpg (800x534, 35K)

its completely fine in this formfactor. you're supposed to put your left thumb on that empty space to the left for one handed use, having the trackpoint that far to the bottom lets you pinch the laptop when using the trackpoint so you can control it easier.

Since you know, this is a portable laptop and all that is designed to be used on the go.

But... where do I plug in my AUI token ring adapter?

*hacker voice* I'm in

Attached: Arm straps.jpg (1920x979, 944K)

Now thats a smart watch

this is beyond retardation. Just use a small fan.

Attached: 7E8AE60B-D15A-406F-9B96-F8B8AEA52EA7.jpg (1920x1031, 1.03M)

where 2 cop?

I'd own one of these if it had the proper genitalia.

It has everything you need

I need clits.

If it was ARM based or something like that to avoid IME and to get a longer battery time then I'd buy one.

Unfortunately all the umpc out there are shit in the freedom dimension.

Based.
It could work quite well with the EOMA68

Having video in would be super handy for working with industrial PCs at my job.

They make a dongle for that

Eoma doesn't have nearly enough IO for something like this. Also it still hasn't shipped and the crowdsupply project was like 2 years ago.

My eyes aren't good enough for this shit

should i get that or this

Attached: 01-microsoft-surface-go.jpg (830x467, 37K)

absolute state of Jow Forums

Like the logic tester on the back.
There are some Tough books made for the telecom industry that has that on them

Gib vesa mount for compatibility with monitor stands and I'll buy 3.

IME?

EL BAITO

please be bait, please be bait, please be bait.
(also if they were 2 VGAs, 3 monitor setups are based)

and remember, if it does it will cost a gorillion dollars with limited time production, and is prolly going to be half of whats shown in the pic.

thats just one of the many concepts for the bottom

newfag, still, he mant Intel ME, intel botnet wich comes in every intel chipset.

>tablet with keyboard and netbook size
>UMPC
you whot mate

shame about the cpu limitations though
freedom ain't free

Attached: reform-beta3-halved.jpg (1231x848, 522K)

i just want a 10" laptop that doesn't suck but there are none

Aren't they charging like $700 for this piece of shit? I'd consider buying it if it was like MAYBE $300 at most but that piece of shit is no where near worth $700.

I think that might be the price for the hand assembled beta units, I'm going to wait to see how much the it costs when it goes up on crowdsupply.

Holy FUCK that looks amazing. Only criticism I have is the cooling. Would honestly prefer if it was a few mm thicker but fit a proper fan. Maybe even a slightly more powerful package could be an option if this were the case.
Sure it'd use more battery but you could always throttle it to ensure it stays on passive cooling and doesn't use too much power if you need to extend battery life, but for times when you have electricity to plug in to you'd have the option of much better cooling and even performance.

Instead of making it thicker and adding a fan better solution would be using an ARM processor (that's if there is one with enough IO).

"Power" in the sense of computing power isn't really important in a device like this, battery life (ARM would help here as well) is certainly more important.

Trying to maximize the CPU like a gamer fags is one reason why most of the UMPC fail so hard. I'd much rather take 10 hours of battery life and just a dual or quad core at 1GHz than 5 hours with quad core at 3GHz.

X220 with an SSD and RAM upgrade

>rubber dome keyboard

Attached: 1548774390261.gif (487x815, 65K)

Once again, just throttle the CPU when you don't need it. But like half the ports on there I'm gonna use once or twice a year, yet they're still nice to have - same for a better CPU; one day you'll need to compile a bunch of shit and you'll be glad when it saves you 20 minutes of doing nothing. Or maybe you'll be bored and want to play Minecraft.
Anyway improving the CPU wasn't even the crux of my complaint, improving cooling was, just so you can actually use your CPU without melting your knee/palm/arm or throttling.

As for battery life, I think the screen might be the largest draw here. One thing that definitely improved over the years is CPU power consumption. I also feel like all the separate subsystems with their own controllers don't help, but maybe they're insignificant. I really feel like I'd rather have a proper x86 CPU than ARM crap, especially for a laptop meant to just werk and actually do stuff. For example, I would hate having to cross-compile literally all software I wrote simply because I'm developing on ARM for some reason.

>one day you'll need to compile a bunch of shit
That seems like a misunderstanding of what this machine is designed for.
You won't be compiling things when debugging things at the server room or doing other such work.

>improving cooling was
Most ARM CPU run cool enough that they won't need active cooling.
The large aluminum should be good enough for passive cooling.

>For example, I would hate having to cross-compile literally all software I wrote simply because I'm developing on ARM for some reason.
It's not a machine for developers. If you're developing on it you're doing something wrong.

Honestly yeah, I honestly can't think of a better all around package if you don't consider price. Well the keyboard's gotten shitty in recent years but that's why I have my HHKB.

One for VGA-in and one for VGA-out

Well if you're in the server room then you're gonna have electricity available everywhere. Especially with the gazillion ways it accepts charge. Something like five hours of battery life is more than enough to let you walk around debugging stuff without having to drag a charging cable, then you can top it off during lunch or something.

I personally would use it as just a general extremely versatile machine. Form factor small enough to use literally anywhere, display good enough for any task, powerful enough for almost any day to day activity, and all the connectivity and everything would just be an excellent bonus. I'm not even a professional sysadmin or anything.

Somehow it just seems too good to be true. I just don't think all of that is going to end up fitting or working right.
I mean, theoretically, given 10 years of constant, active development from a thousand ideal people, yeah, maybe a solution could be worked out but getting the concept to work as designed almost certainly isn't going to be economically viable.

C U T E and weird

You mean MacShit?

Attached: 78c770472b33ef6f16410aeea4ed5d78d58f81ef_hq.jpg (1024x847, 51K)

how does one order this shit? is there a chink that I can contact?

Look up lcdfans on facebook
Or
have proxy to order straight from 51nb a chinese thinkpad forum
I honestly don't know why you'd want one other the novelty factor

Honestly wonder how that would all fit inside.

>built in otg
NOICE

thinkpad x series is as small as I can go with a keyboard that you can actually type on. Tried the GPD pocket, but the keyboard just doesn't feel right

Attached: x280.jpg (1060x596, 81K)

Well latest update on the crowd supply was 19 of January. And the one before that he got his pcbs.
Also luke mentioned something about EOMA in his last video.

Attached: eoma68-1000-boards_png_project-body.jpg (543x742, 98K)

G I WISH THIS WAS REAL AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I've been using GPD WIN, been playing older or simpler indie games with Xbox controller support, and living the 720p 30fps life. Hasn't been too bad so far.

>russian sys admin with no understanding of patents, manufacturing costs, pcb design, material strength builds something retarded
>Unfortunately, I have no experience with Kickstarter or Indigogo. Maybe you have this experience? Let's do it together!
say no more

you mean like how they already do?

maybe if it's good enough to become a real product instead of a bunch of renders

Thought this was some snobby device made for hipster lifestyle writefags and profs, but it supports a ton of keyboard layouts.

Damn consumerism, now I want one just because its the only modern pda that has my keyboard.

Attached: geminin.png (1211x855, 216K)

front-mounted webcams are dumb. nothing but screen, baby

Attached: mbxp.jpg (970x647, 201K)

>Those thick asymmetrical bezels
Crap design which needs to go back to 2012.