pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Group Buys
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nl3D0wIqf3tU43bu0mc0LSkxeh2CxGrchr_OViEjZ4c/htmlview
massdrop.com/
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

previous tread:

Attached: 21432972_282779425549630_3127504701270067420_n.jpg (720x686, 77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/Fake-Turd-In-A-Jar-Yellow-Pee/32876324400.html
amazon.com/Element-Mechanical-Keyboard-Resistant-Anti-Ghosting/dp/B073QN5P1N/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1548823299&sr=8-4&keywords=mechanical keyboard brown 81 key
monoprice.com/product?p_id=33542
dgnpet.com/npet-g10-87-keys-wired-rgb-backlit-gaming-keyboard-p-448.html
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=4271
keyboardtester.com/tester.html)
youtu.be/-HLV6mUxNnU
github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware/tree/master/keyboards/facew
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for ALPS

>>try this
#define ENSH MT(MOD_RSFT, KC_ENT)

to clarify, this is my preprocessor define. put it near the top of your keymap.c and put ENSH in the keymap. the preprocessor define just means it replaces everywhere it finds ENSH with MT(MOD_RSFT, KC_ENT) when it compiles.

3rd for dactyl-manuforms.

Attached: IMG_20180926_161727.jpg (3100x1606, 830K)

Halo clears feel nice, but they are wobbly as fuck. What are some nice things that I can do with them that aren't holy pandas.

You make one of the other frankenswitches (with retooled mx, outemu sky, etc).

Are retooled mx blacks really that smooth? I have mx blacks from my first filco that are 6 years old and they feel pretty smooth desu. I've been thinking of building a board with blacks and a brass plate, but I'm not sure if retooled are a meme or not.

Buy a few from arrow at 20-something cents each and find out m8.

hey dactyl manuform bro I have a question since I'm thinking of building one soon.
The original build guide says to use RJ-9 connectors and I've seen builds that use them. Why?
At first I thought it was using more wires to just bridge the matrices but the guide still says to use 2 pro micros and the wiring just shows 3 lines to each connector. So is it just the same as using a TRRS jack? Could I just use a TRRS instead? If so, which should I go for? the pictures make it kinda hard to visualize

Attached: 2.jpg (1280x853, 170K)

are there different gauges of o-ring or can i just buy a pack of whatever for a cherry mx red board?

is that onion milk? looks pretty thin

Not that manuform bro, but I've built one without trrs or rj9. Just three plain breadboard cables.
Basically, the cable is for connecting data (a3, iirc), ground, and vcc pins from master to slave. Nothing more nothing less.

There are different thicknesses and different hardnesses, but anything with about 5mm inner diameter should work fine.

oh ok, so it is just to connect the serial lines. I just wanted some confirmation since I've only ever seen ribbon cables that connect one big matrix or TRRS jacks for serial/i2c so the RJ-9 threw me off.
thanks user

just go to your local hardware store and pick up a pack that fits

Attached: o rings.jpg (3240x2430, 707K)

O rings are also amazing for cable management

>see a nice keyboard
>gun doesn't compliment it

Buy nice keyboard and gun to compliment it

where can i get double shot pbt keycaps in that retro-looking off-grey color

based, thanks for the hardware store suggestion too, somehow never would have thought of it
i guess i want 2mm for MX Red?

The reason for the RJ9 jack is because the cable clips in really. The cable you use doesn't matter as long as it has 3 (or 4 if you're using i2c) pins. If you want trrs jacks just go on aliexpress, digikey or whatever and search for a standard jack. You'd have to modify the case itself for the different jack of course.

Attached: 10pcs-2-5mm-Phone-Jack-4-contacts-4-conductors-TRRS-Audio-Stereo-Socket-Through-Hole-Right.jpg (614x500, 28K)

china
aliexpress.com/item/Fake-Turd-In-A-Jar-Yellow-Pee/32876324400.html

What's the best PBT keyset for Alps mount?

The old IBM dye-sub ones. 1.5mm thick with legends so sharp they'll give doublshot ABS a run for it's money

Greetings, anons
First time getting a keyboard, I use a typical rubber dome office keyboard, but the wrist rest is not removable and it has a numpad

I was looking at these two:
amazon.com/Element-Mechanical-Keyboard-Resistant-Anti-Ghosting/dp/B073QN5P1N/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1548823299&sr=8-4&keywords=mechanical keyboard brown 81 key
and
monoprice.com/product?p_id=33542

Could I get some feedback? I heard the brown types are the more silent types of mechanical

It's chink shit so it's definitely gonna be louder then a rubber dome. The sound of bottoming out is louder then the actuating mechanism of the switch, which means that blue switches can be louder then browns depending on the build quality of the keyboard.

Alright then, so which outemu switch would be most prefered then?
Also, aren't all mech keyboards louder than rubber?
Can't I just put those o rings to make it quiet?

>Also, aren't all mech keyboards louder than rubber?
Not necessarily. The board I have zilents in right now is actually quieter than a standard dogshit rubber dome board.

some mechs are even quieter then a rubber dome, the real question is how much money are you willing to spend? o-rings do help, but again it also depends on the construction of the keyboard and keycaps.

O-rings will make the bottom-out quieter, but not the return.
All the non-clicky switches (black, brown, red) should sound similar, the cheap knockoff clicky ones (blue) should be avoided anyway because they sound awful.
Blacks have a stiffer spring than reds, so you may bottom out less but the upstroke might be a little louder.

Outemu switches are all higher pitched and louder then their cherry counterparts. If you really want something quiet and cheap then just get a good rubber dome keyboard witch decent key rollover for like 30-40 bucks on amazon.

Thanks for the replies, friends.
I'm just dipping my toes in, you know
My range is about 45 tops, that's why I showed those two links. The amazon one seems a little popular as far as chinkshit boards go, but the Monoprice one looks really nice.
But in reality, would both of them have the same build quality since they are using metal frames?
The only thing that bothers me really is that the monoprice has a one color led theme only

Do you have any suggestions of a good rubber rome that is compact and made of metal?

One those two keyboards only the top plate is metal, the rest of the case is plastic. You can get the Drevo gramr if you want something a bit more compact and doesn't look like a turd.

Hey user, thanks for the suggestion
It does look nice and is brown too
However, one of the reviews said that it had issues with o-rings
"- Trying to use O rings with these switches/keycaps make the key registering being pressed be difficult. (I ended up taking them off, that's how iffy it was)"
Is this a problem with this board only you think? Or do all chink boards go through this issue as well?

O-rings go on the keycaps so you could always replace them if you have issues. Or maybe get thinner ones.

Metal is a meme, but if you insist here
dgnpet.com/npet-g10-87-keys-wired-rgb-backlit-gaming-keyboard-p-448.html

Would you guys be against the E-Element Z-88?

Attached: usp2000.jpg (2400x1600, 1.48M)

USP and a P2000 at the same time? Is csgo a lie then?

i like the color scheme

They're 90% the same thing but not completely, it's just mocked up together nonfunctional.

Newbie here
Yesterday user recommanded to look ducky or cooler Master keyboard.

So I took a look and few keyboard intresting me now

First I almost fell in love with the ducky miya pro forest fary. It Will cost me around 170$ to have it in belgium. Without saying that I wont use the layout but a belgian azerty.

The ducky one 2 mini looks great but I am a bit afraid of the '' too small '' the need for the fn key for the arrow look like a pain.

The cooler Master sk630 looks like what I am looking for but it's ugly rgb ligth on a boring Black plate make me Sad, I guess that we can't expect to have it customize.

Do you guies have recommandation about those ?
Thanks

Attached: large_MY68N1NWFI5Va-0_main.jpg (2400x1600, 279K)

I'm Also kind of afraid of the miss of F Keys, this one looks total perfect but it's far more expensive.
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=4271
Any comment about it

Varmilo does make some nice boards. If it's considerably more expensive than the ducky miya just stick with that. Using Fn+number row for the F keys isn't that big of a deal.

Been doing research on building myself a 60% board. I want to buy parts, solder it, basically do everything that doesn't involve dicking around with programming or installing a microcontroller.

Where do you guys even start? Also are there any go to sites where I can source a majority of the parts or am I going to be left waiting for massdrop shit and groupbuys in small niche forums?

What I'm planning so far:

- Clear Cherry MX Browns
- White SPRiT FaceW
- LEDs, cause rice (guessing LED covers won't be needed if I want solid keycaps with lights that glow under?)
- Plate + case undecided for now
- keycaps undecided
- stabilizers undecided

Am I missing anything important?

I recently built a tada68 (65%) with all of the parts except for the switches (halo clears) being from kbdfans. You can get everything you want from there for pretty cheap.

Just looked them up and they seem pretty legit! thanks

just get the cherry stabs, don't bother with the other kinds.
make sure you test your pcb before soldering anything. just plug it in, pull up the default keymap, and touch all the switch pads with a wire or metal tweezers or something with a keyboard tester up. (keyboardtester.com/tester.html)
I would get gateron browns instead. way cheaper ($2.40 instead of $10 for 10 switches) and some argue they feel better than cherry. they don't have a clear housing anymore but the top is still translucent if you care about that. I've use gateron switches often and have had good experiences with them, just a couple of switches that have felt inconsistent so feel the switches before you solder.
if you want to save a bit of money, you don't need a plate if you have pcb mount switches. pcb mount switches have a couple of extra plastic nubs that stick into the pcb and hold the switch in place.
LEDs are fine, but if you need to desolder a switch they can be a real pain. just a warning.
Also I know you said you don't want to mess with programming but I urge you to try qmk without a gui tool. you do have to write the keymap, but just copy the default and fill the keymap with your own keys. it will be good in the long run to get familiar with it even if you don't use it now.

I'll have to see if I can get a hold of testers for gateron browns. I'm coming from mx blues and the mx browns I tried in the store a few months ago feel heavenly while not being too loud.

I suppose that I could go plateless but I figure that if I'm going to be using the keyboard for the next several years, might as well go the extra step and make it look nice and get it installed while everything's fresh?

And how does LED add to the difficulty of desoldering? I've never worked on or owned a board with LEDs in the switches before so this will be new to me.

looks like programming can't be too bad if it's just copying over the defaults and tweaking it. I just get overwhelmed with everything whenever I have to wander into github for something hah.

OK thank

>I figure that if I'm going to be using the keyboard for the next several years, might as well go the extra step and make it look nice and get it installed while everything's fresh?
yeah get a plate if you want it, just letting you know the option is available. if you get the plate later, you would have to desolder every switch to put it on.

>And how does LED add to the difficulty of desoldering?
the LEDs go on top of the switch, through the housing and into the pcb. to take the switch off you have to desolder the LED too. desoldering anything with more than one lead can be a challenge

>I just get overwhelmed with everything whenever I have to wander into github for something
there are some good guides on setting up to flash the keymaps.
video guide: youtu.be/-HLV6mUxNnU
if you use linux, you can skip the msys install and if you're on windows you can use the ubuntu app in the app store instead if you want though I couldn't get that one to run the .sh to install everything (you can do it manually easily tho).
that pcb isn't qmk ready out of the box tho. you have a few extra steps since it uses a different microcontroller github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware/tree/master/keyboards/facew

I needed a new keyboard and bought the first one that I saw in store, apparently it's mechanical (Redragon Dark Avenger), is it actually?

Should I get the ducky one 2 mini or the pok3r? RGB doesn't really matter to me and they're about the same cost where I live

New keyboard, thoughts?
Kailh Box White switches

Attached: IMG_20190130_130422_087.jpg (1280x960, 173K)

Check Candykeys since you're in Europe, to avoid getting hit with a fuckload of VAT and customs fees.

kailh CHOC. are they any gud?

Found this old IBM keyboard in the storage, how should I go about cleaning it?

Attached: 1548858971523.jpg (2304x1728, 2.26M)

Throw it in the dishwasher

Should I lube my Otemu Browns?

aww sweaty.. did nobody tell you...? we don't ACTUALLY use brown switches here. nobody does. we recommend them as a meme to get newfags to fall for them and buy them, they are really that bad.

Have you ever tried mx blue? How does it compare to them?
I only have box pale blue and it feels snappier and tastier than mx blue.

Too bad then. It seems like I have no choice but to use remaining lube for your mom's small asshole so my enourmous dick won't tear down her butt.Good for her and you I guess.

>getting this mad over a common troll
First day here chump?

no. I just lost faith in humanity a long time ago.

shut up faggot get back to blabit

yes, mx blue feels like trash after typing on these, it feels very mushy and the click sounds dimmed and not as crisp
have you tried box whites? how are they compared to pale blues? i was wondering about the different box switches as i was buying the board, i went with box whites in the end, but the board is hotswappable so I could change switches out easily

Niz Atom66 with Topre clones
vs
Anne Pro 2 with Gateron Reds

Both programmable, approximately same price.

Attached: atom66.jpg (1200x900, 181K)

Use an un-used toothbrush, Maybe some compressed air, if needed remove all keycaps, or most, because it can easily break with these old ones if u do it wrong. And vacuum all the shit that's inside.

Topre clones are much quieter and feel much better.

>Browns
Mind as well throw it in the trash. They suck ass.

Anyone know how big the difference is between zealios v1 and v2. I want to know before I pay that zeal tax

V2 are MUCH more tactile.

>assdrop selling a fucking book on switches for 70 usd
HAHAHHAHAHAHHA.

Attached: n7Ng6rslRWmwsrZ5Motk_AI7B5404-copy.jpg (955x637, 65K)

Holy Fuck it is real. My sides.

Attached: man-laughing.jpg (1000x791, 76K)

top kek

IMO pretty good price for such a niche product. Personally if I'd have been a seller I'd raise a price up to 100$.

Are you Jewish, by any chance?

explain... the product is not even high quality. Look at those "e"s and "a"s.

Seriously it is just a catalog... with only 12 switches. It is a fucking scam through and through

Attached: qNMOfYD5QleEAjRAcozF_AI7B5375-copy.jpg (313x209, 21K)

I don't know, but my mother really hates Hitler (someday my sister said "you look like Hitler" to my father and my mom locked her down in the closet for a week) and my father sleeps all Saturday.

People trying to take advantage of a niche hobby are the fucking worst. I hope nobody buys this and the fucking chink/nip/gook goes bankrupt

Attached: ti3R3Gr.gif (564x313, 1.8M)

Hey Jow Forums recommend me a switch. I already have clicky Alps keyboard and love it.
However, I'm thinking about building dactyl keyboard and need advice on something tactile and clicky.

Thanks

Attached: 4f1.jpg (724x720, 48K)

>higher quality image

Attached: GnDbO9jShSG6tWqOxnfM_Capture.jpg (1075x711, 120K)

>People trying to take advantage of a niche hobby
Apparently you never heard of the company called Topre, they practically memed some crappy rubber domes on reddit and now people think HHKB is a god-send keyboard.

Any Box clickbar switch

People have been meming the HHKB since the 90s.

Incorrect.

Yes they have. Even Linux magazine gave it a perfect score in their review which lead to Richard Stallman using a HHKB as his daily driver since the 90s.

are you just making things up? richard stallman is not even affiliated with linux. some distributions of his GNU OS come with linux as the default kernel

Not at all. RMS loves his HHKB, even other programmers fell for the meme like the creator of C++.

lol, GNU OS, do you mean those shitty C utils he wrote?

>tfw you realise that you wasted 200$ on rubber dome keyboard

Attached: hhkb.jpg (600x475, 55K)

the true despair of rms typing on 200$ rubberdomes

Attached: hhkb2.jpg (1024x680, 281K)

if only you knew how bad things really are

Attached: hhkb3.jpg (1280x1024, 129K)

based anti-topre posters telling it how it is

alps, capacitive buckling spring, beamspring or fuck off out of this thread, $200 rubberdome sissies

RMS is a commie, he probably stole it from one of his cuck followers

>crappy rubber domes
>ie. Person who never used Topres
>not knowing the bke mod makes the most tactile and best feeling switch in the current market

Why we talking about RMS all of a sudden? He has been irrelevant for awhile. He also likes the hhkb for the layout rather than the feel, he stated that plenty for people who got autographs from him.

and by alps i mean complicated alps

you sound poor. The grapes are amazingly delicious btw.

Attached: The-Fox-and-the-Grapes.jpg (400x624, 61K)

>He has been irrelevant for awhile
So? I bet not a lot of people know your mom as a person and yet it doesn't mean I can't occassionally play with my memories of her drying my balls.

t. sucker who fell for the topre meme

the japs are laughing all the way to the bank