Not using i3

>not using i3
explain yourself!

Attached: slftuxxfwuwy.png (3200x1800, 787K)

it doesn't work on windows 10 :(

not using the one im not usign because im not using it is not the one im using

i used to use i3 but then i stopped being autistic

Sway because wayland > xorg

how do I theme my thunar like that?
I just cant seem to install oomox correctly

tiling wms suck by design and it's the trashiest of them all

I am using i3

This and /thread
Install Manjaro

I use blackbox on win10 on my macbook pro 13

Too much bloat.
I use proper unix-way BSPWM.

No point on my high end desktop.
If I'll get myself a laptop, then gonna install it for sure.
Remember using i3 with my old laptop, very comfy. No need to move your hands and use mouse or trackpad.

I spend so much time in emacs I just ended up using exwm

Attached: 2019-01-29-205850_1366x768_scrot.png (1366x768, 366K)

I use Awesome
uwu

I'm not autistic

but i am

i need to do something about that status bar, though

Attached: 2019-01-29-220755_1920x1080_scrot.png (1920x1080, 560K)

>being a corelet

>using floating windows for no reason in i3
explain yourself!

I enjoy i3 but i've never used any other wm though. I've invested so much time configuring/ricing and learning i3 that jumping to another wm makes my comfort zone scream in anger.
A fun thing is that, i can't use traditional DE again after i got used with i3. Tiling wm is a bless.

>uses i3
>has file manager in float mode
>demands explanation
OP is a faggot

Attached: 1543550091219.jpg (275x275, 21K)

I am using i7.

Because trying to look like a hacker from movies is cringy.

But I do use i3.

Same, using budgie atm

I use i3 at work and plain windows 10 at home

>using systemd
explain yourself!

>using a tiling window manager in 2019

Attached: 2019-01-23-1548292264.png (1366x768, 2.45M)

>GUIs in 2019

Really liking this comfy wallpaper

i3 a gay
I use spectrwm instead

windows 10 doesn't work either

Just set it to hide unless you press a certain key or set it to permanently off
The bar is essentially useless desu.

I'm already WindowMaker

I use the better version (Sway)

>not using XFCE

I hope you're not doing this.

I'm using an i7 nerd lmao

shit, why didn't I think of that? just turned it off as an experiment, i'll see if i miss it

I use KDE

Attached: 94666B03-34B4-449D-BF99-3699758170F5.jpg (1080x1331, 216K)

worksflow is pretty nice, but too much work to configure. Call me when it gets a normal configure panel/menu.

Just started using it today. I've got a lot of work to do to make it look how I want, though...

>MOM HAVE YOU CANCELLED MY MEETINGS YET?

You don't have any meetings Carlos

i see
you need to kill yourself manjaro is a piece of shit. It is so how less stable than normal arch which is bleeding edge. Could you really have been to stupid to use an arch install script?

is this less memey to dwm? do you need patches and crap? cause i3 just works.

heard dwm was better, but then u gotta patch it

This

you can use it with xfce panel

Most programs are designed for fullscreen or floating-heavy operation. They may pop tons of windows, each with a different class and name, so writing rules for everything is very slow and timeconsuming. If they're designed for fullscreen operations, rendering becomes fucked if they're not big enough (a simple example that's not proper fullscreen but is what I mean, is dialog boxes with buttons where the button slips off the rendering pane if it's too narrow, thus can't be interacted with at all). The latter would be fine but i3 doesn't support minimizing windows, or conversely temporarily focusing windows, without using workspaces, which prevents restoring a layout after the operation is done.

Tiling WMs are paradise for autists like me.

21st century internet and operating systems are too overwhelming and creepy for me, honestly... but i3 + all those little unixy programs like vim, mpv, zathura, feh, etc. really help me focus. They all just do one thing, they're fully customizable, and they don't violate my privacy or push any noise on me.

Attached: learning_go.png (1920x1080, 691K)

>not using ranger
gtfo and never come back

I am. Ricing is for fags and a waste of time.

Attached: 01-29-2019_1548813098.png (1366x768, 168K)

based

because tiling kinda sucks for most GUI shit
just use something comfy and light like icewm

I find dwm a better window manager but it sucks ass to modify.
What file manager is that? thunar or pcmanfm? I want something because nautilus runs like shit if it isn't running tracker in the background, or gnome

Attached: sorry.jpg (1600x900, 118K)

whats so wrong with using i5?

>tiling window managers are optimal for productivity
then why do only neets use them?

Because I never was able to make the tiling meme work for me. So I'm just using Openbox instead.

I use a tiling wm at work. It's comfy.

>sucks ass to modify
here. Take the 20 minutes to learn the dwm.c and config.h syntax and you'll be able to work wonders without a single patch.
I do have patches though, specfically pertag, moveresize and scratchpad because it makes dwm even more flexible. Since I use qutebrowser I literally only touch my mouse for games. Yet I can move windows around, resize them, etc.
Combine it with dmenu and xdotool and you have an insanely powerful and flexible setup.
i3 can't do half the floating and tagging shit that dwm can.

>sucks ass to modify
Maybe its just me but why would you want to modify it? Seems like if you want to customize it that much a tiling manager isnt for you a desktop is more appropriate.

I add keyboard shortcuts for volume and brightness, that's easy. But I also want to see time left on slstatus and that's another thing I have to search. i3status is more comfy. I like how it behaves by default. Also it crashes with color emojis, or some other weird characters. I have to patch it to fix it. Stupid it isn't on the mainline. All it takes is to open a Firefox page with a weird character on the title to crash dwm compared to i3
yeah that's why I use dwm, the behavior is fucking better. But I want to patch that emoji thing. i3 just renders the font ok

>slstatus
stop with the bloat. A simple xsetroot loop is more than enough. I don't use anything else for the bar.
you can patch in unicode support. Personally it makes me happy when I see a box instead of some faggot face but that's me. various moonruns display just fine in the bar by default and that's all I would ever need for special character support.
Who the fuck uses emojis unironically??

Attached: 2019-01-29-1548817129.png (1366x768, 1.73M)

I don't care about emojis, it just fucking crashes if you have the font installed

because I have a job

Based dwm not putting up with faggotry.
Anyway just apply the Unicode patch

2bwm

>not using dwm
So suckful

I'm using something better

Attached: 29_Jan_2019.png (1920x1080, 426K)

I think wmii is nicer than i3 (with the defaults) but dwm is typically preferred over both for the simplicity.

>complains about bloat
>uses meme status widget
at least you have good taste in music

>fan of linux, freedom, minimalism...
>doesn't even like to patch

There's a lot of weeks where I have a million things to do and having conky cat out the calcurse to do list is the most efficient and "clean" way of having notes on your desktop.
also I like the qt 2006 look of it

Poast wallpaypur, plz

I don't like how it looks.

I use dwm because my computer is not a toy and I have better things to do

>not using windows 7
explain yourself.

transparent terminals were always fucking gay
that image is randomly chosen from a folder of like 600 other images user. It would take me forever to find it. And yeah I got really bored a couple months back and wrote a wallpaper randomizer script.

>wrote a wallpaper randomizer script.
did you write
feh --recursive --randomize --bg-fill ~/Your/Wallpaper/Directory?

Also poast wallpapr plz

You don't need to patch anything.

BSPWM exists.

i3 is reddit shit and it fucking blows. Use the mouse, hipster.

You actually deserve a (You).

>breaks two decades worth of useful graphical *nix applications
lol nope, not even once

My only gripe with i3 is that it ships with dmenu and there's no way to make that thing exclude non-desktop entries while keeping the names from taking on the fucking autistic aliases. E.g. "File" for the file manager, "Ebook Reader" for calibre, etc. It fucking pisses me off to no end.

I like women and don't take autism medication.

Use jmenu, nigga.

Using it, but not on my main machine. OpenSUSE Tumbleweed with i3 for play, Debian stable with xfce for production.

link? i'm only getting some java monstrosity on my search results

That's because you're gay

>Install Manjaro
why? I don't give a shit about random bugs and I'm not a fucking retard I can install Arch without and installer.
Stop shilling this piece of shit.

I don't get what you are saying. I use default dmenu, the .desktop version is shit because it excludes the suggestions for nom desktop binaries. You are referring to that?

I don't use feh. It's both a shitty image viewer and a shitty wallpaper setter.
I've been using sxiv and xwallpaper for years now and haven't had a single problem.
I use ls, shuf and xargs to get a random image from whatever theme wallpaper folder I want and pass it through to xwallpaper to set it. then run the script with a cron job every 10 minutes.

Yes. It's damn awful and I hate it.

what's the wallpaper there?

not an archfag but seriously I hate Manjaro. Arch is known for having regressions with the upgrades so why the fuck would you go and make an "easy to install distro" based on Arch? Is the worse of both worlds, you're better off in Ubuntu if you are that retarded. And having a distro of a distro can only be done with Ubuntu because it has money for developers, or exact copies as CentOS, but manjaro is just a bunch of amateurs hacking together an is with packages from other distro. I'm almost sure it doesn't even teach to check sums when downloading the iso and there are no security advisories.
If you use Linux Mint or Manjaro just get the fuck back to Windows or kill yourself

>shitty wallpaper setter
oh so that's why you needed to write a script for a basic function already in feh?
Huh

Basically all Arch-derivatives are hack jobs piled on without any testing whatsoever. I've heard some horror stories from [spoiler]trusted Arch users[/spoiler] I've met irl at a convention.

I am. I use i3 on my desktop and xfce on my laptop.

why would you do that? It's more convenient to use a tiling wm on a small screen with poor controls and in many ways more convenient to use a floating wm on a desktop with a large keyboard and an actual mouse.

a basic program that does one thing well is superior to some hacked together shit.
Also feh leaves shitty txt files in all your image folders fuck that. sxiv is much better at being an image viewer and xwallpaper is much better at setting wallpapers.
Just the fuck that I can do whatever the fuck I want though simple bash scripting is a bonus.

also using simple programs makes my "userland" completely distro, init and OS agnostic.

Attached: 2018-12-30-1546218137.png (1366x768, 672K)

oh devuan is fucking trash by the way. artix and hyperbola are much better.

Attached: 2018-12-29-1546135971.png (1366x768, 826K)

>devuan
>not hacked together shit
lmao
amateur jobs for fun, nobody pays them for doing that. And is not like they have a strong community to make software like arch, is to be expected that they are shit. In the same channel there's the Debian derivatives others than Ubuntu
>W-we are the best distro se swear