The Official Jow Forums Ryzen LOVE AND APPRECIATION Thread

>2019
>Not loving and appreciating Ryzen products for making computing competitive and affordable

Post your LOVE for your Ryzen product here and remember, anybody who hates Ryzen also hates competition and wants to be enslaved by a global monopoly.

Attached: 2019-01-06-18-21-49.jpg (770x578, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

anandtech.com/show/13915/amd-amends-agreement-with-globalfoudries-set-to-buy-wafers-till-2021
youtube.com/watch?v=ylvdSnEbL50
theregister.co.uk/2019/01/30/amd_q4_2018_revenue_miss/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>ironically-unironic grassroots shilling
this is my kind of thread

AMD PSP fuck off

> can't OC past 4.3GHz

L O L O L

I'm just waiting to upgrade to ryzen 5 3600x to replace my aging i5 4690k that's bottlenecking my rtx 2070

Attached: giphyer.gif (322x242, 1.37M)

But almost matches Intel at a lower TDP anyhow.

>can't OC below 90C

>>I'm just waiting to upgrade to ryzen 5 3600x to replace my aging i5 4690k that's bottlenecking my rtx 2070
mmmmmm yes

Can't wait to upgrade my 4690k + r9 290 to something more modern, it's starting to show its age.
A 3700X and maybe an RTX 2070 or AMD equivalent if that ever comes out.
Kinda want a pretty 1440p 144hz display.

>>Not loving and appreciating Ryzen products for making computing competitive and affordable
I really appreciate AMD for this fact alone.
I just wish they were more competitive in the GPU market.

t. intel/nvidia fag

Why does it need b die ram?

I had a non k for about 4 years it was terrible
Glad I waited till Ryzen went from a 1600x to a 2700x

Because infinity fabric is dependent on RAM clock speeds, and B die memory can achieve higher clock speeds more easily than other modules.

>AMD shills don't even try to be subtle

Should I buy my b die ram now in prep for zen3?

>GF alimony payment finally ended

Attached: GF.png (743x265, 50K)

>upgrade a minor refresh after a year
Intel would be proud...well in the end it's your money

You don't need b die ram, anything 2666MHz+ is good enough and you can overclock it anyway.
That and there are a lot of rumours about infinity fabric being independent from ram speeds so if you want to buy ryzen 3, just wait for more info to come out, ram prices are expected drop during all of 2019 anyway

First time AMD processor user here (Ryzen 5 2600X)
This shit good

In zen 2 the infinity fabric clock will be separated from RAM clock. Though b-die remains the best RAM on market and the only samsung chip that goes into 16 GB highspeed modules so if you want futureproof ram you better buy that. For 8 GB modules e-die is pretty good too and sometimes gives even better results than b-die, especially since b-dies are heavily binned now and good chips only go into overpriced modules, while you can find good e-dies even in value ram. E-die has 2 times less capacity so it only allows 8GB dual rank modules (8GB b-die modules are single rank, 16 GB b-die are dual rank).

if anyone's selling a 4790k+asus maximus vii hero when zen2 comes out hmu I wanna make a top tier DDR3 build for fun

But whens the 3000 line coming, I need something to replace my 2500k

Attached: huh.jpg (541x559, 99K)

>muh PSP
build your own chip if you have a problem with that shit, intel does it too

I have some hynix 8GB single rank sticks though, are you sure your info is up to date?

Su said 'mid-year'. Computex would be a great time to launch it. meanwhile AMD celebrates 50th anniversary on 1st of Mai. i bet they will show something this date

Fuuuck, that's ages away. I need a new CPU right now.

>anandtech.com/show/13915/amd-amends-agreement-with-globalfoudries-set-to-buy-wafers-till-2021
FUCK your alimony, GF!

Attached: 1540721216714.png (693x1024, 682K)

Obviously hynix is not samsung

>I need something to replace my 2500k
Oh god me too. I can't believe it's been this long.

3770k here, running at 4.5Ghz (decided to delid it a year ago).
>tfw it's barely worth upgrading to ryzen yet unless moar cores are needed
Can I expect a serious bump in singlethread performance from ryzen 2? I want to jump of the jew train, but only if it's worth it.

I love my all AMD build.
Ryen 1700 at 4Ghz, 16GB of CL15 3000Mhz with extra tight timings and a Vega 64.
My max frames may be lower than intel/nvidia setups, but my min frames are glorious.
Zero stutter, smooth as butter and incredibly consistent.
This is by far the smoothest feeling computer I've ever owned both for workstation and gaming, and I've had Intel, Nvidia and AMD mix and match before.

I can't wait to get that 3700X!
Thank you based AMD, thank you Mommy Su.

Pretty sure AMD's not hard-bound to them like before. AMD can now go to other fabs for the best stuff, while at the same time they can go to GloFo for the cheap parts (the I/O dies)

I wanted to buy a top of the line Zen 2, but I can't wait until Q2+. I can't fucking bear my Haswell i5 anymore, it's too slow. I'll probably just buy a used i7 from ebay and overclock it.

Get a 2700K or a 3770K and OC it now and then do the full upgrade to Zen 2 when it comes out.

>AMD GPU
user what the fuck

Attached: 1548459056712.png (512x512, 144K)

Roses are Red, Violets are blue,
Intel's crying in fear, Thanks to Lisa Su

Attached: meme-win-baby-lisa-su.jpg (600x336, 17K)

my motherboard is LGA1150, so I was going to get the i7-4790K

change it to Doc Su

at least PSP doesn't have SA-00075, SA-00086 or SA-00112

why would they, this is their board now.
Same as shilling on /v/ with videogames.
Face it this site has gone to utter shit and it's literally irredeemable at this point.
It's a less obvious facebook tier, just a place to advertise to the good goys.

Vega is great. Fuck Novideo.

my 390x still doing a decent job even at 1440p

>tfw still using an i7-980
Can't believe I had to wait nearly a decade for another 6 core 12 thread i7, and that only happened because AMD became competitive again

Guess my next build after 9 fucking years is gonna be a Ryzen 7 machine

>why would they, this is their board now.
This isn't

You are stating things you hope, you wish for. If you look at it objectively, without being blinded by what you want things to be, you'l see.

I can disable on my motherboard.

>buy a ryzen laptop
>its shit
>perform horrible on windows 10
>no drivers for linux at all
$2000 wasted. never again, fuck amd

>things that happened in my sleep

>people will believe me when i made up storys on this taiwanese amiibo board!

>shit that never happened
Using a Ryzen laptop right now and my drivers updated a week ago.

>unless moar cores are needed
Moar coars are indeed needed.

13:30
youtube.com/watch?v=ylvdSnEbL50

And still fails to match the single core performance of an i5 6600

which?

not for long

currently have a 1700 at stock speed, it works great for everything I do, games and virtual machines, 10/10 would buy again.
I might get a threadripper next time tho.

>In zen 2 the infinity fabric clock will be separated from RAM clock
No and they have no reason to.

>Tfw 5820k
I'm tired of the eternal wait guys, I want to upgrade to the next gen Threadrippers already!

Attached: CV3rZNMXAAA79rA.jpg (278x361, 25K)

Hello AMD people. Recently had my 8 year old i5 2500k die and was honestly considering AMD for the first time ever at least on the CPU side, not sure of GPU side quite yet might just stick initially with what was in the computer. Ironically this happens a few months before a new Ryzen comes out which gives me time to save the monies. One nice thing I noticed is that they come with the coolers are those any good? Intels don't come with those anymore.

i regret my purchase everyday. 2700X bottlenecks a 1070ti. super slow in matlab as well..

>One nice thing I noticed is that they come with the coolers are those any good?
coolers are actually quite capable but not the most quiet ones tho. you can compare them to a 212 Evo i'd say. the Wraith Prism (biggest one) only comes with the 2700X, no way to know what will be sold with Ryzen 3xxx series CPU's.

>this post is sponsored by Principled Technologies
thanks alot guys!

Ryzen has had support for Linux since day one. It's x86, not a magic platform. Shut up, liar.

notOP but how's the gaming performance. I really don't want to have to go to windows 10.

>tripfag

Attached: 1541246183696.jpg (480x247, 12K)

Ah alright , don't know what a 212 evo sounds like because I actually used the stock cooler that came with my 2500k, well except that I put arctic on it instead of the stock paste that was on there. Attaching it though at the time was a bitch. But yeah, even if I don't get a 3 series would the 2's go down to be a good value or better to just go with 3 ya think?

The only games that require such top end power are AAA lootbox-infested flavors of the month. If that's what you cannot live without, Windows 10 is your destiny.

Do I buy a 2600x or wait for ryzen 5 to come out?

i would really really wait for Ryzen 3xxx series man. new arch changes and 7nm 'looks' so fucking good right now that you'd kick your ass as soon as they show the 12c/24t CPU (or even 16c/32t one when leaks turn out to be true)

you wait for more infos or leaks at this point.

2666 is doable by the shittiest 3000 ram by just applying DOCP
Most of Ryzens Ram OC problems were Shit Bios Firmware, because AMD held tight lips almost up to launch.

I never before had a Board with >20 Firmware versions in just 2 years

Hmm then yeah prob best to even when the old stuff goes down to save a bit more for the 3s instead. Money's tight so it will be at least a few months anyway.

Israeli govermenti giving Intel 1 billion a year that comes from us tax payers Intel will never die...why dosent America give and 1 billion a year since they create more jobs in the usa

can you shill me some ryzen laptop? A485?

Do you guys think it'll be possible to install win7 on the 3xxx cpus like you could with the 2xxx series?

>why dosent America give and 1 billion a year since they create more jobs in the usa
why doesn't the US just nuke the whole ME and be done with their BS once and for all.

>Money's tight so it will be at least a few months anyway.
good. tho many people bought Ryzen 2xxx series last year during BLACKED friday & christmas cause major discounts, too bad you missed it

Attached: 1538433130005.gif (222x554, 604K)

Nah money was a bit of an issue then as well and the computer still worked fine for me then it wouldn't been on my mind anyway to think about what my next system was. Winter is a bitch.

>BLACKED

Don't you mean black ?

why wouldn't you be able to?
it's still an x86 processor

Hello, I need to build a PC that I'm gonna use for game developing, video editing and gaming of course.

Due to the circumstances I cannot wait much and need it soon, I was thinking getting a Ryzen 5 2400g, just to be able to at least start doing some work, and later down the line get a better CPU.

So I got these questions:

Should I do it or suck it and wait a little longer for an R5 2600x or Ryzen 3 series at that point maybe?

Just go for an i5-8400?

How is AMD's linux support? I'm using Fedora lately.

There would be no problem with the motherboard right?
A the 2400g, 2600x and 3XXX can be on the same mobo right?

I'm working a fucking 7 y/o laptop with a mobile i7, and I've been starting to do some more serious stuff lately and it just screams at whatever I try
to do.

Attached: hmmm.jpg (261x216, 11K)

Don't get i5-8400, you'll regret it later. Ryzen can always be upgraded later.

buy a 1700x with an x470 mobo
will cost you like 250 bucks and since zen 2 uses the same chipset you can keep the mobo if you want to upgrade to a 3xxx

wait til zen 2

t. 9900K 2080ti user

And that's the 3 series right?

>tfw Ryzen 7 2700X at 4.25GHz with 2 GTX 1070 Tis and 2 SSDs in RAID 0
feels good to have the best of everything bros

the Register is stealing our memes again

theregister.co.uk/2019/01/30/amd_q4_2018_revenue_miss/

Attached: ayyy lmao.jpg (561x677, 71K)

this, 1700x is dirt cheap right now

poo in the cpu

what the fuck

Just a get a better CPU. Your GPU is still fine for 1080p today, especially if you BIOS flash it to a 290X.

Somehow people got away with lying for years that 4c/4t with Haswell IPC is enough to run both modern games, windows, and basic shit running in the background at the same time. There was just too overwhelming an amount of idiots to bother trying to argue with especially when you had to pay so much for 8 threads thanks to Intel

1st gen Ryzen 7 are insane value for workstations, production PCs, and home servers, but they are a lot worse than the 2000 series for gaming. That memory latency hurts it tremendously.

Attached: 1546961111234432697.jpg (1540x900, 186K)