Attached: download.png (1024x202, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rkN8V2Xogsw
spyware.neocities.org/articles/http.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I’m gay

its good, i switch from sucksuckdick to it

DuckDuckGo on Yandex rocks my world

This is an obvious shill thread. Move along.

what do you mean by this?
pointing out the obvious.

Do we have decentralized/distributed search that is even better than startpage?

But I am using it. It's the best search engine on the web. Google results without google botnet.

but I am already using qwant

Because if I search Startpage from the address bar the tab title is just "Startpage Search" instead of the search term/phrase

searx

Because I'm using searx.me
and yandex for reverse image search

Attached: test.png (120x120, 6K)

I use it. No problems so far.

>I have no problems with them selling my data to google anyways and just pretending to do something good
lol

Searchonymous makes it irrelevant

slow
uses google results
ddg is better

>No !bangs
>No instant answers
>Shitty Google results
>All results censored from Google are also censored from StartPage
Why should I use StartPage?

i know talking out your ass is popular at the moment but come on

> ddg is better
never post

>No !bangs
This.

Startpage cucks: youtube.com/watch?v=rkN8V2Xogsw

For (You):

Why yandex over bing?

>based russians vs bill gates' faggot cock
easy choice

I used to use Startpage, but:

1) Notoriously slow
2) Like, not even just slow, but occasionally goes down -- something Google, et al., never do
3) Unreliable when it comes to serious searching (e.g. looking up computer errors)
4) Rather obviously gets bastardized results from Google -- like, literally, part of Startpage's contract with Google (yes, a contract) is that Google is allowed to feed their searches whatever they want, so Google purposely doesn't give Startpage searches the best quality

Mind you, this was all from using Startpage as my main search engine for like 4-6 months. It's a lot better than DDG, in my opinion, but it still sucks compared to just using Google incognito.

For a long time it was my main search engine. It lets you use google without google using you.

searx is fine, though sometimes slow. And startpage is/will be subject to all google censorship.

I wonder about the business models of these thogh. Startpage pays google to run searches and makes money via StartMail.

I can see using StartMail if you didn't use StartPage, but if you use startpage you would have better security by using a different mail.

My guess is that these all are run by some interest or another, all the vpns and all the email services and all the search engines that are logging what you do. You have no idea what government is funding them so you can try to spread your shit around.

Maybe some of them are on the up and up but you have no way of knowing which.

Also you can use google directly from tor, so why not do that?

Actually except for Jow Forums where logging in via tor even with a pass is too much of a pain and only works once in a while or dealing with google who seems to insist on texting you if you log in via tor,just using tor for everything is fast enough for me.

I got a burner flip phone but I wish I paid another 10 bucks for a burner android phone.

Then I could have it connected in the woods in a box to a solar cell running mightytext and read my texts from home via tor. then I could use google. Probably will do that when I get my next burner phone.

Alternately you could connect an OOMA (or something like it ) to a box with a battery near some public wifi. Then you can get messages online

Really good in theory and I don't even mind how slow it is, but the truth is that you don't get the same results as google, and that makes it unusable for me.

I consider that a feature.

Because it's slow as shit and just a Google frontend. Qwant is better, Searx is better, and even DuckDuckGo would be better.

Also it's not slow.. What are you talking about?

When browsing tor, it's not unusable. I feel like I went back in time 7-10 years. And that honestly wasn't too bad. I can even watch videos usually without trouble via tor.

It is slow compared to a regular google search.

I use qwant because I'm french and for once I can support a french product.

i remember it had endless scrolling.

>using websites
nice try

explain

I use it except for looking for PDF's. Google is better for it cause it have "PDF" symbol on the right

spyware.neocities.org/articles/http.html

Why should I?

the urls end with a .pdf bud

>using search engine in 2019
lmfao

Any of you whipper snappers ever heard of a library?

So much this.

Because why would I when I use my own instance of searx?

Attached: laindoor2.png (1080x1920, 405K)

does bing have reverse image search

I stop when they "updated" their look, I hate it now so im back to ddg (and bing for naughty pics)

Attached: r0n9wppuqh801.jpg (1200x800, 115K)

Oy vey, Shlomo.

/thread

Attached: 0b38fb12feca578fd79c64c33aab7e50de1694f1.png (332x450, 130K)

You can tell the DDG shills, they're the ones claiming startpage is 'slow'. It returns search results in milliseconds.

I was using it but they need to put up EU servers. waiting 2-3s for the page to load in a known eastern european country with 100/100 internet is not ok. until they dont stop using some shitty american servers for europeans i dont use it

autism

for americans maybe