>debian is now a meme distro according to latest Jow Forums memes
why?

Attached: debian.png (201x250, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

devmanual.gentoo.org/general-concepts/slotting/
gentoo.org/support/news-items/2015-03-28-true-multilib.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because of trannies shilling it.

Systemd has gotten meme enough to negatively affect debian and devuan is now usable.

According to the old legends it was because of systemd and SJW armies taking control.

Attached: Heavenlyradio.jpg (106x59, 9K)

All distros are meme

debian is for lesbians

Debian was always a meme
In the past the meme was that Debian is GOAT
Now the meme is that Debian is shit
>t. Debian Stable user

Because Jow Forums is unemployed, or kids asking for buying a phone or a "gaming rig".

it's anal

Wtf I like Debian now

xubuntu is better

Ubuntu/mint - training wheels
Debian, fedora, openSUSE- tricycle
Manjaro, artix and other meme installers - bicycle
Kali, void, and le epic hacker distros - mid size sedan
Arch - luxury sedan
Slackware - lifted pickup truck with nuts
Gentoo - semi truck

When something gets stable enough it becomes a Jow Forums meme, automatically. That's why there's still all this i3+Arch setups around, they will never get any better.

>Arch - luxury sedan
Luxury sedan from 60's built on a junkyard.

Which distro is the hippie shag van full of weed and cum stains on the carpet?

MacOS

More like

>luser-tier
Ubuntu/mint

>Professional tier
Debian, Fedora, Redhat/centos

>I'm autistic-tier
Gentoo/Funtoo

>Frankenstein-tier
Any other distribution.

> it forces me to do mode by hand therefore it's more powerful
All distros are the same. Even NAS distros with Busybox can be redeemed.

>Professional tier
>Debian, Fedora, Redhat/centos
I use Debian and I'm still a virgin loser
Checkmate

>sedan
Do these cars have the reputation of breaking when going at the gas station? Not american, I don't know this brand of car.

The funny thing is that Ubuntu is the most used distro on professional workplaces.

It's based on debian, not surprising.

Mint is never used though in professional workplaces so he's half right

>brand
It's a class, you dummy. And they are the most reliable afaik, he's just a retard. Arch is just your average riced Civic 95, they look like shit, run like shit, makes lots of noise, and people who drive them are often absolute retards.

>Classy European tier
OpenSUSE

How did Ian Murdoch do it?
He created a new distro from scratch, not starting from something else, he showed everyone how packaging and dependencies is done, Debian is still community focused and completely free but also respected by everyone in the industry and is still going strong
It's amazing if you think how many things Debian achieved and how other distros failed

>it's a class
Well, thanks, I didn't know.

Ubuntu/Mint - bicycle with training wheels
Debian - Bus that breaks down all the time.
Fedora, openSUSE - super heavy articulated bus with automatic
Arch - Lada. Breaks down every time.
Manjaro, artix and other meme installers - used pre-riced Lada.
Slackware - Normal car.
Gentoo - fucking Concorde.

I'd expect that from american... But no, you're retarded and you should neck yourself

I have actually owned a 95 Civic and it was an unkillable machine. The previous owner had not even changed oils in it probably ever, they were not even liquid anymore but some nasty paste. Still the car worked fine and by properly maintaining it, it never broke. It was nothing like american cars that break after driving them out of the dealer's yard. You would actually have to own a Civic before bashing it (but you wouldn't then).

some package was called web-oob and the righteous morale police throw a tantrum because some weaklings couldn't sleep at night knowing their distro was a patriarcal haven.

>I'd expect an american not know the car class names given in the USA
>but I'd expect a non american to know
And somehow I'm the retard ? In my country these are called berlines.

>Debian - Bus that breaks down all the time.
You're supposed to use stable if you don't know what you're doing, or for your work.

Ubuntu/Mint - bicycle with training wheels
Debian stable - 1980's Ikarus bus with manual.
Debian testing - Bus that breaks down all the time.
Fedora, openSUSE - super heavy articulated bus with automatic
Arch - Lada. Breaks down every time.
Manjaro, artix and other meme installers - used pre-riced Lada.
Slackware - Normal car.
Gentoo - fucking Concorde.

I was making fun of ricers, I've owned one myself, cheap to repair, reliable and comfortable enough, Civics are goddamn good machines. Easily the Thinkpad of cars.

When it comes to 'muh breaks' it is more about manufacturer, than body style.

>Gentoo - Tu144

FTFY

Gentoo doesn't crash, so it is not Ty144

I thought sedan was a brand name and not a class of car.

Void

You are thinking of seat

It does if sabotaged by French people. :^)

It does, when some DC-10 loose parts.

I have no idea why you people don't use Ubuntu. Just install Ubuntu minimal. It's much less of a hassle and comes bloat free, plus you have up to date packages.

Because it breaks. Because "Ubuntu" sounds like niggger something

>ubuntu
>bloat free
Last time I checked Ubuntu was more bloated and buggy than Windows
Debian is not particularly user friendly for a total noob but it just works and gets out of the way and completely forget about it so I stay on Debian Stable
Ubuntu and it's ugly purple hues are shit
Also this
I won't use a distro that was promoting Nelson Mandela and says some bollocks that Ubuntu is some philosophy shit

Or you can just do a netinstall of debian.

>Nelson Mandela
Did he make SA a nigger shithole?

canonical niggers

I wounder why Ooboontah still has a rim on logo...

>sudo
>not bloat
kek

There was a point where everyone hated SSDs. Point is never listen to Jow Forums. Literally never.

Gentoo is amazing. I can have multiple conflicting versions of packages, or 64 and 32 bit libraries at once. And it's all fine because the programs that depend on specific architectures or specific versions of programs are compiled from source, so portage just links them with the version it knows it depends on.

See devmanual.gentoo.org/general-concepts/slotting/ and gentoo.org/support/news-items/2015-03-28-true-multilib.html

If you've ever had to deal with dependency issues with packages you'll know why this is awesome.

Also being able to manually include (or exclude) certain features from any package or your kernel is extremely useful. For example, I was able to simply remove the SSL heartbeat extension and recompile my packages when the heartbleed vuln came out.

Did I even mention Portage?
>Portage works without any external repo.
>Portage supports using llvm icc etc to build with.
>Portage supports distcc.
>Portage supports slotting of dependencies.(multiple versions of python, ruby, gtk etc)
>Portage supports multiple kernels BSD Fedora debian etc.
>Portage can thread package installs and downloads

Meanwhile, with Arch
>overzealous autistic fan boys
>"you'll learn how Linux REALLY works!" When it's literally just configuring a package manager and letting scripts do the rest
>offers nothing that minimal net installs already offered for other distros don't.
>muh bleeding edge packages!! when you can just install directly from the upstream source in any distro.
>only reason to use it is the aur, which is full of broken and unmaintained packages and isn't monitored at all, most "packages" are just a bash script to download the package and it's install script from GitHub.
>aur is far worse than Open Build Service, which actually lets you package binaries and programs for multiple distros.

there's nothing it offers that makes it worth using over any other distros and it has the worst fucking user base.

Attached: 1548026336910.jpg (1012x1324, 290K)

I see arch as some sort of linux disneyland, to be frank. I imagine arch users checking pacman, seeing all the "computer lines" going on and thinking they're hot shit, neo in matrix.
It's trully a distribution for wankers. I mean, at least my grandma using ubuntu doesn't pretend she's some hot hacker shit because she managed to read a wiki page to install this horror of a distribution.
I'm not surprised arch has a lot of fanboys here, by the way. Arch is just a distro for "show off" people, except they have nothing to show off, probably "working" full time maintaining their arch (it breaks with every update) and ricing it to post on Jow Forums how big of a "l33t" they are.

Debiantards are such insecure retards. I use arch because it's the only distro with stable update vanilla packages. All of the distros make gnome and kde basically unusable with their trash tweaks. I don't care about any of that hacker nonsense. It's all just projection on debianfags because the only reason they use it is because you're too tryhard to just use Ubuntu.

No you don’t you dumb nigger. They’re repos are behind quite a bit

>ooba gooba
Sorry, I don't speak stolen rims.

Are you always logged in as root?

Less than Debian, though.

Yeah, you could.

Not an issue if you don't spend all of your time staring blankly at screenfetches

Grug won argument

not the guy you are replying to in terms of that sudo shit but I think too think that sudo is bloat.
Just make yourself an alias for sudo to su -c and you are done.
>inb4 that are two different things
Yeah I know su and sudo are not the same and don't really do the same and serve specific purposes but in the end that solution is 'less' bloat. I don't like to edit the sudoers file and I don't like the fact that I need to install sudo because it is not shipped standard. I know my root password, so su -c is good enough. The password for root and my normal user is the same anyways... crazy but a lot of people do this...

>Not an issue if you don't spend all of your time staring blankly at screenfetches
Boot screen will remind you this niggger word, which means "I'm niggers, since I'm nigger and nothing will fix me, ACAB".
Other, good distributions might have silly names, like Fedora, but they aren't offensive and mean nothing.
Or some sort of acronym like OpenSUSE, Open Software und System-Entwicklung...

Suse ist trotzdem totaller müll und yast lutscht schwänze.

gnu hurd

Sorry, I don't speak gas chamber.
But SUSE isn't complete junk. Walmart uses it, I use OpenSUSE.
YaST is good for retards like me.

Dunno, it is OK distro with great documentation, but bloated. 3000 packages is JUST...

It has been shilled by Microsoft for way too long.

Because it is.
>outdated packages in the name of "stability", yet less stable than other distros that are more up-to-date
>denounces other distros for suffering from "shiny new thing" syndrome, yet shoved the systemdick down their throat at the first opportunity
>not only that, now that they realized it's shit they refuse to maintain it
>founder suicided by cia niggers and the others didn't even bat an eye
>unnecessarily complicated to get firmware to actually install it on most machines
>package manager is absolute shit, something as simple as installing multiple versions leads to apt dependency hell
>shit documentation
Debian is an absolute shit distro and but a shadow of its former self. The only people who use it now do so because it has a good reputation, since it USED to be great, but now it isn't.
If you want to run Linux, there are better distributions for any use case.

This. People who actually had to deal with lots of dependencies, libraries, etc. can truly appreciate what a great package manager such as Portage can do. Not to mention that, despite having a reputation for being a very advanced distribution, Gentoo actually makes many things EASIER than many other distribution, by providing simple, general and useful tools such as eselect. Plus, their documentation is pretty good, and getting better by the day.
Many things in Gentoo are "hard" simply because it's a natural consequence of distribution design: letting you customize almost everything, but at the same time giving you powerful tools to do it easily. On the other hand, there is no reason for a distribution such as Arch to not have a basic installer, for example, and in fact they did have it before autists came.
Hell, Void, which is arguably more minimal than Arch out of the box, does have an installer.
I did use Arch for about 9 months, and while it's overall not a bad distribution once configured properly, it really doesn't offer much over other distributions.
I'm running Gentoo nowadays, but if I were to choose a binary distribution nowadays, I'd probably go with Void.