How has Jow Forums never been hacked and the identity of shit posters revealed

Attached: 1483076810_1287823074zpiu4p.jpg (300x450, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

chrishateswriting.com/post/84931829578/when-a-bad-day-gets-worsegetting-hacked-twice-in
encyclopediadramatica.rs/AnonTalk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>how has Jow Forums never been hacked
Has happened several times, Jow Forums's source code was leaked and posted on pastebin once (which an extremely butthurt moot tried to contain by auto-banning anyone posting a link to pastebin), then there was the AnonTalk raid orchestrated by Kimmo and their neverending spambots (which is why we have captcha's today).

>the identity of shit posters revealed
This has also happened several times, pedophiles have been doxxed for forgetting to strip metadata from uploaded images (that the image uploader didn't strip), people have lost their jobs for posting racist memes on /b/ and some butthurt white knight made it their life mission to take revenge etc.

You're not safe posting on Jow Forums.

posts with scat are only permitted at /b/

There have also been thousands of spambots and idiots who leak email, phone nr's, dox themselves or do not check the domain name links for obvious spelling errors.

Other anons already answered the direct questions, but I'll answer the second in another way.

MAJORITY of posters/shitposters literally reveal everything about themselves online. They love the attention. They'll go into data-mining threads, answering questions about where they live, what they do, etc. They'll put on a trip and reveal everything about their miserable lives, they'll even whore themselves on /soc/ or other boards.
So you never have to actually dox them in such a neat way, archives do that for them.

that source code listing was embarrassing to read

People have hacked Jow Forums multiple times.

And yeah people give away their info so fucking easily, there was a guy on /sp/ some years back who autistically stalked a tripfag and managed to collect several pages of information about him until his parents caught him and he had to stop.

>have been doxxed for forgetting to strip metadata from uploaded images
Doesn't Jow Forums strip metadata now though?

what about the aussie shitposter hacking into the mod/janitor boards?
unless I'm misremembering

I think that's happened more than once but yeah that did happen.

Attached: 1544302062399.jpg (1860x1712, 913K)

C O M E
T O
A N O N T A L K, L M A O

based oldfag

Yep, and with people using trips, uploading selfies, joining discords, etc. it's super easy to actually track someone with minimal effort. I mean at that point the person might as well have a public facebook page with all that info.

It does multiple passes for some reason on JPEGs

Security by obscurity, hundreds of thousands use this site, and I'm just some idiot collegefag, nobody cares

Too much effort. People just give away their sensitive info for free in the obvious datamining threads, if you want to stalk some poster who pisses you off you could just find the MD5 for an image they post a lot and search the archives.

There's a schizophrenic guy on /sci/ who namefags and uses a weird system for filenames, he might as well have a post history for how easy he is to track

If you're a name/tripfaggot, expect at least one autist to have a log of all your posts, waiting until he gets enough data to determine your real identity.

/sci/ isn't the only place with people like that, places like /vg/ /mu/ /lgbt/ /trash/ Jow Forums etc all have posters who never change their habits, they use specific filename systems to stand out, they post in specific ways to "trigger" others, like so many data points it's absurd it hasn't been abused to a greater degree

although maybe it has and that's the reason why trips stop posting abruptly

Mods track your IPs and posting habits. They know who you are.

>/sci/ isn't the only place with people like that, places like /vg/ /mu/ /lgbt/ /trash/ Jow Forums etc all have posters who never change their habits, they use specific filename systems to stand out, they post in specific ways to "trigger" others, like so many data points it's absurd it hasn't been abused to a greater degree
Given the way the internet is now, who would really care if they are doxxed, what are you going to do with that info. "Joe Bob shitposts on Jow Forums everyone!"

who cares

I don't think anyone who has actually gotten doxed has been like "you know what, that was fun hope it happens again". Never underestimate people's ability to want to ruin your life is all.

I got doxxed by /cow/ and they just ended up feeling bad for me and gave me opsec advice

lmao fuckin hell m8

>t. joe bob

Oh I remember that day. Many keks were given

Share some?

chrishateswriting.com/post/84931829578/when-a-bad-day-gets-worsegetting-hacked-twice-in

post source code

I remember the autist got mad when people referred to themselves or others as anons on his site instead of AnTs. I also still remember what his mom's apartment front door looked like lol.

It ain't oldfag, it was only a year or 2 back.

You may have seen a nostalgia post, it was close to a decade ago.

encyclopediadramatica.rs/AnonTalk

It's all hazy, which was before Jow Forums.hta or AT spambots? Didn't follow that shit too much, /tg/ wasn't that affected.

Nah, I remember the times when every other post and thread was retarded xfire style CoMe aNd talk on anontalk etc.

that's to counter common executable files rewritten as JPG files

metadata/exif is stripped now (except /p/) but it used not to be the case, including GPS data

>managed to collect several pages of information
you mean he wrote an entire fucking book

Attached: utv.png (675x833, 113K)

Kek I didn't remember it was that big, 7 pages of songs and poems about UTV too. If I was UTV I'd be sure to never fucking tripfag after that.
also
>moving in together plans
I really forgot how obsessed with UTV this guy was.

A general I use is currently dealing with a retard who doxxed himself. He used his full, real name on his throwaway email address and posted his age, location, and school he attended multiple times while using a trip. Then he got spooked and acted so surprised when someone started hinting that they had his info.

>it was only a year or 2 back.
"No"

Get doxed and ask them